Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Charlie Chan Curse Of Dragon Queen (11/8) specs or info?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 11-02-05, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the awesomely cheesy 80's movie with Battlestar Galacticas' Richard Hatch right? Anyone have any info, such as anamorphic, etc. It's from Trinity Home Entertainment which I don't think I've seen before, so I don't know if they do anamorphic or not? They also have Octagon (Chuck Norris) on the same day with no specs.
Old 11-02-05, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just found Trinity's website, & it is that movie. I remember Angie Dickinson & Peter Ustinov, but I forgot about Michelle Pfeiffer. Unfortunately, they don't have any specs- just this info-
Charlie Chan & The Curse
of the Dragon
Action / Comedy
97 min. – Rated R

Synopsis: The inscrutable detective matches his legendary wit against his old nemesis, The Dragon Queen! Follow Chan through the most unlikely of obstacles as he watches over his klutzy grandson and his fiancée rushing to save them from a fate worse than death! Featuring an all star cast.

Starring: Michelle Pfeiffer, Peter Ustinov, Roddy McDowell
Old 11-02-05, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
must be a price drop because that came out 09.07.04 according to amazon, I thought it had been out longer than that I see it in store every day. Can't comment on the disc myself because i don't own it.

Old 11-03-05, 02:01 PM

I have this DVD from the prior release. Excellent picture quality although it is a 4x3 picture. It's probably open matte since there are no obvious P&S effects. There is a trailer along with a very well done documentary on the studio that produced this as well as those equally cheesy Chuck Norris flicks from the 70s. For the price I paid ($7.50 at Walmart), this was a good purchase.

I assume you know this really isn't a Charlie Chan picture? It's a parody and should be viewed with that in mind. What makes it worthwhile and fun to watch is the great cast. In addition to those mentioned above, Brian Keith plays a crusty policeman.
Old 11-03-05, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I used to watch this on HBO way back when. I think I even had some kind of photo/ comic book for it. I wish I still had all of those. I had a Grease book with photos & comic bubbles for dialogue. I also had a cool Buckaroo Banzai comic.