DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Twin Peaks Series Two??? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/442826-twin-peaks-series-two.html)

septum 10-25-05 08:05 PM

Twin Peaks Series Two???

Does anybody have or know when or where I can get this - I have series one abut not series two and I am desperate to see it!

Thanks

zutroy 10-25-05 08:08 PM

I believe it's been pushed to sometime in 2006, according to Dugpa.com.

Oh, and you should add a "?" to your subject line. :)

calhoun07 10-25-05 08:36 PM

I personally believe it's been pushed to sometime in 2036.

ctyankee 10-25-05 09:00 PM

Yes a question mark would be good. That or just change the thread to 'I'm a new member without a clue ... how do I do a search?'

MasterofDVD 10-25-05 09:08 PM

66 views and so few comments about adding a question mark? Either the fans are leaving this thread in anger or they haven't checked the page in the past hour.

spinning plates 10-25-05 09:17 PM

add a question mark. it looks like this ---> ?

@masterofdvd
how's that? <--- look another one!!

Egon's Ghost 10-26-05 03:42 AM

Also, it should be "Twin Peaks SEASON 2"--there was only one SERIES of Twin Peaks

Lastdaysofrain 10-26-05 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Egon's Ghost
Also, it should be "Twin Peaks SEASON 2"--there was only one SERIES of Twin Peaks

This person might be from the UK. A "series" is a season over there. No need to jump all over it.

Shannon Nutt 10-26-05 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Lastdaysofrain
This person might be from the UK. A "series" is a season over there. No need to jump all over it.

On top of that, there was technically only ONE season of TWIN PEAKS anyway (Season 2), since "Season 1" was just a seven-episode mini-series.

I've always thought of the show as a mini-series followed by a series.

Josh Z 10-26-05 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
On top of that, there was technically only ONE season of TWIN PEAKS anyway (Season 2), since "Season 1" was just a seven-episode mini-series.

No, there were 2 distinct seasons. The first was never intended as a mini-series. They would have revealed the killer and not ended on a cliffhanger if it were.

The first season (which is 8 episodes when you include the 2-hour pilot) is so short because the show was a mid-season replacement for ABC. The second season is a regular 22-episode run.

calhoun07 10-26-05 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lastdaysofrain

True that.

Amazon.co.uk Review
One of the most influential TV shows of the 1990s, the first series of Twin Peaks has lost none of its quirky and queasy power to get under your skin and haunt your dreams. Without its groundbreaking mix of convoluted plotting, complex character interactions, surreal fantasy sequences and a continuous story arc, we would probably not have had The X-Files, The Sopranos, Six Feet Under or even The League of Gentlemen. So brew up a pot of some "damn fine coffee", dig into some cherry pie, and lose yourself in David Lynch and Mark Frost's murder mystery-soap opera, which unfolds, in one character's words, "like a beautiful dream and terrible nightmare all at once".

Twin Peaks was a pop culture phenomenon, for this first series at least, until the increasingly bizarre twists and maddening teases so confounded audiences that they lost interest in just who killed Laura Palmer (Sheryl Lee). This series was also a career peak for most of its eclectic ensemble cast, including Kyle MacLachlan as straight-arrow FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper, Michael Ontkean as local Sheriff Harry S Truman, Sherilyn Fenn as bad girl Audrey Horne, Peggy Lipton as waitress Norma Jennings and Catherine Coulson as the Log Lady.

On the DVD: Twin Peak, Series 1 comes as a four-disc set that contains the original pilot plus the first season's seven episodes (inexplicably, the pilot episode was omitted on the American Region 1 DVD release, but is reinstated here). Special features include episode introductions by the Log Lady, commentaries by assorted episode directors (but not Lynch), and features from the archives of the fanzine Wrapped in Plastic. The 4:3 picture has been digitally remastered, and is now accompanied by a Dolby 5.1 soundtrack. --Donald Liebenson

mifuneral 10-26-05 09:26 PM

Not to jump on the OP (since he or she is new and all), but we just had a topic on Twin Peaks s2 the other week. It'd be nice to have a sticky of common topics so we don't see so many repeats like this.

dvdman47 10-26-05 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Z
No, there were 2 distinct seasons. The first was never intended as a mini-series. They would have revealed the killer and not ended on a cliffhanger if it were.

