DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Breakfast Club - Edited version ever? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/441996-breakfast-club-edited-version-ever.html)

feral125 10-18-05 10:11 PM

Breakfast Club - Edited version ever?

Anyone know if there will be an edited version where they take out the part where Binder and all the guys get high and start jumping around acting goofy. Notice, how when it is cut in Tv and Cable viewings it's not even missed which proves it's better without it.

djtoell 10-18-05 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by feral125
Anyone know if there will be an edited version where they take out the part where Binder and all the guys get high and start jumping around acting goofy. Notice, how when it is cut in Tv and Cable viewings it's not even missed which proves it's better without it.

You have the option of directing a remake of your own without that scene. You can also videotape the TV version sometime. But don't expect your personal preference for a single random aspect of a TV edit to be fulfilled on DVD.

DJ

ianholm 10-18-05 10:21 PM

I think the DVD is already edited as I don't remember this Binder guy at all.

Bareit 10-18-05 10:22 PM

Is this for real? Say no to drugs?

andicus 10-18-05 10:24 PM

You could also hide your eyes until that part is over...

island007 10-18-05 10:27 PM

This must be a gag thread. It just isn't Breakfast Club without the drugs and Clair's fan service.

NitroJMS 10-18-05 10:28 PM

One of my managers at work just asked about this as he wanted to show the film to a youth group he helps out with. Seamless branching versions of movies with different ratings were supposed to originally supposed to come out, but they never seem to have materialized other than director's cuts and such. I could see a market for popular teen films that include early-teen friendly versions.

Cornelius1047 10-18-05 10:55 PM

Or, you could just say, "Drugs are bad, 'mmkay?" and show them why.

Or something.

K

NitroJMS 10-18-05 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Cornelius1047
Or, you could just say, "Drugs are bad, 'mmkay?" and show them why.

Or something.

K

I forgot to add that it's a Christian youth group. They won't allow R no matter the content or meaning behind the story.

BigDan 10-18-05 11:44 PM

But they allow unrated versions?

Sounds like the group needs a ClearPlay player, which would remove the objectionable content. Or rent the CleanFlicks version.

collven 10-19-05 01:18 AM

Even if you cut that scene out, the language in that movie is totally inappropriate for a Christian youth group gathering.

Skoobooz 10-19-05 02:04 AM

In answer to the OP: no. Never.

FinkPish 10-19-05 02:28 AM

If that scene offends you so much, next time try this: http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/4045/ra7uo.gif

Alan Smithee 10-19-05 03:24 AM

I forgot to add that it's a Christian youth group. They won't allow R no matter the content or meaning behind the story.
Not even Passion Of The Christ? ;)

matome 10-19-05 08:54 AM

Notice, how when it is cut in Tv and Cable viewings it's not even missed which proves it's better without it.

How about...no. When I see it cut on TV, I change the channel.

Altimus Prime 10-19-05 02:02 PM

I wouldnt' want to edit this or any movie in any way like this. I wanted Breakfast Club on DVD because I was just sick of seeing it edited on TV. But I have to say, upon reflection, the drug/alcohol scenes in Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles really, really stick out like sore thumbs these days.

MEJHarrison 10-19-05 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by NitroJMS

Sounds like he's out of luck on this one. It's a shame there aren't any other movies out there that a Christian youth group might enjoy. Maybe they can make lanyards instead. :shrug:

Randy Miller III 10-19-05 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by NitroJMS

The Bible is rated R for sex, violence, language and adult themes...or at least it should be.

Mopower 10-19-05 02:14 PM

Sounds like you'd better just stick to those Left Behind movies.

bboisvert 10-19-05 02:16 PM

Universal is actually planning on doing this right after they finish the edited version of Dazed and Confused...

kgrogers1979 10-19-05 02:59 PM

What about the Ernest movies? They have no drugs or sex, and they have no swearing at all as far as I can remember. They are about as "G" rated as you can get.

nightmaster 10-19-05 07:51 PM

You aren't talking about 'editing', you're talking about censoring.