Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Adventures of Superman Season 2 / Lois & ClarK Season 2 >>> 1/17/06

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Adventures of Superman Season 2 / Lois & ClarK Season 2 >>> 1/17/06

Old 10-17-05, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Adventures of Superman Season 2 / Lois & Clark Season 2 >>> 1/17/06

Adventures of Superman Season 2
Out in January with Lois & Clark S. 2

October 14, 2005

On the eve of the release of the first season of the classic Adventures of Superman TV series Warner Bros. Home Video has announced that Season 2 of the 1950s series will be out on January 17, the same date announced for the release of the second season of Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. The 5-disc Adventures of Superman Season 2 set contains all 26 episodes from the series second season and features George Reeves and Noel Neill, who joined the series in year two and became the definitive Lois Lane of the 1950s. The Adventures of Superman Season 2 has a suggested retail price of $39.95.

It wasn't necessarily by accident that Lois Lane got first billing in the 1990s TV series Lois & Clark, which focused on the "triangular" relationship between Lois, Clark Kent, and Superman and managed to attract lots of female viewers. Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman Season 2 is a 6-DVD box set with a number of extras including commentary on the "Season's Greetings" episode by Dean Cain, a "Secrets of Season 2" documentary, and a feature on "Marketing Metropolis: The Fans of Lois & Clark." Season 2 of Lois & Clark is presented in full color and stereo and has an MSRP of $59.95.

With Bryan Singer's new Superman film slated for next summer and the popularity of Teri Hatcher (Lois Lane in Lois & Clark) thanks to her stint on Desperate Housewives, these sophomore releases for the Adventures of Superman and Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman should benefit respectively from the property's and Ms. Hatcher's increased visibility.

Last edited by speedy1961; 10-17-05 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-17-05, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

from the original adventures of superman thread

tv superman? (with George Reeves - coming 10.18.05)

Originally Posted by Cameron
any review up for this one yet...good news

from dvd answers

Title: The Adventures of Superman
Starring: George Reeves
Released: 17th January 2006
SRP: $39.98

Further Details
Warner has officially announced the complete first season of 1950's television show, The Adventures of Superman, which stars George Reeves. The five-disc set will be available to own from the 17th January, and should set you back around $39.98 in total. Each of the shows twenty-six episodes will be presented in 1.33:1 full frame, along with English Mono tracks. I'm afraid we have no word on extra material for this one, but we'll let you know if we hear anything. For now though, here's our first look at the artwork:

Old 10-17-05, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Sorry Cameron... this info was just sent to my e-mail in box this morning and I did a search on Superman.

At least you got the picture up.
Old 10-17-05, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

no problem...i think it needs its own thread, the series one thread didn't go over so well, so i figured i would just post it over threre...but since you took the time...

also good to see so many superman releases coming.

Didn't he do two movies? The molemen and ?
Old 11-04-05, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Lois and Clark s2 @ tvshowsondvd.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4415