Reload this Page >

Scrubs S2 3rd disc art foul up?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 11-16-05, 09:54 AM
AOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys. Just picked up Season 2 of Scrubs on DVD. I do have a question for everyone else who picked this set up. Does anyone else's disc 3 art look different than the first two. The texture is different also. It almost looks like its not complete. Hmm. Hope mine's not the only one.
Old 11-16-05, 12:03 PM

eveything seems to be the exact same as the first 2 discs.
Old 11-16-05, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way, but who cares? It's not like you stare at the disc art while it's spinning in your player right?
Old 11-16-05, 12:57 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 878 Likes on 743 Posts
Originally Posted by Kal-El
Don't take this the wrong way, but who cares? It's not like you stare at the disc art while it's spinning in your player right?
if there is something wrong with it, then there is something wrong with it. it is a defect and i am sure when he paid money for this it wasn't going to have any problems (that is usually what happens when you go to purchase something, if not you return it). whether it is glaring or not, it is still there and he should get his money's worth...no?
Old 11-16-05, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by scott1598
if there is something wrong with it, then there is something wrong with it. it is a defect and i am sure when he paid money for this it wasn't going to have any problems (that is usually what happens when you go to purchase something, if not you return it). whether it is glaring or not, it is still there and he should get his money's worth...no?
Sure, if it affects the audio/video aspects of the DVD which the OP didn't specify. But it's disc art and IMO, I don't think it's worth all the trouble if it plays fine.
Old 11-16-05, 08:35 PM

can you post a scan of the disc?
Old 11-16-05, 08:50 PM
AOD

Kal-El, I wasn't looking for any opinions on whether it works in my player or not. I asked no such question on the playing aspects of disc 3, only the disc art. I asked a simple question and just wanted a simple answer.

Last edited by AOD; 11-16-05 at 09:11 PM.
Old 11-16-05, 09:05 PM

Speaking of the disc art. It's really not that much different from season 1.
Old 11-17-05, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy Kustes
Speaking of the disc art. It's really not that much different from season 1.
Yeah, that's the only thing I noticed about mine. They could've switched up the characters on the discs or something
Old 11-17-05, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by AOD
Kal-El, I wasn't looking for any opinions on whether it works in my player or not. I asked no such question on the playing aspects of disc 3, only the disc art. I asked a simple question and just wanted a simple answer.
Ok, fair enough. I guess I could have worded my first reply better. Sorry for that. My point was that if it plays fine, I don't think you should be concerned about the disc art.

Mine--which I didn't even bother checking until I read this thread--have no problem.
Old 11-17-05, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
:nopics:
Old 11-17-05, 09:36 PM
AOD

Sorry bboisvert, there are no pics to be had. It ended up mine was defective. I returned it and turns out there was something wrong with my disc art. The new set has the same art on all three discs. Next time i'll scan a couple pics first. Thanks all. But in defense of Scott1598, it doesn't matter what amount of money is spent on DVDs (or anything for that matter). You are paying for something you expect to be as described and offered to everyone else buying it. That wasn't the case in this matter.
Old 11-17-05, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
agreed...packaging and artwork is important...if it wasn't I'd just burn disc of music and movies i wanted...
Old 11-17-05, 11:40 PM

Just wanted to mention that I think my disc 3 art is the same as the OP. The easiest two places to see the differences from the other two discs are that the word "[Scrubs]" is raised on disc 3 but not the others and the For Technical Assistance... box looks different. It seems to play okay though.
Old 11-18-05, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kal-El
My point was that if it plays fine, I don't think you should be concerned about the disc art.
Many of us feel otherwise. If I spend money on a pricy TV box set, I expect it to be right. Period.