Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

"The Honeymooners" (2005) DVD - full screen only

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-05, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"The Honeymooners" (2005) DVD - full screen only

Paramount Home Entertainment will release the ill-fated big-screen remake of The Honeymooners on November 22nd. The film will be available with a fullscreen transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1, an audio commentary with stars Cedric the Entertainer, Mike Epps and director John Schultz, six deleted and alternate scenes, a making-of featurette and the theatrical trailer. It should be noted that DVD will feature a newly edited PG-rated version approximately one minute shorter than the PG-13-rated theatrical cut. Retail will be $29.99.
I've never seen it and I know it was a major flop but full screen only? I won't even bother renting it if that's true.
Old 09-05-05, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, so not only are they only releasing it full-screen only, but only an edited PG version? I didn't see it, or plan on it, but that is pretty lame.
Old 09-05-05, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have a feeling most people wouldn't bother renting it regardless...

K
Old 09-05-05, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well it doesn't really matter, considering the movie never should've been made in the first place.
Old 09-05-05, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I never even knew this had officially come out at the theater. How does stuff like this, Alone in the Dark and House Of The Dead slip by me?
Old 09-05-05, 08:21 PM
Banned

Wow, so not only are they only releasing it full-screen only, but only an edited PG version?
I supposed that executives actually believe that what made this movie a flop was its rating instead of the fact that it has to be one of the most worthless pieces of crap released on cinema. Besides the fact that this film pisses on everything that the TV series was, the plot has to be one of the stupidiest ever. The fullscreen and PG rating release of the DVD says a lot about the target market that the studio went for in this movie.
Old 09-05-05, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
If the movie was as bad as indicated by critical and audience reaction .... can't you just imagine how intolerable those deleted scenes must be? C'mon .... the stuff that wasn't good enough to be in this movie ...
Old 09-05-05, 08:23 PM
Banned

Looks like the could very well be the 1st time that the dvd that the pirates were selling on the street for $5 will be the one the collector's will want instead of the studio release.
Old 09-05-05, 08:37 PM

I don't read the announcement as fullscreen only only, although it could mean this. I believe it means that there will be a fullscreen release in addition to a widescreen one - it was just phrased badly.
Old 09-05-05, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
I will be passing this one by, there's only one true Honeymooners anyway, I have no intrest at all in this.
Old 09-05-05, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I wonder if the person planning on buying this will be mad..
Old 09-05-05, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
If this is true then yes,i'm mad.
Old 09-05-05, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Fullscreen and edited for a PG rating. This movie screams "BUY ME WAL-MART SHOPPER!!!"

Regardless, IF it is truly a Fullscreen only release, this can not stand. Every movie, regardless of how shitty it is, deserves to be seen in it's original aspect ratio. No exceptions!
Old 09-06-05, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rogue588
No, Cedric's mom hates those black bars.
Old 09-06-05, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
No, Cedric's mom hates those black bars.
It's too bad she didn't see it in the theaters... you know... since nobody did.
Old 09-06-05, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas
Fullscreen and edited for a PG rating. This movie screams "BUY ME WAL-MART SHOPPER!!!"
What part of this movie didn't scream $5.50 bin at Wal-Mart?

I understand that every movie (somehow) has an audience on DVD...but making it PG and (supposedly) Fullscreen only shows they have even less faith in this movie on DVD.
Old 09-06-05, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas

Regardless, IF it is truly a Fullscreen only release, this can not stand. Every movie, regardless of how shitty it is, deserves to be seen in it's original aspect ratio. No exceptions!
True, but let's all concentrate on Sony and their inept foolscreen attitude, as I'd rather see us use our creative energy towards movies that the general public wount care about, like the older releases.

cant you just see this could be a new marketing ploy? You know release this version first, then make you double dip by releasing a new widescreen HONEYMOONERS UNCUT UNCENSORED THE VERSION YOUR MAMA DIDNT WANT YOU TO SEE edition? wouldnt surprise me.
Old 09-06-05, 03:08 AM

It's not that the movie is being released on FS DVD that bothers me, it's that it's being released on DVD *at all* that's the true problem. Terrible waste of the natural resources required to manufacture the disc, inserts, etc...
Old 09-06-05, 04:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by theguyoverthere
inserts, etc...
Inserts, nah, they probably wount even bother with that!
Old 09-06-05, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

From dvdanswers.com
Paramount Home Entertainment has artwork for the full screen release of The Honeymooners which stars Cedric the Entertainer, Mike Epps, Gabrielle Union and Regina Hall. The film will be available to own in seperate widescreen and full screen releases from the 22nd November this year, with each setting you back around $19.99 or thereabouts. I'm afraid we have no further details on this one at the moment, but we'll bring you the full spec rundown shortly. For now though, here's our first look at the full screen artwork. The widescreen artwork should be identical, but hasn't yet been made available.
Old 09-06-05, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So the widescreen will be uncut?
Old 09-06-05, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, I was originally planning to rent it sometime. Not anymore.
Old 09-06-05, 05:55 PM

There is absolutley NO MENTION yet of a widescreen edition, or a PG-13 rated cut, from Parmount.

The only information the studio has released to press and retail is of the fullscreen PG-rated edition.
Old 10-07-05, 12:35 PM

I have absolutely no interest in this movie at all, but I thought this might be of interest to some:

http://www.videobusiness.com/article/CA6264738.html

Note that they even edited one of the outtakes to make it more family friendly! ...
Revising Cedric’s line in outtakes during end credits: “I look like somebody’s cracked teeth” to “I look like somebody’s rubber duckie.”
First of all, I don't even know what's so un-family-friendly about the line “I look like somebody’s cracked teeth”, and secondly the replacement line doesn't make a lick of sense. But editing outtakes, if that line was part of the outtake and not some commentary laid down over it for the credits.. doesn't that ruin the whole concept of an outtake? Silly Paramount
Old 10-07-05, 05:45 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by flashburn
Wow, so not only are they only releasing it full-screen only, but only an edited PG version? I didn't see it, or plan on it, but that is pretty lame.
Agreed. I have zero interest in this title, but that is really a low-blow, especially coming from Paramount.

EDIT: Okay, so I guess I didn't read the whole thread and there WILL be a widescreen release. But there's still no excuse for editing it down to a PG rating!

Last edited by RyanPC; 10-07-05 at 05:53 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.