DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   What the...? Theres NO Trancers DVD? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/442860-what-theres-no-trancers-dvd.html)

Ravenous 10-26-05 02:16 AM

What the...? Theres NO Trancers DVD?

I was watching xena the other day (yea go ahead and laugh) and saw an episode with Tim Thomerson. I always thought this guy was great in Harry Crumb and he was great in Xena. I than remember a movie my dad and I had stayed up late to see (back when I was a kid) and I recall liking it. The samething hapened with They Live, my old man and I had seen it real late as a kid and I hadnt seen it till I bought the DVD.

Anyway, I looked this up and theres no DVD available! Whats up with that? I would think its a cult fave like Evil Dead, They Live, all that stuff. Are there plans for a release?

djtoell 10-26-05 02:20 AM

I'm not sure how hard you tried looking for this, but a search a DVDPriceSearch.com indicates a number of etailers have this in stock (e.g., Overstock, Buy.com, DVDEmpire).

And, with much respect to the film and Mr. Thomerson, it isn't even remotely in the same category as films directed by Sam Raimi or John Carpenter in terms of cult following.

DJ

renaldow 10-26-05 07:22 AM

Regardless of the category you want to put it in, they've made 5 sequels to it, I think it's got a fan base. ;)

Lastdaysofrain 10-26-05 07:56 AM

There's been a DVD available for ages. It's just a rip directly from the old laserdisc, but it's out there and it's pretty cheap.

Trancers 6 is also on DVD. I'm pretty sure you can get them all from amazon or www.fullmoondirect.com

movie diva 10-26-05 09:55 AM

Trancers is on DVD because I have it, I also have the Trancers 6 which is a waste of time but it does have the first one on it.

Ravenous 10-27-05 02:45 AM

Ahhhh. I just searched DDDVD and Amazon and saw nothing

So part 6 has part 1 on it as well? Is it a double disc set or double sided? Most importantly, is the DVD anamorphic?

bboisvert 10-27-05 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Ahhhh. I just searched DDDVD and Amazon and saw nothing

:lol: Did you spell it right?

I just did a search on Amazon and it's the first thing that came up.

Anyway, yes... this is dirt cheap just about everywhere (usually around $6). I picked it up when I found it at a Suncoast a couple of years back for $2.99. It's a mediocre quality DVD, but I couldn't pass at that price.

John*D 10-27-05 10:50 AM

I have this on DVD. Full Moon did a piss poor job with the VIDEO quality on this movie.

I figured it for a direct VHS transfer, but as someone previously posted, it's apparently a transfer from the LD version. Get the DVD b/c you like the movie, but don't expect much! Parts 2-3 should at least be released on DVD, if not the entire franchise.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Bob Loblaw 10-27-05 12:11 PM

additional trancers info..

yup ive had the dvd for a while, but its a hellal@me transfer. too bad, its a great classic cheezball fullmoon pics release. (geek trivia: this was helen hunts first movie).

Actually the dude who runs fullmoon pictures (i forget his name) was on a radio show recently and i called in and asked if thomerson is gonna make any more trancer movies. The guy didnt think so in the foreseeable future. He did mention that thomerson will be making another dollman flick, which is cool.

Now if someone will just make another Phantasm movie!!! (off topic, i know, but cult horror sequels are desperately needed).

Lastdaysofrain 10-27-05 12:24 PM

Charles Band is doing a whole "Full Moon Roadshow" at the moment.

Trancers was an Empire movie, which was his studio before Full Moon. They also did "Dolls" "Re-Animator" etc.

BuddyRevell 10-27-05 01:13 PM

Dry hair is for squids

Ravenous 10-27-05 02:22 PM

Well Amazons $10 is a bit much for a piss poor job. Now $3 sounds about right! I'll have to check Suncoast

bboisvert 10-27-05 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Well Amazons $10 is a bit much for a piss poor job. Now $3 sounds about right! I'll have to check Suncoast

Keep in mind that this was probably just a random clearance at my particular location. And it was several years ago.

You may also want to check out any stores near you that carry used discs. I see this title in used bins constantly.