Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Strange discoloration on the bottom of my Star Wars Trilogy DVDs

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 10-23-05, 06:33 PM

This may have been here before, but I just noticed it last night after I took Return of the Jedi out to watch it.

On the bottom of the disc there is a slight discoloration around the inside part of the disc where the hole in the disc is. At first I thought something had happened to the DVD, but then I checked the others. All four DVDs from the box set had something similar to this on the bottom near the center. Its not on the actual part of the DVD that contains the movie, just near the hole in the center.

I noticed on my other Star Wars DVDs (Ep 1, 2, and Clone Wars) that this area is white on those DVDs.

Is there anything wrong with my Trilogy DVDs? Or is this normal. I haven't had this discs out in awhile, and I can't remember if they have always been like this or not.
Old 10-23-05, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's probably just to glue holding the disc together. If they are playing fine, then there is nothing to worry about, right?
Old 10-23-05, 07:03 PM

I guess. I just found it strange that all four were like this. They play fine however.