DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Cry_Wolf DVD Announcement (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/442127-cry_wolf-dvd-announcement.html)

mbw555 10-19-05 07:21 PM

Cry_Wolf DVD Announcement

Universal Studios Home Video have announced the DVD release of Cry_Wolf for December 20th priced at $29.98 SRP. In Cry Wolf, eight unsuspecting high school seniors playing a game of lies come face-to-face with terror and learn that nobody believes a liar - even when they're telling the truth.

Available in separate Widescreen and Full Frame 'Unrated' editions the film is presented with English DD5.1 Surround audio and optional English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles. Extras are TBC.

demonio 10-19-05 11:09 PM

give it a year......$5.50!

meritocracy 10-20-05 01:48 AM

I found this to be better than what I anticipated, mosty due to Lindy Booth's performance, but certainly not a keeper. Any word on what exactly is meant by 'Unrated' in this instance? Granted, this hasn't any substantial meaning nowadays, but if there's quite a bit added in perhaps I'll pick it up as a rental.

ReduxGuy 10-20-05 02:26 AM

What the hell would they add in?

MAJOR SPOILERS

Spoiler:
Except for the girl at the beginning and JBJ, it's not like anyone really died.

meritocracy 10-20-05 02:47 AM

You're right, in that it will in all likelihood be a minute of utterly meaningless footage. I'd like to be proved wrong, but I seriously doubt it.

Geofferson 10-20-05 08:32 AM

Will probably check it out as a rental.

Giles 10-20-05 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by meritocracy
Any word on what exactly is meant by 'Unrated' in this instance? .

I would speculate that at one point the MPAA found some footage to be R worthy (of course I could be wrong and it might wind up as just expositional footage). I thought the initial trailers made this film to be more gnarly and vile, and it came as a surprise that the film was indeed a PG-13 film.

matome 10-20-05 08:52 AM

I wanted to check this out, but wanted to wait for the R-rated version. Hopefully we'll get some nice tidbits added back.

steebo777 10-20-05 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by ReduxGuy
What the hell would they add in?
Spoiler:
Except for the girl at the beginning and JBJ, it's not like anyone really died.

Spoiler:
But that was the best part... Bon Jovi died!!!

cerial442 10-20-05 11:10 AM

Is this actually a slasher film? The ads made it seem that way, but I'm hearing from others that it isn't.

I avoided it in theaters because, a PG-13 slasher sounds kind of lame. If it wasn't a slasher, the film might have made more money if it was advertised differently.

Julie Walker 10-20-05 11:21 AM

Spoiler:
It's not even a slasher film since it was already explained previously! They studio tried to make it appear like one,and even the director claimed how it was a 'smart slasher'. Well it's not a slasher film in the least. So don't let the previews fool you. On another forum,someone said it was "April Fools Day" for a new generation. If you have seen that film,then you know the 'twist' in this film.

I'm sure this 'unrated' release will be a ripoff with either alot of filler additions(like Ring 2),or a few added lines of dialogue adding up to 1 minute of extra footage.

Either way,no matter how lame the film may be. Universal better not release the PG-13 version in pan & scan only. They and other studios seem to be doing that alot regarding the rated & unrated releases.

Julie Walker 10-20-05 11:47 AM

ok, and you better spoilerize your post as well now:D