I have never watched this show. I want to really badly, but would rather wait for the second season to come out before I start it as I'd rather not have to wait XX years for the second season. Without spoiling anything, I would just like to know if the second season is the final season of the show and if so, did it just end due to some studio issue or did Lynch actually end the series with a satisfying conclusion (ie: the killer is revealed, etc.).

djtoell 10-26-05 09:39 PM

"Use a question mark" may be the most blatant post count padding tactic since "IBTL". It's like a riddle: how many DVDTalkers does it take to complain about something that's really not that important?

DJ

Joe Molotov 10-26-05 09:44 PM

What's worse: complaining about something that's not important or complaining about people complaining about something that's not important? :lol:

+1

djtoell 10-26-05 09:58 PM

I love it how apparently me typing I_B_T_L lead to that automatic replaced italic text. And this is an unimportant post. ;)

DJ

John Sinnott 10-26-05 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by dvdman47
I have never watched this show. I want to really badly, but would rather wait for the second season to come out before I start it as I'd rather not have to wait XX years for the second season. Without spoiling anything, I would just like to know if the second season is the final season of the show and if so, did it just end due to some studio issue or did Lynch actually end the series with a satisfying conclusion (ie: the killer is revealed, etc.).

The movie and first season are excellent. I viewed it when it originally aired, and I was instantly enthralled.

The killer is revealed in the first episode of the second season. That revelation doesn't wrap everything up though. Lynch let others take over the show soon after that. The second season starts to suck after a few episodes and gets really bad IMHO. Lynch came back for the final episode and wrapped everything up with a series of cliff-hangers.

If you can find the pilot (which isn't included in the 1st season set...not sure if it was officially released in R1, I think you had to import it) and the first season I'd recommend watching it. A unique show.

dvdman47 10-26-05 10:32 PM

What in your opinion is the best order of watching Twin Peaks? I'm assuming in terms of the show itself it'd be pilot, season 1, season 2; but at what point would I watch Fire Walk With Me?

djtoell 10-26-05 10:51 PM

What in your opinion is the best order of watching Twin Peaks? I'm assuming in terms of the show itself it'd be pilot, season 1, season 2; but at what point would I watch Fire Walk With Me?

After all of that. So, you should watch it all in release order: pilot, season 1, season 2, FWWM.

DJ

Josh Z 10-26-05 10:59 PM

There were only 2 seasons, followed by a movie. The solution to the first season's mystery "Who Killed Laura Palmer?" is answered about halfway through the second season. The show flounders for a few episodes after that, but then picks up steam again with some new events at the end. The series was cancelled by the network due to low ratings. The final episode ends on a cliffhanger that is never resolved.

The follow-up movie is a prequel set before the events of the first season. Although it does shed some light on the mysteries of the show, it doesn't provide definitive closure.

Despite the movie being a prequel, you must watch it last. The movie assumes that you already know the identity of Laura's killer, among other things, and doesn't try to hide it.

Originally Posted by videophile
The killer is revealed in the first episode of the second season.

It's actually revealed about half-way through the season.

Egon's Ghost 10-27-05 04:26 AM

OK, OK, I withdraw it (I was just being cheeky). I should know that, as I teach English. I'll make a note of it.

dvdman47 10-27-05 09:04 PM

Thanks for the info. Hopefully I'll be able to watch everything soon (are you hearing this movie execs??????)

JLyon1515 10-28-05 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Egon's Ghost
OK, OK, I withdraw it (I was just being cheeky). I should know that, as I teach English. I'll make a note of it.

I'm a stickler for the English language as well. I was confused why non-american people always said Series as well. So I questioned it and found out that they call a season a series.

Then there is the Australian VHS release that goes up to series 4...now THAT caused some confusions for people in the US because some people would post saying "what is this about series/season 3 and 4!?"

saoirse 12-09-05 06:43 PM

Any news here?

Josh Z 12-09-05 06:50 PM

You better stop holding your breath. You're starting to turn blue.