Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Disney sequels are coming. Lots of them.

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Disney sequels are coming. Lots of them.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-05, 06:45 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While he did create characters that appeared in different cartoons, Walt Disney, in general did not believe in sequels.

My guess is that he probably would not have been impressed with the sequels to the classic animated movies.
Old 10-10-05, 05:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dvd answers has early art for bambi II....and so on.

dvdanswers

The new cinderella dvd has a preview for cinderella III....It was the worst idea for a story yet...i wanted to puke
Old 10-10-05, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cameron
The new cinderella dvd has a preview for cinderella III....It was the worst idea for a story yet...i wanted to puke
Do share!
Old 10-10-05, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

well basically they show you clips from the original movie....the announcer says something to the effect of what if the slipper never fit. It then goes into rewind mode and the music grows a bit darker. Cinderella 3 logo pops up. No happily ever after.
Old 10-10-05, 01:03 PM
Cool New Member

Ew, that sucks. I wish Disney would halt these crummy sequels. I don't mind so much that they want to do followups to their own, recent creations (Lion King, Aladdin, Lilo and Stitch etc) - but going back to the classics is just hideous. It's like someone doing a sequel to Citizen Kane or something.

Bambi 2 is just far too vile to even think about.
Old 10-13-05, 06:11 PM

The only thing new Disney should be putting out on DVD is a 2-disc SE for The Rocketeer, and then a theatrical sequel to said film.

Until then, Disney ain't worth a damn.
Old 10-13-05, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Most of these are sucky, but Kronks new groove is pretty cool. (He's the one that taught me how to sing my own theme song.)
Old 10-13-05, 10:57 PM
Banned

Soon disney is going to release Snow White and the Seven Dwarf 2: Electric Boogaloo or Song of the South 2 1/2: Uncle Remus Goes Gangsta to just squeeze the live of their classics.
Old 10-14-05, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Cameron
well basically they show you clips from the original movie....the announcer says something to the effect of what if the slipper never fit. It then goes into rewind mode and the music grows a bit darker. Cinderella 3 logo pops up. No happily ever after.

Ooooo. Time Traveling Cinderella.

I wonder if they can get that carriage up to 88mph?
Old 01-22-06, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

from ultimate disney

January 21, 2006 - Following lower than expected sales numbers on the last few direct-to-video sequels from DisneyToon Studios, Buena Vista Home Entertainment is trying something different for Bambi II, the forthcoming "midquel" which looks at Bambi's coming-of-age under the guidance of his father, the Great Prince of the Forest. Employing a long-unused "hit and run" approach, Disney will indefinitely discontinue production of Bambi II DVDs and videos just 70 days after its February 7th release. The moratorium, said to mark the 70th anniversary of "Walt Disney's inception" of the original Bambi, means that stores won't be getting any new copies of this film after Easter Tuesday (April 18). You can check out the studio's revised press release here, which notes this "unprecedented" tactic as well as elaborating on the disc's five confirmed bonus features and pointing out that a DTS soundtrack has been added.
Old 01-23-06, 09:18 AM

If Disney's going to do lots of sequels and follow-ups, how about another Fantasia. I liked Fantasia 2000, although not as much as the original. Now that Roy's back, maybe there will eventually be another Fantasia flick. (My understanding is that he was a prime mover in getting Fantasia 2000 made.)
Old 01-24-06, 07:00 AM

No sequel to Snow White

I just hope that they never make a sequel to Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs !! That would be a dreadful disastrous mistake, however I hope that one day they do put the Music In Your Soup sequence in full animation from the pencil tests. Perhaps they'll include this when they re-release Snow White in an all new remastered version for Hi Def/Blu- Ray DVD?
Old 02-03-06, 01:46 AM
Banned

I took in "Bambi 2" tonight, and thought it was absolutely fantastic. The feature itself remained very true to the original, from the matte painted backgrounds (albeit digital), the voice talent, and the overall "feel", which was neutral and not dated in either direction. A lot of love went into this project, and it shows.

The "Bambi 2" DVD, in addition to boasting a DTS track, also introduces Disney's new "Quick Play" feature, which, when loaded into a DVD player, automatically plays a Disney TV related segment, a couple of trailers, and goes right into the feature. The caption boasts that it's included so you don't "have to" use your remote. I don't see how this is any convenience, seeing as how it's more of less Disney's way of force feeding their product before the movie.

