DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Domino -- February 21st (with full details) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/446919-domino-february-21st-full-details.html)

Patrick Mirza 11-28-05 06:08 PM

Domino -- February 21st (with full details)

New Line Home Entertainment has announced the bounty hunting action film Domino for release on February 14th 2006. Starring Keira Knightley and Mickey Rourke, the Platinum Series DVD will be available with a 2.40:1 anamorphic transfer, Dolby Digital 5.1-EX, Dolby Stereo Surround and DTS-ES 6.1 tracks.

Extras will include an audio commentary with director Tony Scott and writer Richard Kelly, a second commentary track (with script notes and story development from director Tony Scott, executive producer Zach Schiff-Abrams, writer Richard Kelly and actor Tom Waits), deleted and alternate scenes with optional commentary by director Tony Scott, "I am a Bounty Hunter" featurette (a look at the life of Domino Harvey with optional commentary from writer Richard Kelly and the late Domino Harvey), "Bounty Hunting on Acid: Evolution of a Visual Style" featurette (a look at Tony Scott's visual style starting with his award-winning Marlboro ads through the gritty styling of Domino) and teaser & theatrical trailers. Retail is $27.95.

http://www.davisdvd.com/images/covers_big/domino.jpg

g 11-28-05 06:17 PM

I actually loved this movie. I want the dvd.

madgame 11-28-05 06:49 PM

me too

TomOpus 11-28-05 06:52 PM

Missed it in theaters. It would definately be strange to listen to Domino's commentary.

bsktballDude1 11-28-05 07:00 PM

I didn't think the movie deserved the overly harsh criticism the film received or the poor box office results. I thought it was a lot of fun and entertaining, with a superb and sexy performance from Keira Knightley.

EdTheRipper 11-28-05 09:19 PM

I can't wait to see this.

Count de Monet 11-28-05 09:24 PM

I really enjoyed this film as well. I think it's destined to become a cult classic. I don't think Ed (Mickey Rourke) would approve of the Domino-centric DVD cover through.

dadaluholla 11-28-05 09:36 PM

No question I'll be blind buying this one.

Big Dave 11-28-05 09:50 PM

Wanted to see it in the theater, but never got around to it, I will definately pick it up when it comes out.

woemcats 11-28-05 10:29 PM

I know it got mixed reviews, but I'm picking this up for the Richard Kelly script and on the strength of Man on Fire.

Willh51 11-28-05 10:30 PM

I'm so glad they are giving this a good dvd, I really enjoyed the movie and I think it'll play even better at home.

scott shelton 11-28-05 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by bsktballDude1
I didn't think the movie deserved the overly harsh criticism the film received or the poor box office results.

Boy I sure do...

msbailey 11-28-05 10:48 PM

I knew, as soon as I saw this thread, that it wouldn't take long for someone to come along and crap in it. Thanks, Scott!

indiephantom 11-28-05 11:51 PM

I loved the film and I'm there. Tony Scott is brilliant in my book.

ReduxGuy 11-29-05 01:40 AM

I LOVED this film.

Excellent performances by Keira, Mickey, and Mo'Nique and an excellent script by Kelly.

A must own. And with DTS-ES, too!!!

Fincher Fan 11-29-05 03:02 AM

I'm keen to check out the featurette on Scott's visual style.

steebo777 11-29-05 07:04 AM

Great flick!!! Thanks for the info OP.

TimoRitzen 11-29-05 07:20 AM

Liked the movie. Was enjoyable enough for some brainless entertainment. Not sure if I`ll buy the dvd though...

matome 11-29-05 07:54 AM

Looking forward to this

The Bus 11-29-05 08:16 AM

This, God of War, and Constant Gardener are some of my most anticipated discs.

Geofferson 11-29-05 09:02 AM

Missed it in theaters, but the DVD sounds good -- looking forward to it.

Giles 11-29-05 09:05 AM

I like Keira, but from I've read, this film pretty much stinks. I'd rent it but there was no way I'd waste $7 on this flick in the theatre.

ryuryu2949 11-29-05 09:32 AM

No Brian Austin Green/ Ian Ziering commentary track = no sale

scott shelton 11-29-05 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by msbailey
I knew, as soon as I saw this thread, that it wouldn't take long for someone to come along and crap in it. Thanks, Scott!

How is this a crap again? Please explain...

If the thread title was THIS AWESOME MOVIE DOMINO IS COMING 2/14!!!, then yes, I crapped.

But that wasn't the thread title, and comments good and bad are both welcome.

So thank YOU for firing before aiming.

Count de Monet 11-29-05 10:40 AM

Yeah, I've noticed that some people around here have very little tolerance for any negative comments made in neutrally-titled threads, such as this one. But that doesn't stop them from engaging in personal insults and then hiding behind the shield of calling you a troll or a threadcrapper. Doesn't really foster free thought or spirited opinion, does it?

Although I enjoyed DOMINO quite a bit, I don't mind the negative comments. Frankly, given the film's terrible mainstream reception, I completely expect it. But for those who haven't even seen it, I would hope that they would at least try giving the film a chance with a rental. It's not for everyone, that's for sure. But I think the film will eventually enjoy a very dedicated following.