DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   The Cutting Edge: Going For The Gold & Gold Medal Edition ----> 2/7/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/446189-cutting-edge-going-gold-gold-medal-edition-2-7-06-a.html)

dx23 11-22-05 08:29 AM

The Cutting Edge: Going For The Gold & Gold Medal Edition ----> 2/7/06

Davisdvd.com mentions that Sony is releasing this title on Feb. 7th 2006.

Doughboy 11-22-05 08:31 AM

Hopefully they redo the transfer. And 5.1 audio would be nice.

bboisvert 11-22-05 11:37 AM

:lol:

They've double-dipped The Cutting Edge! This is surely a sign that it's time to move on to Blu-ray, no?

(Not a threadcrap... my wife loves this movie, and I'll likely be taking the plunge. Still... that's nuts.)

speedyray 11-22-05 11:42 AM

Wow, never thought I would see a double dip on this, might end up getting it (never bought the current release)

Michael T Hudson 11-22-05 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by bboisvert
:lol:

They've double-dipped The Cutting Edge! This is surely a sign that it's time to move on to Blu-ray, no?

(Not a threadcrap... my wife loves this movie, and I'll likely be taking the plunge. Still... that's nuts.)

I think everyones wife loves this one. Doug can read. :lol:

Star Wars Guy 11-22-05 12:07 PM

I was hoping it'd be the toe-pick edition! ;)

exharrison 11-22-05 12:38 PM

Must be to coincide with the release of the sequel.

Altimus Prime 11-22-05 12:48 PM

Hey, I like this movie! Admittedly, it was a gf who introduced me to it. The girl in that movie is just so damn hot! That, and there's enough "guy stuff" going on to keep it from being a complete chick-flick that causes comas in males.

IIRC, I got this for like $10 at a drug store. I'll wait for the reviews/content to see if it's worth double dipping - which I have NEVER done!

Living Dead 11-22-05 01:49 PM

This was always a guilty pleasure for me too. I'll definitely pick it up.

rexinnih 11-22-05 02:26 PM

Always liked this movie. Will have to pick this up.

cerulean 11-24-05 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Star Wars Guy
I was hoping it'd be the toe-pick edition! ;)

I want The Pamchenko Edition!

cinephan 11-24-05 02:35 AM

Of course this happens when I break down and buy the barebones edition.

dx23 11-28-05 07:36 PM

The Cutting Edge: Going For The Gold ----> 2/7/06

From dvdactive.com:

Title: The Cutting Edge
Starring: Christy Carlson Romano
Released: 7th February 2006
SRP: $24.96

Further Details:

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has officially announced the straight to video release of The Cutting Edge: Going for the Gold which stars Christy Carlson Romano as the young and beautiful daughter of the original skaters from The Cutting Edge. The disc itself will carry an anamorphic widescreen presentation, along with a director and cast commentary, a Behind the Ice commentary, a Movie Montage with music by Christy Carlson Romano, and a photo gallery. Available alongside the sequel will be a Gold Medal Edition of the original film. This one will be presented in full frame along with English, French and Spanish Dolby Surround tracks. Retail will be $14.94 or thereabouts. We've attached the artwork for the sequel below:
Cover artwork here . This explains the recent announcement of the original's re-release.

The Cutting Edge: Gold Medal Edition

Ginwen 11-28-05 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by exharrison
Must be to coincide with the release of the sequel.

Plus the fact that the winter olympics are starting that week (February 10 - 26).

dx23 11-28-05 07:56 PM

There is more info about this release on davisdvd.com.
http://www.davisdvd.com/news/news.html

meritocracy 11-28-05 10:55 PM

Not much...there's info on the direct-to-video sequel, but nothing specific regarding the original.

ds6161 11-28-05 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by cinephan
Of course this happens when I break down and buy the barebones edition.

thankz for taking one for the team.........

matome 11-29-05 07:58 AM

Praying for a DD track -pray-

CaptStormy 11-29-05 09:59 AM

They never did say that they won the gold. so the new title is a spoiler!

Altimus Prime 11-29-05 10:12 AM

Available alongside the sequel will be a Gold Medal Edition of the original film. This one will be presented in full frame along with English, French and Spanish Dolby Surround tracks.
So the original is only going to be full frame? Screw that. And I couldn't care less about the sequel.

This just doesn't make any sense. The original release has an anamorphic widescreen transfer, but is in need of cleanup. They have the audacity to call this a "gold medal edition," and release it in fullscreen? If right, that's total BS.

Guess that means no double-dip.

freshticles 11-29-05 10:54 AM

finger painting?

matome 11-29-05 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
So the original is only going to be full frame? Screw that. And I couldn't care less about the sequel.

This just doesn't make any sense. The original release has an anamorphic widescreen transfer, but is in need of cleanup. They have the audacity to call this a "gold medal edition," and release it in fullscreen? If right, that's total BS.

Guess that means no double-dip.

I hope that is indeed wrong. DVD Empire has them listed as the opposite (original SE-wide, sequel-fullscreen).

dx23 01-23-06 05:21 PM

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/protectedi...ge2_r1pack.jpg

Superman07 01-23-06 07:24 PM

Isn't this a bit of cross-information?

I was under the impression that:

a) the above artwork is for the direct-to-dvd sequel.

and

b) there is going to be a re-issue of the original (SE??) to tie-in with said sequel.

dx23 01-23-06 07:33 PM

Isn't this a bit of cross-information?

I was under the impression that:

a) the above artwork is for the direct-to-dvd sequel.

and

b) there is going to be a re-issue of the original (SE??) to tie-in with said sequel.
Originally there were 2 separate threads for each release, but the mods decided to merge them into one. That is the reason why it seem to be a mix of information on this thread. The cover shown is for the sequel. As soon as I find the cover for the SE of the original release, I will post it.