Reload this Page >

Mask of Zorro Deluxe Edition movie ticket questions

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 11-11-05, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could anyone who has bought The Mask of Zorro Deluxe Edition DVD please tell me a few details about the free ticket to see The Legend of Zorro that is supposed to be inside?

In particular, is an actual movie ticket included (and not a coupon to send away for the movie ticket), and are AMC Theaters included in the participating theaters? Finally, what are the dates when the ticket is valid?

Harkins Theaters always seems to be included in such offers, but they
are far away from me compared to AMC Theaters. Knowing this will help me decide whether to buy the Deluxe Edition or the older, slightly cheaper 2-DVD Special Edition without the ticket for a little less. (I read that other than DTS both editions are basically the same.) Thanks.
Old 11-11-05, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is a MovieCash voucher good up to $7.50 & AMC is one of the chains which is listed as accepting it. Harkins is too.

It is good until March 31, 2006 as it can be used also as a coupon for $7.50 towards the purchase of a dvd. Titles it is good on are Spiderman (1 or 2), Desperado, Once Upon a Time In Mexico or Legend of Zorro. They also have a list of retailers who will accept it (quite a large list which includes BB & CC). I got 2 and am considering holding the second for my Legend of Zorro purchase which they must have planned for a date prior to 3-21-06 although it hasn't been announced yet.

Last edited by Mr.Briggs; 11-11-05 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-12-05, 04:38 PM

Thank you for the reply, Mr. Briggs.

It sounds like the movie ticket is worthwhile. The only thing I worry about is whether the Legend of Zorro will still be in theaters through Thanksgiving weekend which will be the only time in the next month I will have a chance to see it.

As there are no other DVDs on that list I want, if I couldn't use it at the theater because the movie disappears too quickly, I would have to use the coupon to buy the Legend of Zorro on DVD. Does the coupon have any sort of special conditions such as the discount is good only on regular prices (like Borders coupons which make the coupons worthless)? Is Best Buy one of the retailers listed?

As long as it can be used in conjunction with the lowest price of the day, the discount coupon could be worthwhile instead. However, I know stores love to use the excuse "sorry, you can't use a coupon and pricematch at the same time".
Old 11-12-05, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Best Buy is one of the retailers listed on the back. As well as Suncoast, Circuit City and FYE. There don't appear to be any conditions preventing you from using it on a sale price or anything like that. It does state however that it may not be used in conjunction with other offers which might mean price matching is out.
Old 11-12-05, 08:26 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wait a minute--am I missing something? It entitles you to the DVD of THE LEGEND OF ZORRO free, end of story. Who gives a shit about pricematching?
Old 11-12-05, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Filmmaker
Wait a minute--am I missing something? It entitles you to the DVD of THE LEGEND OF ZORRO free, end of story. Who gives a shit about pricematching?
It's actually a coupon for $7.50 off the price of the dvd...not a freebie.
Old 11-12-05, 09:50 PM

I was aware it was $7.50 off the Legend of Zorro DVD when it's released. The big question is whether it's $7.50 off MSRP which could be $29.95 or $7.50 off $14.99 assuming Best Buy or Circuit City has it for that price. Sometimes Fry's has new releases for $13.99, so the coupon could be valuable if it's off $14.99 or $13.99 pricematched, but if it's off MSRP it's totally worthless.

I plan to get the Deluxe Edition and use the movie ticket for the theater... unless they pull it from theaters before Thanksgiving weekend. You never know these days...
Old 11-13-05, 07:49 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sometimes I think I should be committed; I read that ticket so closely when I got it, trying to gather the finer points of the offer to see if I wanted to use it at the theater or on the DVD (I went with the DVD) and walked away convinced it was for a free DVD. Now, after what you guys wrote, I looked at it again for 2 seconds and can clearly see it's for only $7.50 off (still the better deal for me, since I saw the film during matinee prices). WTF? If you guys need me, I'll be over here with my head underneath the air conditioner.