DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Skeleton Key - 11/15/05

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-05, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
The Skeleton Key - 11/15/05

The Skeleton Key

As expected, Universal Studios Home Entertainment will release the Kate Hudson-starring supernatural thriller The Skeleton Key on November 15th. When Caroline takes a job in Louisiana's bayous, she unlocks a deadly secret involving magic, conjure and sacrifice that pulls her into a terrifying world of frightening and unexplained incidents. The key to escaping may lie in a decrepit attic, but if she dares to believe in what she discovers, everything she fears will become real! Alrighty then. Look for the film to be available in separate 2.35:1 anamorphic and fullscreen editions, each with Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. Extras will be announced shortly. Retail is $29.98.

DAVISDVD.com
Old 09-15-05, 07:26 AM
JAA
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I really enjoyed this film so I will definitely be picking this one up. Strange, that those New Orleans atmospheric settings had much to do with my enjoyment. I wonder what (if any) reaction I might have to viewing it now in these post-Katrina times.
Old 09-15-05, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Digital Bits is reporting an additional 20 minutes of scenes added to the film so that could make picking it up more interesting.

Speaking of the setting of this film, when I saw it in the theater my first thought when Kate's character approached the house the first time was that they used the same location as Forest Gump. The long road with trees on each side could be a common sight but then the house also looked the same although more run down. When I get this I'll need to compare them to see if they are the same.
Old 09-15-05, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I'll be picking this one up. I deliberately skipped it in the theatre so I could buy the DVD. Hear that Hollywood? I'm still spending money on you.
Old 09-15-05, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chipmac
Digital Bits is reporting an additional 20 minutes of scenes added to the film so that could make picking it up more interesting.
That is good news. I will be getting it anyway, but this makes it even sweeter.