Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Ten Commandments 3 Disc Anniversary Edition 03.21.06

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Ten Commandments 3 Disc Anniversary Edition 03.21.06

Old 03-25-06, 03:00 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by gutwrencher
Agreed. And like was said, it may be early in 2006, but this is by far my fave release of the year so far, quality and presentation wise.
sold!
Old 03-26-06, 07:33 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw the 3-disc DVD in the store. It looks like a thin box from the outside. How are discs housed within?
Old 03-27-06, 07:35 AM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eau
I saw the 3-disc DVD in the store. It looks like a thin box from the outside. How are discs housed within?
Here's a view of the inside of the Mexican edition. But you get the idea... The three-disc fold-out folds right-to-left under the case to which it is attached on the left side, the total package being 7/8 of an inch thick. In this Region 4 edition, the slipcase is separate and therefore a little thicker (it has a backside and is open on the right). In the Region 1 package, the back of the case is really the back of the Disc 1 holder. The Region 1 case also has a solid right side, which enfolds the fold-out, which means it's not really a slipcase but rather a cover, I guess. Capice?

Other difference: in the Region 1 edition, the central disc (disc number 2) has a picture of Anne Baxter on the left and Yul Brynner on the right, instead of the tablets of the law. It's a cultural thing, I guess, although punching a hole in the middle of the tablets doesn't sound very respectful to me...

By the way, don't bother looking this title up on its official website, www.paramount.com/homeentertainment , they haven't heard of it and they're still busy pushing "My Little Pony" and the VHS version of the silent film (I kid you not). I have written to Paramount Home Entertainment for a picture of the inside packaging. We'll see what happens.

Last edited by baracine; 03-27-06 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-03-06, 08:18 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The left panel is really the back of the box and is attached to it along its left edge (in the Canadian edition anyway). This image was provided by Ms. Kim Waldauer of Paramount.

(Please click image to resize.)

Thanks to PicTiger for providing Free Image Hosting.

Last edited by baracine; 04-04-06 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-17-06, 05:52 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I watched the last hour of ABC's HiDef broadcast of 'The Ten Commandments' last Saturday night and I have to say - I was a bit underwhelmed. The image was all a tad soft. The colours were great, but for what should have been a stellar presentation of the film, was all rather a let down...