DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Wedding Crashers -1/03/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/438531-wedding-crashers-1-03-06-a.html)

gerrythedon 09-19-05 03:05 PM

Wedding Crashers -1/03/06

from DAVISDVD:

Wedding Crashers

Hide the bridesmaids! The smash hit comedy Wedding Crashers hits DVD on January 3, 2006 from New Line Home Entertainment. Available in separate R-rated and longer and wilder "Uncorked" editions. The film will be presented in 2.40:1 anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1 and Stereo Surround tracks. Bonus materials will include a feature-length commentary from stars Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn, a second track with director David Dobkin, deleted scenes, "A Crash Course in Wedding Crashing" and "Event Planning," featurettes, a "Wedding Crashing" game, The Sights' "Circus" music video, a soundtrack promo and teasers & trailers. The nine-minute longer "Uncorked" Edition also will include the infamous "99 Red Balloons" scene and test audience reaction to specific scenes. Retail will be $28.98. Also look for an "Uncorked" UMD.

Artwork:
http://www.davisdvd.com/images/cover...ngcrashers.jpg

Big Worms 09-19-05 03:06 PM

I havent' seen it, but I am looking forward to. Thanks for the info.

LorenzoL 09-19-05 03:08 PM

So I'm guessing that the unrated "Uncorked" edition will have more T&A.

:up:

gerrythedon 09-19-05 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Big Worms
I havent' seen it, but I am looking forward to.

saw it 2 times in the theater... Liked it alot, but wasn't sure if I would get it on DVD [unless it was packed with extras]. I was hoping for a good making of documentary, but the commentary with Vince & Owen might sway me to get it.

PopcornTreeCt 09-19-05 04:20 PM

That stinks I have to wait till January. The 40 Year Old Virgin came out after this and is coming out on DVD earlier.

Maxflier 09-19-05 04:32 PM

Can't wait to pick up the "Uncorked" edition. This movie is hilarious.

Stu 17 09-19-05 05:22 PM

99 red balloons?

9 extra minutes?

an unrated version of a movie starring vince vaughn? why am i not surprised.

Geofferson 09-19-05 05:24 PM

I bet that'll be a fun commentary to listen to. :up:

Peep 09-19-05 06:28 PM

Stupid not to make this available for Christmas.

steebo777 09-20-05 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Peep

Actually it isn't since post-Christmas gift card buying is a perfect time to release a DVD. I know I use a bunch of GCs to purchase some.

Great flick BTW, can't wait to get it!

Willh51 09-20-05 10:24 AM

Why can't all studios be like New Line and release good, quality dvds the first time around? Wedding Crashers was awesome and I can't wait for this dvd.

DeanoBKN 09-20-05 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Willh51
Why can't all studios be like New Line and release good, quality dvds the first time around? Wedding Crashers was awesome and I can't wait for this dvd.

Because they know suckers (like me) will double or triple dip.

JimRochester 09-20-05 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Peep

I agree. For those of us that are tough to buy for, I always make sure I have a nice list of DVD's. Now I'll have to buy it myself.

johnbook 09-21-05 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
saw it 2 times in the theater... Liked it alot, but wasn't sure if I would get it on DVD [unless it was packed with extras]. I was hoping for a good making of documentary, but the commentary with Vince & Owen might sway me to get it.

Wait you saw it twice at the movies, you liked it alot, but you would only buy it with packed extras, isn't it about the movie, i would buy this movie if it came out on disc with no extras it's that damn good & funny, don't get me wrong i love the extra stuff as much as the next guy, but this is one of those movies i'm just glad that i will own it no matter what, can't wait...

gerrythedon 09-22-05 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by johnbook
Wait you saw it twice at the movies, you liked it alot, but you would only buy it with packed extras, isn't it about the movie, i would buy this movie if it came out on disc with no extras it's that damn good & funny, don't get me wrong i love the extra stuff as much as the next guy, but this is one of those movies i'm just glad that i will own it no matter what, can't wait...

Well the second time I went with my Aunt [she wanted me to tag along], since she was paying and the movie didn't suck, I didn't mine seeing it again.

I'm the type of person that loves extras on DVD's, if a DVD is Barebones then I can always wait for either a price drop or the eventual 2nd version.

O.K. I promise if FRYS has this for $13.99 then I'll get it. :)

redrum 09-22-05 09:48 PM

i'd get this just for the Ferrell cameo.

rexinnih 09-23-05 07:07 PM

A Guide to Wedding Crashing. May be worth it for this alone.

CPA-ESQ. 01-04-06 10:38 AM

Anyone know what the difference between the Uncorked and Theatrical release is?

Mr. Cinema 01-04-06 10:50 AM

No one should buy the theatrical dvd version since both versions are on the Uncorked edition. Aside from greed, what is the point from the studio's perspective to releasing them this way?

Mopower 01-04-06 11:01 AM

I got it at Wal-Mart and it came with a CD with music from the movie. Mostly crappy music but the movie is great.

marcellusk 01-04-06 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mopower
I got it at Wal-Mart and it came with a CD with music from the movie. Mostly crappy music but the movie is great.

ditto

Liquid Death 01-04-06 04:25 PM

Uncorked claims 8 1/2 extra minutes...some of the new material was easy to spot (didn't seem like any extra nudity, but there might have been in the montage), though I wouldn't say it added much to the movie. Surprised to see four (?) versions of this on DVD, but the WS Uncorked is the way to go, since it has both R and UR versions on the same disc.

Mok 01-04-06 07:43 PM

I got screwed and and my girlfriend picked it up for me at lunch and she got the unrated version. I really don't feel like another trek out to Walmart since it is out of the way, I guess I will stick with it.

Gizmo 01-04-06 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mok
I got screwed and and my girlfriend picked it up for me at lunch

So you for screwed AND got the movie? Awesome girlfriend!

Graystone 01-04-06 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Willh51

I agree this is what all dvd should be like on release. If all dvd's were like this on release my collection would be in the thousands. However I seem to spend most of my time waiting for unrated and collectors editions that come out a year after release.