Search this Thread

Old 09-18-05, 08:05 PM
xia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my point of view is simply;

Hey at least it's on dvd.
Old 10-13-05, 05:16 PM

Ultimatedisney.com has updated with inside cover art for both ducktales and rescue rangers. Also on the ultimatedisney forums members have reported getting emails back from disney saying due to consumer interest/demand they will be putting the 5 part pilot episode in volume one. The rescue rangers is missing its 5 part pilot but it is unknown if disney decided to add it into the set yet.

Last edited by chamfer; 10-15-05 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-13-05, 05:51 PM
Cool New Member

Sweet, I am getting it for sure!
Old 10-13-05, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really want the Ducktales now that the pilot has been confirmed. It makes no sense not to include the Chip N Dale pilot. I don't get the motive unless they are going to release it seperately.
Old 10-14-05, 05:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
good news indeed.
Old 10-14-05, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone figure out the episode airdate confusion? I would HOPE Disney would release them in their correct air date order, but it seems to conflict with at least some on-line sites air dates.

Side note, I don't think air date is ALWAYS the way to watch a TV show, though. I.E. ST:TOS, I watch in production order. The same for Darkwing Duck. Some of the episodes they aired had characters who hadn't even been introduced yet.
Old 10-14-05, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
These two shows were pary of my top three favorie shows when I was a kid along with the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! I can not wait for these to come out!
Old 10-14-05, 01:41 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Numes
Anyone figure out the episode airdate confusion? I would HOPE Disney would release them in their correct air date order, but it seems to conflict with at least some on-line sites air dates.

Side note, I don't think air date is ALWAYS the way to watch a TV show, though. I.E. ST:TOS, I watch in production order. The same for Darkwing Duck. Some of the episodes they aired had characters who hadn't even been introduced yet.
For the most part, TV shows air in the correct production order. A recent example of a screwup was Undeclared, which chose to show episodes by the air date and not production error, causing people to be in a relationship one week, and the next week they were still talking about a date.

I don't recall Ducktales have too many changes between episodes (Adding Bubba, and maybe Gyroduck), but there is no excuse not to have these in the correct order they aired on television.
Old 10-18-05, 02:18 PM

Ok thought I'd update about this again. I had previously stated that some people on the ultimatedisney.com forums said that they had asked disney and disney said that due to demand they would be including the episodes. However since then others have bugged disney and disney went back to listing the episodes without the pilot. So I hate to squash the previous good news but it looks like it is all still unknown.
Old 10-18-05, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by deadpool24
anyone remember ducktales on nes? its a hard game, frustrating too.
the game was pretty hard the first time around, but the trick was to replay the magica dispell stage over and over again to pick up extra lives.
Old 10-26-05, 09:17 PM
Banned

No pilot on Ducktales or Rescue Rangers according to tvshowsondvd.com.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4380
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4381

Unless, the pilot are easter eggs or extras or bonus disc at some retailer, they are not listed on the links above. I think it is stupid of Buena Vista to not put them on the upcoming sets. The pilot of Ducktales is what hook me up to the show to begin with.
Old 10-27-05, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Crap. I don't see why they won't just put them on this release! Unless they are going to pull a Paramount and put the pilot on a later release like what was done for Star Trek: TOS, (the pilot was included with the 3rd season if I remember correctly).
Old 10-27-05, 01:51 AM
Suspended

Some great new and some shit news, oh well thats life, can't have everything.

This will still be copped though

Ducktales>Rescue Rangers
Old 10-27-05, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

God Damn Dinsey... To Hell
Old 10-27-05, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by animalmystic

Ducktales>Rescue Rangers

In my case though I think it has to do more with my age. I was borderline for Duck Tales, but by the time Rescue Rangers came around I was too cool for school and didn't watch such childish programs.
Old 10-27-05, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

In my case though I think it has to do more with my age. I was borderline for Duck Tales, but by the time Rescue Rangers came around I was too cool for school and didn't watch such childish programs.
I'm with ya. I was all over Duck Tales. Didn't get into Rescue Rangers as much, but I've probably seen half of the episodes, I suppose. It's been soooo long. I hope I'm not disappointed when I watch them again.

I guess I'll just be holding onto my p2p versions of the pilot for now.
Old 10-27-05, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by xia
my point of view is simply;

Hey at least it's on dvd.
I think this is such a weak statement.

There are a lot of movies on DVD that are not OAR. Is "Hey, at least it's on dvd" an excuse?

There are quite a few edited TV shows on DVD (Alf, Quantum Leap to name a couple). Is just releasing it on DVD acceptable for releasing the syndicated versions of the shows or replacing the music?

I'd rather wait for a proper release. I just want to point out that before someone calls me a hypocrite for having some of the DVD's I just mentioned in my library, I will point out that I'm in the process of selling/giving away/throwing away all my non OAR DVD's, and I am buying Duck Tales because I already have the pilot on my computer.

My 2 cents
Old 10-27-05, 08:06 AM

Darkwing Duck > TailSpin > Ducktales though

Anyway it's good to these things like this finally starting to come out. Although I'm probably going to rent them first as I'm finding many shows I had fond memories of from growing up are better left as fond memories
Old 10-27-05, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by nemein
Although I'm probably going to rent them first as I'm finding many shows I had fond memories of from growing up are better left as fond memories
True. My mom pulled out a Duck Tales VHS tape we had of a few episodes and watched it with my niece the other day. She said they were bored to tears.

With the discs not having the proper episodes puts me on the fence. But with 4 new Treasure sets, two new Seinfeld sets, Looney Tunes, South Park, Cheers, and I still need to pick up Fraggle Rock, plus there more on the horizon before Christmas. I think these can wait, especially since they are wrong.

I might pick them up used. The studio doesn't get my money that way and I can still have something to watch with my little girl.
Old 10-31-05, 11:23 PM
xia

Originally Posted by Numes
I'd rather wait for a proper release. I just want to point out that before someone calls me a hypocrite for having some of the DVD's I just mentioned in my library, I will point out that I'm in the process of selling/giving away/throwing away all my non OAR DVD's, and I am buying Duck Tales because I already have the pilot on my computer.

My 2 cents
Assuming of course there is a better "proper" release.

Last edited by xia; 10-31-05 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-01-05, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm still totally into getting Duck Tales...that's my childhood baby!
Old 11-04-05, 12:08 PM

Is there a reason why DeepDiscount isn't selling Ducktales or Rescue Rangers?

Paul
Old 11-04-05, 07:40 PM

What about Gummi Bears? or am I the only one?
Old 11-04-05, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by king3style
What about Gummi Bears? or am I the only one?
Your not the only one. Im sure Disney is just testing the market with these first 2 releases.
Old 11-04-05, 08:51 PM

Ducktales will so be mine....bastard release or not.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.