In any case, it's a definate purchase, although the extras ("Bambi Legacy" featurette and a feature length Bambi fact track) are sparce.
Old 02-03-06, 07:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cinemaddiction
I took in "Bambi 2" tonight, and thought it was absolutely fantastic. The feature itself remained very true to the original, from the matte painted backgrounds (albeit digital), the voice talent, and the overall "feel", which was neutral and not dated in either direction. A lot of love went into this project, and it shows.

The "Bambi 2" DVD, in addition to boasting a DTS track, also introduces Disney's new "Quick Play" feature, which, when loaded into a DVD player, automatically plays a Disney TV related segment, a couple of trailers, and goes right into the feature. The caption boasts that it's included so you don't "have to" use your remote. I don't see how this is any convenience, seeing as how it's more of less Disney's way of force feeding their product before the movie.

In any case, it's a definate purchase, although the extras ("Bambi Legacy" featurette and a feature length Bambi fact track) are sparce.

So should I buy it?
Old 02-03-06, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ive been on the fence about this one...Hmmm, maybe I should just pick it up for sentimental and "collectability" factor.
Old 02-03-06, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Cinemaddiction
In any case, it's a definate purchase
I wasn't sure if I'd give this release the time of day, but most word has been really positive so I think I'll be picking it up.

MATT
Old 02-03-06, 09:51 AM
Banned

I'd definately pick it up. It's one of the few STV Disney sequels that really compliments the original, instead of the usual desecration. In conjunction with the 70th Anniversary of "Bambi", and the declining sales of Disney's straight to video titles, "Bambi 2" is only being pressed for 70 days, then going OOP. They say it's an "experiment", and I'm not sure if there'll be a marketing campaign to reflect such, so I'd buy it while it's around.

BTW, Patrick Stewart voices the Great Prince, and it's some of his best work ever, voice or on screen. Just a great compliment to an already stellar voice cast, including Alexander Gould (Nemo).
Old 02-03-06, 10:09 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is the animation staff for these movies the ones who used to work on the theatrical animated Disney films before Disney went all-CG?
Old 02-03-06, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by mike harnish
If Disney's going to do lots of sequels and follow-ups, how about another Fantasia. I liked Fantasia 2000, although not as much as the original. Now that Roy's back, maybe there will eventually be another Fantasia flick. (My understanding is that he was a prime mover in getting Fantasia 2000 made.)
Agreed. Those are the only films whose format is open ended to warrant future installments.
Old 02-03-06, 04:09 PM

Yeah I've been on the fence when it comes to getting Bambi 2 but with all the positive feedback and the fact that its only going to be in stores for 70 days I think I'll take the plunge and get it. Bambi has always been one of my favorites so I hope Bambi 2 is good!

Tabbi <3
Old 02-03-06, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Glad my kids have out grown these movies.
Old 02-03-06, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Fairy Tales Disney could adapt rather than doing sequels:

- Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- Rumplestiltsken
- The Snow Queen
- The Ugly Duckling
- The Princess and the Pea
- The Three Billy Goats Gruff
- Alice Through The Looking Glass
- Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves
- The Emperor's New Clothes
- Snow White and Rose Red
- Rapunzel
- Puss 'n' Boots
- The Emperor's Nightengale
- Little Red Riding Hood
- The Three Little Kittens Lost their Mittens
- This Little Piggy Went to Market
- King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table
- Les Miserables (Disney-fied)
... etc....
Old 02-03-06, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Disc-Flipper
Fairy Tales Disney could adapt rather than doing sequels:

- Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves
Didn't they technically do this all ready with Aladdin & the King of Thieves?
Old 02-27-06, 09:36 PM
Banned

Leroy and Stich Direct to DVD sequel coming on June 27th according to davisdvd.com.

http://www.davisdvd.com/news/news.html
Old 05-14-06, 09:57 PM
Banned

Brother Bear 2 a direct to dvd sequel is going to be released August 29th according to davisdvd.com. more info here:

http://davisdvd.com/news/animation.html

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.