Reload this Page >

Dawson's Creak Season 6????

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 11-19-05, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did a quick search and havn't found anything on this...

I am wondering if there has been any news on the final season of "Dawson's Creek" being released on DVD? I just finished season 5 and I really cannot wait to watch the last season... back in the day I was really into this show and then for some reason I stoped watching half way through season 5 and didn't pick it back up until about 5 episodes before the finale, and I really really want to see what happens...

I have the episodes recorded from TBS and if this DVD is still in the "should we or shouldn't we" stage of development I am honestly thinking of cutting my loses and watching my VHS versions...

Any new is really appreciated... Thanks!
Old 11-19-05, 11:49 PM

Question.....?

i know the Dawson's sets are notorious for having music replaced in the DVD sets. does anyone know if the syndicated versions are the complete original broadcast episodes? the replacement of songs has to be one of my biggest pet peeves in the production of DVD's and i will not buy them in this altered format.
Old 11-20-05, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

These are the original version of the episodes "that aired on the WB" but two episodes from season 5 had about 20 seconds each cut so they wouldn't have to license music for it...
Old 11-23-05, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 110 Likes on 72 Posts
I stopped buying these sets after season 2... it really pains me since this was one of my favorite shows ever, but alas I cannot condone what Sony has done to the series. Unfortunately I doubt there are enough people who care about the integrity of the show to boycott like I have.

Maybe I'll pick them up on Ebay since the money I'll be spending will only be going to the person who originally bought them, and not the studio directly.
Old 11-23-05, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by critterdvd
These are the original version of the episodes "that aired on the WB" but two episodes from season 5 had about 20 seconds each cut so they wouldn't have to license music for it...

So far, other than Season 1, all of the DVD releases have contained a large number of replacement songs (as many as 60% when I counted one). The season 5 removal of the entire scenes of Joey singing was a new addition to the butchery. For complete info on what has been replaced:

http://www.dawsonscreekmusic.com/music/dvd/

I'm not sure if the TBS syndicated showings have been trimmed for time, but they DO contain the original music. I've been recording them to the hard drive of my DVD Recorder and cutting commercials before putting them on DVD, and they end up about 42-44 minutes without commercials (or end credits because TBS puts ads over them). I don't know what the original running times were, but they couldn't have trimmed much.
Old 11-23-05, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

That's because the deals were to have the music used for televised use. When you go into home video distribution you need more to a contract than just that.
Old 11-23-05, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by critterdvd
I did a quick search and havn't found anything on this..
Did you spell it right in your search?
Old 11-23-05, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 127 Likes on 93 Posts
that's why season 1 of felicity is sitting on my shelf unopened, and i don't own any of the others seasons. well that and each one got progressively worse...just like every other JJ show. =( i'd say lost as well, but that was his concept and he hasn't really had much to do with it.

same goes for QL. =(

If you watched the final 5 eps I'd say just go ahead and watch the vhs copies. if you didn't you may as well wait until you can get the dvds.