DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Cinderella & The Fly Covers? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/440289-cinderella-fly-covers.html)

Stamina 10-04-05 06:21 AM

Cinderella & The Fly Covers?

Picked up a copy of The Fly S.E. and the outer cleeve is flat balck & the actual DVD cover is White with Green lettering. Also picked up Cinderella Platinum 2 Disc and it didn't come with an outer sleeve at all. Anyone else picked these up yet? Just wanted to know before I opened them up.

TheVelvetRope 10-04-05 06:34 AM

"Cinderella" comes with the usual Platinum Edition cardboard sleeve that opens at the front. I thought "The Fly" was kinda cool (and yes, the outer black/inner white is how it's supposed to be), at least it uses a slightly different image on the insert, instead of the exact same thing.

Cameron 10-04-05 08:45 AM

yep, you got screwed on the slipcover

Snowmaker 10-04-05 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by TheVelvetRope
"Cinderella" comes with the usual Platinum Edition cardboard sleeve that opens at the front.

Velcro or booger?

Snowmaker 10-04-05 11:16 AM

Circuit City was 50/50 with the slipcovers. All the ones with were velcro.

dago2727 10-04-05 01:27 PM

Velcro at Best Buy

Father Karras 10-04-05 02:13 PM

Velcro at Wal-Mart.

Walter Neff 10-04-05 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Velcro or booger?

There's a question you don't hear asked very often.

Drexl 10-04-05 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Velcro or booger?

Mine was booger, but my fairy godmother changed it to velcro until midnight.

The Monkees 10-04-05 05:08 PM

All the ones at Best Buy have the slipsleeve, I'd be pissed off if I didn't get mine, all the others (except for Snow White) have a slipsleeve

Altimus Prime 10-04-05 07:07 PM

Most of the slipcovers I've seen on The Fly have been messed up to varying degrees. Banged up, ripped, etc. Most notably ripped around the cutout on the back for the UPC code.

At least there was an easily removable piece of plastic under the price sticker. The price sticker on mine extended a bit above it and onto the case, but fortunately it came off without damaging it.

As for the "2 disc set packed with chilling new extras" sticker, I'm leaving that on.

TomOpus 10-04-05 09:52 PM

It took a couple looks to find a slipcover in perfect condition. Most weren't in real bad shape but I wanted mine to start life in good shape :)

ReduxGuy 10-04-05 11:23 PM

Can anyone post an image of the Fly DVD (front and back) without the slipcase?

Altimus Prime 10-04-05 11:29 PM

I would've liked to find one in better shape. All the ones I saw at WalMart were horrid, probably because they were shoved into those vice-like displays in the aisle.

As for Best Buy, two stores I went to didn't even had it. A third had... three, IIRC. So at that point, I was just happy to find it.

critterdvd 10-05-05 01:58 AM

ya both of these have pretty cool slip covers

ReduxGuy 10-10-05 02:33 PM

Anyone at all?

Drop 10-10-05 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
Most of the slipcovers I've seen on The Fly have been messed up to varying degrees. Banged up, ripped, etc. Most notably ripped around the cutout on the back for the UPC code.

Yea, when I went to Best Buy I only saw The Fly II on the rack, and the 2 cases were pretty bad, mostly the UPC area, one had the top portion completely ripped off, and the other had it barely hanging there. Both were pretty frazzled otherwise. I asked an employee if they had any of The Fly in the back and he brought out a pretty pristine version. I really should have asked him for another Fly II, also.

Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
As for the "2 disc set packed with chilling new extras" sticker, I'm leaving that on.

Because it looks pretty cool, right? It came off no problem on mine, if that is your worry. I kind of regret taking it off.