Banned

Roseanne: The Complete Second Season ----> Dec. 6th 2005

From dvdactive.com:

Title: Roseanne: The Complete Second Season
Starring: Roseanne Barr
Released: 6th December 2005
SRP: $39.98

Further Details:

Anchor Bay Entertainment has announced the release of Roseanne: The Complete Second Season for the 6th of December, priced at around $39.98. In addition to the episodes themselves, the set will include 'John Goodman: A Candid Interview', a 'DJ: All Grown Up' featurette, a 'Best of Season Two' featurette, 'Roseanne United: Season One Launch Party' and John Goodman's audition. Here's the artwork.
Cover artwork here
Old 12-02-05, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Most importantly... the season 2 episodes are the UNCUT original network versions! ... (unless, of course, they're lying)
Old 12-03-05, 11:04 AM

Unfortunately I believe Roseanne and The Cosby Show both promoted uncut sets, then delivered syndicated shorter versions once the dvds were out for their first season sets respectively. A real bummer with no excuse. I sure hope they reversed course and the uncut part is true here for Season 2, but if it is important to you then I recommend you wait to be absolutely sure.
Old 12-03-05, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was just at Target, and noticed that they have Season 2 out early. I was tempted to get it, I'll admit, but I just can't see owning Season 2 without Season 1, and I refuse to buy Season 1 since it's cut. If they ever decide to go back and fix Season 1, then I'll probably buy them at that point.

BTW, there's a sticker on the S2 set that these are the "uncut, network versions" (or something like that, I don't remember the exact wording), but as John mentioned above, they once said the same thing about Season 1...

Rob
Old 12-03-05, 01:54 PM
Video Gamer Reviewers

Originally Posted by the sticker says
4 DISC SET
Includes
Original "Network"
UNCUT EPISODES and
All New Interviews
with John Goodman
and more!
For the curious, I'm working a review of this set that should be up tomorrow or Monday... and I'm pretty sure these are the uncut network versions. The season two episodes' runtimes are approximately 2 minutes longer than the season one episodes.
Old 12-03-05, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

What season did Joss Whedon start working on the show, because It might be worth a netflix to check out his really early work? Thanks!