DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Does anyone have listing of Walmart kung fu dvds?? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/442924-does-anyone-have-listing-walmart-kung-fu-dvds.html)

Bob Loblaw 10-26-05 02:19 PM

Does anyone have listing of Walmart kung fu dvds??

Howdy dvd fanatics!

Im pretty sure i saw a kung fu endcap full of dvds at a walmart recently. Does anyone have a listing of the titles. I was in a rush so i couldnt check it out, but they looked like 'crash cinema' titles (lots of good 70s chopsocky fun).

neocheddar02 10-26-05 03:32 PM

Wow, haven't seen that yet, and I'm a huge kung-fu collector. The only Kung-Fu movie I ever saw\picked up at Walmart was 'duel to the death.'

It might be one of the funniest, corniest kung-fu movies made recently(the 80's). I definitely would recommend checking it out if you haven't.

Sorry I don't have a list, though.

Bob Loblaw 10-27-05 12:01 PM

'duel to the death' - great pic neocheddar. Tis a classic swordsplay pic and a favorite of mine. Actually that disc is part of a GREAT series of classic hong kong movies being released by fox dvd under the name Fortune Star.
They've released, i think, around 20 discs so far. The movies are alot of 70s and moreso 80s kung fu flicks from the likes of: jackie chan, sammo hung, and some less known martial artists. They are also cheap ($10). Ive found most of them at a local Borders. If interested: goto the action section and look for the picture of the star on the bottom of the dvd spine (look on your copy of duel to the death to see what i mean). You can quickly scan the action titles and pick out the fortune star releases. Almost all of them are great. OOOO also, fox/fortune star just released an Ultimate Bruce Lee 5 disc box set which i highly suggest (search the reviews on this site for a good writeup). Its tons better quality than the previous collections of his movies and aint to expensive.

As for walmart - im not going to get my hopes up that its everywhere. Probably just select ones. im kicking myself that i couldnt spend some time scanning the titles at that walmart.

Mondo Kane 10-27-05 12:09 PM

A copy of Fist of Fear,Touch of Death can always be found at the bottom of the bin.

onabudget 10-27-05 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw
Howdy dvd fanatics!

Im pretty sure i saw a kung fu endcap full of dvds at a walmart recently. Does anyone have a listing of the titles. I was in a rush so i couldnt check it out, but they looked like 'crash cinema' titles (lots of good 70s chopsocky fun).

I saw them too but didn't bother 'cause they seem to be of crappy video quality :grunt:

SINGLE104 10-27-05 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw
Howdy dvd fanatics!

Yes! Walmart. :)