Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

So what's the deal with the Warner Classic Mega Collection??

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-05, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did a quick search and while I found a couple threads covering the item in general I couldn't find anything pertaining to the set actually being released.

Anyway I'm wondering if anyone other than myself ordered one of the sets and got absolutely nothing

I ordered mine from Deep Discount DVD in mid October (the first day it went up on the site) and around early November the item disappeared from their site completely. After two weeks of pointless phone conversations and emails with employees telling me everything from "it's shipping on time" to "the new release date is December 23rd" etc.... I finally got a supervisor (and believe me this was no easy task )

I've never had trouble with DDD customer service in the past but this experience has left a sour taste to say the least, if I treated my customers in the manner in which they handled my particular inquiry I would've been done long ago.

Anyway this particular supervisor informed me that there was a defect in manufacturing (not sure how, I figured they were just cleaning up old stock and making bundles, what the hell would they be manufacturing??) and not a single set made it to the retail level before the item was discontinued.

I'm wondering if anyone who ordered from DDD, or better yet Amazon, had any better luck or heard a similar story about a production issue??
Old 11-29-05, 07:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't imagine what the problem would be, unless it lies within King Kong, as that was the only movie in the package to have a late release date.
Old 11-29-05, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
to bulding a great movie collection

to DDD

to having to enter all those movies on dvdaf
Old 11-29-05, 04:53 PM

I agree with the big thumbs down to the last one there on your list as I actually had some free time back in October a week or so after I ordered and went ahead and entered them on my DVDAf page

Now I guess I have to buy them all one at a time to keep my list up to date
Old 11-29-05, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

this sounds strange....no one at DDD could help you on that...
Old 11-29-05, 05:14 PM

Yes very strange indeed. As I said I'd never had any complaints with DDD in the past but the way in which I was treated this time around, especially seeing as it was such a large order and that all I wanted was a straight answer, would convince me never to give them another dime of my money. It’s not even the matter of not filling the order but the way in which they handled the whole situation.

It was bad enough that every time I called or emailed I got a different answer but yesterday one of the gentlemen I was speaking with gave me three different answers over the course of a single phone call before finally hanging up on me when I politely demanded to speak with a supervisor whether he was “supposedly” busy or not (by this point I'd been trying to get a supervisor for over a week and was continually told they were busy to call later or they would call me back but that never happened).

Very unprofessional to say the least. I also noticed when checking the status of my order out of curiosity one last time today that it had been moved to the "completed" section of my order history. And yes it actually said "completed" as opposed to "canceled" or something of that sort, makes no sense.
Old 11-29-05, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Amazon lists the set at $1,449.98.
Availability: This title usually ships within 3 to 5 weeks.
Old 11-29-05, 11:13 PM

Anyone happen to have Amazons general customer service email address or phone number?? After searching through the help section I couldn't find any contact information whatsoever.
Old 11-29-05, 11:21 PM

Amazon - 1.800.201.7575
Old 11-30-05, 01:18 AM

Excellent
Old 11-30-05, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyDrama2006
...I ordered and went ahead and entered them on my DVDAf page
So, you are admiting to having a poser DVDAf page?

Seriously, the DDD situation is screwy and strange.

If you ever get this monster, make sure to document it for us with pics (the shipping box(es), first opening, etc) I'm also curious as to the version of the titles included and the space you have planned (?) for all this stuff.
Old 11-30-05, 01:10 PM

I finally got through to someone at customer service at Amazon and they just confirmed what was already on the site that the item was a special order but there shouldn't be any issue in obtaining it.

They didn't have any information as to whether or not the item had been discontinued or if they'd actually shipped any of the packages so who knows. Anyway I went ahead and put in an order so we shall see. Estimated ship date is not till after Christmas but as long as it arrives I guess it really doesn't matter.
Old 12-03-05, 01:33 AM

Just happened to notice the item is now, once again, listed at Deep Discount DVD. Mad as I am with them I figured what the hell, no sense letting my temper spite me I figured I'd give them one more chance to come through for me.

I placed yet another order for the item so we'll see what happens. Best case scenerio I have my dics by the middle of next week, worst case I never order from them again (and I'll mean it this time, no third chances )
Old 12-03-05, 12:45 PM

Just got an order confirmation telling me the item is on backorder. What the **** is wrong with these assholes
Old 12-03-05, 01:06 PM

And I just received this email a matter of moments ago.......

Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately the item listed below is
discontinued, and we can not fullfill the item. You have not been charged for
this item.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and we thank you for
your understanding.

We look forward to your next visit at http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com If you have
any questions, please e-mail us at [email protected].

Best regards,
DeepDiscountDVD.com Customer Service

Deep Discount DVD

EDIT ~

and for the kicker my order still remains open with an estimated shipping date of 12/13 and the item is still up on their site. What a joke

Last edited by JohnnyDrama2006; 12-03-05 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-05-05, 11:08 PM

Get ready for an out of the blue plot twist.

I just received an email from Deep Discount DVD saying my order has shipped and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Now mind you this is after being told {after ordering for the second time} the item was on backorder and then received the above email a few moments later.

The tracking number they supplied with the email is active, however it seems the whole thing is in one package. Must be a hell of a box to support 200 DVDs.

Should be interesting to see if it really arrives tomorrow as, after talking to numerous "large" DVD retailers I was beginning to believe the package was nothing more than an urban legend that really didn't make it to retail.

Even with a working tracking number I'm still skeptical but we shall see what develops
Old 12-05-05, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The tracking number they supplied with the email is active, however it seems the whole thing is in one package. Must be a hell of a box to support 200 DVDs.
I believe that a single tracking number can applied to multiple boxes that are part of the same shipment.

DJ
Old 12-06-05, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

so wait...they cancelled the order...meaning they won't charge your card....and then they shipped it....so how many free dvds is that
Old 12-06-05, 01:05 AM

They canceled the first time I ordered (well technically they moved it to the "COMPLETED" section of my order history but no money ever changed hands on that order), the second time they just told me it was on backorder and followed up with the email above stating they would be unable to fulfill the order as the item was discontinued. However, oddly enough, they left the order in the "OPEN" phase, in fact it still says "OPEN" and lists the item on backorder at this very moment, but I have been charged for the package.

Unfortunately I didn't get any free ones That's okay though, I'll just be happy to get the package in the first place.
Old 12-06-05, 05:34 AM

I've gotta see how they are going to package that thing...
Old 12-06-05, 11:48 AM

Some photos...............

Old 12-06-05, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i thought there would be a lot more box sets in there...i see loose gangster movies, james dean, king kong, contreversial classics, film noir
Old 12-06-05, 12:12 PM

Yeah that was kind of strange. All the boxsets save for the Thin Man Collection and Tarzan were broken up and shipped individually.

Also I didn't get the collectors edition of Kong or the three disc Wizard of Oz, guess I'll have to go buy those two for myself
Old 12-06-05, 03:49 PM

I kinda knew that the collection only including the regular 2-disc of Kong and Wizard of Oz... the only reason is because I scoured the picture on amazon.com to check out what titles they had in the picture.
Old 12-06-05, 09:51 PM

Some photos...............
Further down the road tell us how long it took you to watch all that

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.