Reload this Page >

Demonic Toys movies on US DVD?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 12-05-05, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

I just won Demonic Toys, Dollman, and Dollman vs Demonic Toys DVDs as a set from someone on eBay. Well, it looked real enough, the pictures look like real DVDs, and it listed features besides the movie. So I win and pay for the auction, and that's when I decide to look at his feedback (which is 294) and there were TONS of these Demonic Toy sets, as well as tons of Puppet Master boxsets and Subspecies sets. Looking through the feedback, they were mostly positive, but every now and then someone accuses them of being copies. Here's one feedback with the seller's reply:
Buyer: Received counterfeit DVDs made own DVD cover and DVD box
Reply by Seller: NOT counterfeit!! Learn the Diff. NOOB!! Ever Heard of e-mail ??
I like how he says learn the Diff? The difference between what?!?
For the record, were these movies ever released on DVD in the US?
I'll just wait and see what the movies are like, if they are copies, then I WILL get my money back, and report him to eBay
Old 12-05-05, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got pictures that we can view and evaluate?
Old 12-05-05, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by speedy1961
Got pictures that we can view and evaluate?
from the auction (I didn't receive them yet):

Old 12-05-05, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, those aren't region 1, as far as I know.
Old 12-05-05, 12:42 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK THey are not the R2 releases becuase the boxes don't have the 18 certificate on them. I believe I've read that there is a R0/NTSC DVD of Dollman, with Dutch subtitles, but I am not sure if it is a legitimate release or not. You might want to go to charlesband.com and send off an e-mail asking about authorized releases of these films outside of the US.

Last edited by BrentLW; 12-05-05 at 12:45 PM. Reason: typo correction
Old 12-05-05, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Even the cheapest releases don't duplicate the cover art on the disc. The "photos" seem to be of low quality. Smells fishy.
Old 12-05-05, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They looked just like the VHS covers. Obvious boots anyway. I have sen this guy selling them. Makes me wonder (no offense) why people by these. Might as well buy the Jurassic Park Superbit boxsets for $10.00
Old 12-05-05, 02:54 PM

Even the cheapest releases don't duplicate the cover art on the disc. The "photos" seem to be of low quality. Smells fishy.
Actually, Koch (distributer of early Full Moon dvds) did use the cover art for the DVDs. There is a good chance that they might be legit. Anyway, if they are pressed dvds, look for "FUMDVXXX" (XXXX = 4-digit number) on the inner ring (bottom of DVD) to determine if they are official Koch pressings. Let us know what happens.
Old 12-05-05, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Geiger
They looked just like the VHS covers. Obvious boots anyway. I have sen this guy selling them. Makes me wonder (no offense) why people by these. Might as well buy the Jurassic Park Superbit boxsets for $10.00
Seeing as how these were Full Moon releases, I wasn't deterred by the VHS cover similarities. And the fact he had a pretty high feedback, I just didn't think about checking his feedback until after...
Once I get them, I'll confirm whether they are boots or not. When I get them, I'll report accordingly (if they are boots)
Old 12-06-05, 07:48 AM

These are some of the movies that Paramount have had distribution rights for. That's why Full Moon haven't released them yet. The only release of those "Paramount" movies, if the Puppet Master Box Set, and that had to be recalled right after release for legal reasons.

These may be legit, if Koch released those, but had them recalled. But I doubt it, since I'm a big Full Moon fan, and I've never heard of these. You could of course send an e-mail to Full Moon through www.fullmoondirect.com , and make them aware of the seller.
Old 12-06-05, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
they're boots.
Old 12-06-05, 12:28 PM

I can dig it if this isn't something to be discussed, but lemme say that I'm sure those are bootlegs. What's more, I find it hard to fault the guy selling them. Of course he can't come out and say what they are in the auction without it being closed and that can come off as shady, but aren't these films that are pretty much unavailable otherwise? I, for one, am happy to see these types of auctions out there regardless how genuine the discs are. It's not like he's selling fake versions of popular new releases. I would imagine most people that buy these are aware of what they're getting.
Old 12-06-05, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by The Bus
That's what I was thinking....
Old 12-06-05, 12:58 PM

Boy, everyone in this thread is just making me look stupid.
I just thought that Full Moon may had released them and they were taken off the market like the Puppet Master movies. With the cover art/disc art, considering Full Moon wasn't always high on quality, I would have believed they did it. And if I had looked at the feedback beforehand, I would have been more sure that they would be boots...
Ah well, you live and learn