DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by grassmonk
Elektra is also Fox/Marvel.

D'oh!
There goes my theory!
Old 11-13-05, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here is what they describe on BestBuy.com:

Best Buy is the only place you can buy the jam-packed Fantastic Four Gift Set! Get the feature film, tons of special features and extras that are worthy of superhero status:
* 44 Years of Fantastic Four DVD-ROM (50 Fantastic Four comic books!)
* Reprint of a Fantastic Four comic book
* Set of 5 round collectible cards
* Fantastic Four logo sticker
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....cat75100050009

And this is from superherohype.com. Don't know how reliable it is tho.

http://www.superherohype.com/forums...09&page=1&pp=20

Also i found out what the 4-disc set called the ultimate collector's disc set for fantastic four is. It will be available here in Canadian best buy stores as well as US. I asked the person in charge of the DVD section and he said that the 4-disc set will be availble only at best buy (exculsively for best buy).

According to him the movie (Disc 1) will be longer atleast 152 minutes i.e. approx. 40 minutes longer than the theatrical version.

Disc 2 will contain the same special features etc. like the region 2 DVD. Approx. 100 minutes of stuff in first disc.

Disc 3 will contain 4 short animated cartoons from wich ideas were taken to make some scenes in the movie(each 30 minutes long) approx. 120 minutes of stuff in third disc.

Finally the fourth disc will contain the fantastic four soundtrack (music videos) as well as the four songs which were not in the soundrack but were specially made for the video game like "error operator", "clobberin tme" etc.

Last edited by The Valeyard; 11-13-05 at 11:56 PM.
Old 11-14-05, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yea, I saw that too. I think that superherohype thing is crap though. If Best Buy had an exclusive cut, they would have mentioned it. What's in BB's set is what they mentioned on their site.
Old 11-14-05, 12:14 AM

Wow. If that superherohype info is correct, Valeyard, then that's a huge exclusive (and a big coup for us FF-lovin' folk)!

Still, I'm not sold that it's legit. Rumors of an extended cut have been floating around, but to offer an entirely different cut of a film and pressing of a disc would be well beyond previous exclusives and cheaply-made lithographs.

Just like with the recent Office Space promotion, BB is being vague. If they would just officially list what's included in the set's discs, we might be able to make an informed decision. It's still almost a month away, though, so I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Old 11-14-05, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

agreed...some fanboy just posted a wish list as fact
Old 11-14-05, 01:37 AM

If that's true then I'm getting the 4-disc set from BB and the WS DVD w/ bonus disc from WALMART!

Either way, I'm sure we get something more definitive in the next 3 weeks (at least we'll know for sure on Dec. 6th).
Old 11-14-05, 02:08 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Bestbuy's exclusive giftset sounds cool, but they want $34.99 for it though
Old 11-14-05, 05:14 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

considering it's fox, do you thing they will release another special edition down the line., i need to decide if i should pick this up or wait like all previous fox's special editions.
Old 11-14-05, 08:06 AM

I'm sure FOX will release a DC for all retailers to sell, but if this BestBuy set is already going to be offering a DC in this 4 disc release, then why wait? I'm sure they'll include F4 II stuff with an eventual double dip, but if this bestbuy stuff is true, I'm going to get it regardless.

$35 is NOT much considering you are getting 4 discs, supposively the DC, the soundtrack, and a bunch of exclusive (for the time being) extras. Buy or don't buy, your choice.
Old 11-14-05, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by John*D
$35 is NOT much considering you are getting 4 discs, supposively the DC, the soundtrack, and a bunch of exclusive (for the time being) extras. Buy or don't buy, your choice.
But that's not what your getting. That was just some guy posting some bs. If that was real, Best Buy would have mentioned it on their site. Why miss the opportunity to tout such amazing exclusives. Instead they only mention something like stickers, trading cards and 50 dvd-rom comic books. I hope I'm wrong and that guy was right, but it seems very unlikley at this point.

Last edited by Eric D.; 11-14-05 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-14-05, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Novasonic
I'm usually a little disappointed if we don't get a 2 disc from the get go, but if it has DTS, it makes up for it with me. By the way, is this a good blind buy if I like most of the other comic book movies?

its pretty good, its a fun light movie, I really liked it.
Old 11-15-05, 01:31 AM

Thanks. Yeah, I'm planning to pick it up as I never got around to seeing it in theaters.
Old 11-15-05, 03:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I hope that list is true, but it sounds doubtful. To get the 2 disc right away would be very nice, but you KNOW there is a double dip in the wings for this title. If BB does have worthwhile content on their set, I'll get that and the Wally 2PK and give the extra movie disc to someone for x-mas.

FF was decent. Not gritty like Sin City or Batman, but not campy either. I would say it is better than the Hulk and Elektra, but not in that A-level tier with Spidey.
Old 11-24-05, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Best Buy.com has changed it's product info to read:

Fantastic Four Box Set Exclusive : Box - DVD

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....uct&id=1500717

Tho it still reads 4 Disc at the top of the page, the product info has deleted an reference to "4 Disc."

Think someone made a mistake while typing Fantastic 4 and made the gift set 4 discs by accident (and causing all this hype)?
Old 11-24-05, 06:09 PM

FF was in my gold box at amazon, so with that, the free amazon prime trial, and the 1.57% a9 discount it ended up $15.18 including 2 day shipping.
Old 11-26-05, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Best Buy is the only place you can buy the jam-packed Fantastic Four Gift Set! Get the feature film, tons of special features and extras that are worthy of superhero status:

A CD-ROM featuring the first 23 issues of Fantastic Four, plus the annual issue of Ultimate Fantastic Four
Reprint of Ultimate Fantastic Four, issue 12
Set of 8 round collectible cards
Packaged in a round metal tin and includes a display stand

Available while supplies last.

Old 11-26-05, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This looks really cool, but the 34.99 is a little much. I'll probably grab it anyway. I'm a big FF fan. The comic companies need to release alot more comics on CD or DVD, and they should start by giving them away with movies to get people into it. I have been downloading old comics for about a year, tons of old stuff I could never find or afford. I would have gladly paid for them if they made them available. For anyone who has never read a comic on your computer check it out.
Old 11-26-05, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So much for that 4 Disc set.....and the DVD-Rom they originally announced.

Ah well, Wal-Mart bonus disc for me.
Old 12-02-05, 11:32 AM

According to Mr Cinema's early ad thread for TARGET...

Fantastic 4 w/ FREE Exclusive Bonus Behind the Scenes DVD

Aye Carumba
Old 12-02-05, 12:42 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Yes, and as I noted in the same thread, this shit's getting old...
Old 12-03-05, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by shacmasta

A CD-ROM featuring the first 23 issues of Fantastic Four, plus the annual issue of Ultimate Fantastic Four
Reprint of Ultimate Fantastic Four, issue 12
Set of 8 round collectible cards
Packaged in a round metal tin and includes a display stand

Available while supplies last.

This set will be offered in Best Buy and Future Shop stores in Canada for $35.99 Canadian.
Old 12-21-05, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Just a heads-up... and, as always, YMMV.... but I saw at Wal*Mart they have the movie/bonus disc set priced the same as the single disc: $13.96. I had to dig a little but found a widescreen copy.