Reload this Page >

Blues Brothers Faulty

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Blues Brothers Faulty

Old 11-13-05, 04:48 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blues Brothers Faulty

So I just opened my copy of The Blues Brothers 25th Anniversary Edition to play it for the first time and it is completely going haywire. I checked it and there is no visible scratches. But every time I put it in my DVD player it freezes and get pixelated or whatever that is and won't continue. Is there any way I would be able to get this replaced by Universal or would that be out of the question?

Thanks.
Old 11-13-05, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Let me guess, Universal released this as a DVD-18. If this is a dual sided disc then its probably another of the many problem discs from Universal. The list is long, but it includes Orgazmo, The Hammer Collection, The Bela Lugosi Collection, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Columbo Season 3 and Mallrats X. This is an ongoing problem with Universal and they refuse to acknowledge it as far as I can tell. I have personally emailed them several times, but have never received a straight answer.

If you have the receipt I would try to contact Universal for a replacement. However, the email I received said the request had to be made within 30 days of purchase for them to honor it.

I ended up finally getting my money back from Best Buy for The Hammer Collection and Columbo Season 3, but it took several returns for them to finally give in. I went through 10 copies of Columbo Season 3 before they finally gave in on that one. I kept the Lugosi Collection because my old Sony could actually play that one with no issues and I just kept Orgazmo because I waited so long to actually get it on DVD and its only the extended version that freezes on me. I skipped on Blues Brothers and Mallrats X because I already have the old SEs. I am trying to stay away from Universal all together until they finally clear this up and replace all the defective discs.
Old 11-13-05, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Return it to where you bought it for a replacement.
Old 11-13-05, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had problems with my first copy as well. It sucks, but all you can really do is keep returning it back to the store until you find one that works. Don't you just love Universal?