Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

::.. I am starting a DVD shop!! HELP ME!! ::..

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

::.. I am starting a DVD shop!! HELP ME!! ::..

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-05, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
salam
my brother & I were thinking about opening a DVD rental store ourselves. I did the business plan & feasibility study. We have a good location & demopraphics. the main problem was finding a cheap source. As my brother was asking me how much it will cost to have it up & running. for now i put the idea off till i find a dirstributor
BTW I live in Beirut (lebanon thats in Asia)
Old 10-20-05, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

SCOTTALL, can you send me your resume? I'm going to need references...as a jizz mopper for my store, where do you see yourself in five years?
Old 10-20-05, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by toddly6666
HELP!!!! I'm opening up an Adult Video Shop next week! I already payed for a year's rent and I also just got a great deal for a case of mops and buckets from Home Depot. But i'm confused with the levels of adultness - Besides the X-rated videos, should I include R-rated movies? Because when someone turns 17, they become an adult,they can see an R-Rated movie. Therefore, doesn't that make an R-rated film an adult Film? I know that a lot of adults watch Disney films as well. So since adults watch Disney films, does that mean I have to put Disney videos on the shelves of my Adult Video Shop???? Please help, i'm sort of confused....And can some X-Rated movies be only for 21 year olds, but not for 17 year olds?
Tell me about it. My local library has two categories for videos and DVDs: Adult videos and dvds; and Children's videos and dvds. So far I haven't seen a single "adult" video in the Adult videos and dvds section!
Old 10-20-05, 08:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good to see humor on DVD Talk still alive and well!

OP check your countries laws on Parallel Importing and you will see that you cannot legally do what you intend as will be in breach of those laws.

Extremley foolish if you have in fact leased a storefront without doing some basic research on this business.
Old 10-20-05, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

zzz... zzz... zzz...

Guys I too would like to start a DVD business. I have no money, no store, an in college full time so I couldn't be there at all. I think I'll start by renting out my own collection of DVDs and Xbox games to see if I can turn a profit. I think my late fees will be imposed four hours after you rent my shit if you haven't brought it back yet, unless of course it's a lord of the ring extended cut then you've got five hours. I'll totally skip the DVD movie rental cases and give my renters the real case the DVD came in oh and I'm not going to buy rental copies for my store no way I'm going to Amazon and Best Buy damn I'm going to get myself hooked up.

zzz... zzz... zzz... zzz...

Oh wait I just woke up and remembered I'm not a complete fucking retard I guess you're on your own buddy, but if you need DVDs try Best Buy or Amazon hell maybe even your local blockbuster for the used rental for sale rack, oh and there's always NetFlix.
Old 10-20-05, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

TOBEN, you have a very good library - my library only stocks American movies and a couple German movies on DVD.

When I open up this Adult video store, i'm also thinking of donating all my beastiality and necrophilia DVDs to the store. But do you think that the customers will now that they are used? I want my customers to have the best DVD quality possible. I'm torn between getting used or brand new dvds for the store...I haven't found any beastiality/necrophilia DVDs priced at wholesale, so I may have spend the extra cash for these movies so that my customers get the best...I don't want to be like Blockbuster, renting out scratched DVDs...

Can anyone recommend a good carpenter for carving out the glory holes in the masterbatorium booths? I want a well sanded and a good finish around the edges. I don't want a half-assed job, because I hate when I get splinters that way...
Old 10-20-05, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Morf

Hey, I'm opening up an Vietnamese restaurant next week. Can someone teach me how to make Vietnamese food? Or where I can buy a really good set of knives?
First of all, you have to develop a good relationship with the local humane society, which will give you steady access to dogs.
Old 10-20-05, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by toddly6666
TOBEN, you have a very good library - my library only stocks American movies and a couple German movies on DVD.

When I open up this Adult video store, i'm also thinking of donating all my beastiality and necrophilia DVDs to the store. But do you think that the customers will now that they are used? I want my customers to have the best DVD quality possible. I'm torn between getting used or brand new dvds for the store...I haven't found any beastiality/necrophilia DVDs priced at wholesale, so I may have spend the extra cash for these movies so that my customers get the best...I don't want to be like Blockbuster, renting out scratched DVDs...

Can anyone recommend a good carpenter for carving out the glory holes in the masterbatorium booths? I want a well sanded and a good finish around the edges. I don't want a half-assed job, because I hate when I get splinters that way...
I thought you were joking about opening up an Adult video store at first, but now I'm not so sure, because you seem to have put a lot of thought into this
Old 10-20-05, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thread is starting to get crazy now!!! I love it.
Old 10-20-05, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

TOBEN, who said anyone was kidding? Im talking serious business here...so does anyone have any advise about the carving of the glory hole? I need a trustworthy carptenter - with splinters and a rough finish, it's gonna be a gory hole instead of a glory hole and that wouldn't be good for business...

how about wipeable glass over the tv? I need something that wipes cleanly off without leaving stains? Can anyone recommend a good place to buy window protection covering tv screen?

I only have a couple days till my store opens, so the sooner, the better...
Old 10-20-05, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I should probably move this to other, but ..I think it's time to say goodbye to this one...