DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Man who shot Liberty Valance DVD question (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/441975-man-who-shot-liberty-valance-dvd-question.html)

JOE29 10-18-05 05:30 PM

Man who shot Liberty Valance DVD question

I just received this DVD today from Amazon but it's not the new version with the white cover with the red bar at the top saying John Wayne on it. It's the other one with a dark brown or black cover with a kind of mustard colored bar saying widescreen on it. All the specs seem to be the same so do you think I should try to replace it or just stay with the copy I have and not put up a fuss about it? Is it the same DVD with just a diffrent cover?

ernestrp 10-18-05 05:51 PM

I'am pretty sure its the same. I like the old cover more.

ken_572002 10-18-05 06:34 PM

It's the same one...no need to replace it (unless, of course, you really want the new cover).

gcbma 10-18-05 07:35 PM

I have the original cover and like it better than the new one, too.

JOE29 10-19-05 01:51 PM

I will just keep it, I do like the newer cover though but I don't think it's worth going through all that just to exchange covers. Thanks for helping me out guy's.

leacha 10-20-05 10:25 AM

I purchased the Omen collection and TMWSLV. I wanted the new cover to match all of my other JW movies. Since I received the old one and I ordered the new one I sent it back saying they sent me the wrong one. They refunded my CC and told me to order it again if I wish. Well that was a no brainer since they credited my CC for the cost of TMWSLV that means I received free shipping on the Omen.

So on Sunday I ordered the deluxe batman and TMWSLV. If they screw up, I return the DVD and get free shipping on Batman. And then the game will go on until I get the right version.

JOE29 10-20-05 05:00 PM

I broke my copy of TMWSLV open last night and watched it. It was very good, so i'm happy with the one that I have now, although I like the other cover better and that's the one I did order but i'm happy with the one I have so no need for me to make a fuss.

Ky-Fi 10-20-05 05:24 PM

Best.....movie......ever......

B5Erik 10-20-05 09:00 PM

....almost

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance IS a great movie, and is one of John Ford's best.

Falc04 10-21-05 06:09 AM

I know this will sound sacrilegious, but I really wish Ford had filmed this on an outdoor location, using color stock. I love the acting, the story, and the direction...however, it has the look and feel of a 1960s western TV episode. If he would have given this the VistaVision treatment, I think it would have been right up there with The Searchers.

leacha 10-28-05 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by leacha
I purchased the Omen collection and TMWSLV. I wanted the new cover to match all of my other JW movies. Since I received the old one and I ordered the new one I sent it back saying they sent me the wrong one. They refunded my CC and told me to order it again if I wish. Well that was a no brainer since they credited my CC for the cost of TMWSLV that means I received free shipping on the Omen.

So on Sunday I ordered the deluxe batman and TMWSLV. If they screw up, I return the DVD and get free shipping on Batman. And then the game will go on until I get the right version.

I recieved my order today and they shipped the new cover DVD. FYI for those interested.