Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Brian Eno: 14 Video Paintings...Anyone else getting it...

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 11-17-05, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone else getting this...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...s=dvd&v=glance

I'm a huge ENO fan and I've been waiting for this for a long time.

This is the first time "Mistaken Memories of Mediaevil Manhattan" has been available on DVD, so I'm pretty excited!!!
Old 11-17-05, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by RagingBull80
Anyone else getting this...

I'm all over this with ya!

Old 11-17-05, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I added it to my wish list for Christmas! I really want it, but I spent enough at the recent DDDVD sale to last me the rest of the year and into next year!
Old 11-18-05, 02:01 AM

[QUOTE=gutwrencher]I'm all over this with ya!

Old 11-18-05, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As the Dead Milkmen sang:
"Now my superego's saying 'no, no, no'/I think I'll listen to some rowdy Brian Eno!"

Yes! I'm a major Eno fan. In fact, I already ordered it from DDD with 20% off coupon because they actually show it being in stock, though it comes out on Nov. 22. It's still showing as that, so get it now at the cheapest price:
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/redir...fier=RYK571508
I trust all you fellow Eno fans have the best of Musikladen with Roxy Music and T. Rex, featuring Eno on his bank of noisemakers and wearing his ostirch feather bolero and glitter circa 1972? If not... seek it out! Historic footage on there!
Old 11-18-05, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by slowcloud
I trust all you fellow Eno fans have the best of Musikladen with Roxy Music and T. Rex...

All this Eno talk just made me slap in Another Green World...man, I love that cd.

Sadly, I only saw Brian live, twice. The first time was with his brother, Roger. The last time was when he sat in with Roxy axeman, and another personal fave....Phil Manzanera.
Old 11-18-05, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i was all over this, too. i believe that it has come out, though. i think it's release date was 11/15. maybe i'm wrong, but my ddd order with it has already "shipped"...
Old 11-18-05, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by gutwrencher

All this Eno talk just made me slap in Another Green World...man, I love that cd.

Sadly, I only saw Brian live, twice. The first time was with his brother, Roger. The last time was when he sat in with Roxy axeman, and another personal fave....Phil Manzanera.
I think Another Green World is one of the greatest albums ever recorded in the history of rock!

You were lucky to see Eno live. I never have. I did get to see Robert Fripp and King Crimson at several shows in Buenos Aires when they were rehearsing the Thrak album. I even interviewed Bill Bruford while over there. Nothing like good, old cerebral prog rock, I say.

Anyway, so if the DVD's out already, then Amazon is wrong on their release date.
Old 11-18-05, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My order just shipped from DVD Empire. I also ordered the Bjork: "Medulla Videos" and "Making Of Medulla" DVDs for good measure (and to get free shipping).

I've been playing catch-up with Brian Eno. Got his Music for Airports first and love it, then got more of his ambient stuff: Thursday Afternoon, Apollo, Discrete Music, On Land and Shutov Assembly. I got Here Come the Warm Jets somewhere in there and it threw me for a loop, I couldn't get into it at all for some reason- though recent listens have improved my opinion of that album greatly. And just a month or two ago I finally got Another Green World and Another Day On Earth and they're both great.

I didn't even know the videos on this DVD existed until I read the DVDtalk review. Now I can't wait for it to arrive.
Old 11-19-05, 04:43 PM

I think [I] I even interviewed Bill Bruford while over there. Nothing like good, old cerebral prog rock, I say.
Right on brother. Let it be known....Bruford is my fave skinsman of all time...period. I own all KC btw...and am very fond of his solo projects...especially Bruford with Allan Holdsworth. One of a Kind simply rocks.
Old 11-19-05, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Right on brother. Let it be known....Bruford is my fave skinsman of all time...period. I own all KC btw...and am very fond of his solo projects...especially Bruford with Allan Holdsworth. One of a Kind simply rocks.
Very cool. Too bad he's no longer in with KC. He called it his "home." I wonder why he left?

BTW, to stay on Eno topic, do you not have the T. Rex and Roxy Music Musikladen DVD? Your collection is very thorough, but it needs that.
Old 11-19-05, 08:23 PM

BTW, to stay on Eno topic, do you not have the T. Rex and Roxy Music Musikladen DVD? Your collection is very thorough, but it needs that.
I've seen it and enjoyed it very, very much...but no, it is still MIA from my library. I don't see it at Amazon. Where can I find it?

EDIT: oops...I found it...$10.00.

Last edited by gutwrencher; 11-19-05 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-19-05, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've seen it and enjoyed it very, very much...but no, it is still MIA from my library. I don't see it at Amazon. Where can I find it?

EDIT: oops...I found it...$10.00.
Where'd you find it for $10? I saw it cheap not too recently, but it jumped up in price. It may come in print again soon, but who knows? I trust you purchased it. It would be good to know where you got it so cheap, so others and I can bookmark that site! It's very different stuff from 14 paintings, as someone like Tscott would notice (see is post and response to Here Come the Warm Jets), but Eno's been so quirky and unusual in all his sound explorations, Roxy Music are no exception, including the other band members like Ferry and Manzanara.
Old 11-19-05, 08:47 PM

Where'd you find it for $10?
Amazon

Thats the one, right?
Old 11-19-05, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Amazon

Thats the one, right?
lol Funny, when I did a search this version did not come up. I guess it's already in print again. Must be the third version of this DVD. Well worth it! Too bad they don't make pop music like they did back in the early '70s!
Old 11-20-05, 12:06 AM

I had to own the Roxy Music and T. Rex Musikladen DVD, not only because I love early Roxy Music but for the simple fact that, as far as i know, it is the only footage of Eno live.

I know that in Roxy Music:Total Recall, there is footage of ENO in the studio playing The Paw Paw Negro Blowtorch, which is short, but you gotta love it!!!

I am so happy to see so many people who just love ENO...It's nice to feel that I'm not the only one, it's especially good considering my age.
Old 11-20-05, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know that in Roxy Music:Total Recall, there is footage of ENO in the studio playing The Paw Paw Negro Blowtorch, which is short, but you gotta love it!!!
They should put that one out on DVD. It's a fun one to watch: their history through pictures and video with no voice over. I just don't care for the wimpy sounding post-Siren stuff (sorry, Avalon fans!).
Old 11-20-05, 12:00 PM

They should put that one out on DVD. It's a fun one to watch: their history through pictures and video with no voice over. I just don't care for the wimpy sounding post-Siren stuff (sorry, Avalon fans!).
Totally agree...The first four albums are the best...Sorry Avalon fans...

And I would buy that as soon as they put it out on DVD!!!

Slowcloud do you have Roxy Live at the Apollo? I wasn't planning on owning it but I found it at my Best Buy for $6.99, a steal IMO.
Old 11-20-05, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Slowcloud do you have Roxy Live at the Apollo? I wasn't planning on owning it but I found it at my Best Buy for $6.99, a steal IMO.
You know, that is a darn good price! I'd totally get it for that price. I was a bit averse to it because it's not the early Roxy Music I like, and that Musikladen Live DVD is my favorite Roxy stuff already, but I did see Bryan Ferry once perform stuff like "Do the Strand" and "Editions of You" at a solo show in the late ‘90s, and it was phenomenal work! I can imagine this old reunited Roxy Music (sadly no Eno, though) could be a trip to watch, too. Plus a documentary? So, that said, I'd totally buy it for $6.99, and I plan to check my local Best Buy for that price ASAP!