DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

RR Talks About Sin City SE

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-05, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RR Talks About Sin City SE

I searched and didn't find anything so I hope this isn't old news:
http://dvd.ign.com/articles/641/641160p1.html

I know it comes from IGN but seems to be good news. Glad to see the SE might come out a bit sooner than some other special additions (*coughKILLBILLcough*).

Plus Sin City Breakfast Tacos = instant win

Again hope I didn't overlook another person who posted this and sorry if I did
Old 08-11-05, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts
Sounds good... this is why I held off.
Old 08-11-05, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
After reading that,i may just hold off as well.
Old 08-11-05, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
For the lazy:
IGN: Knowing that there will eventually be multiple versions of a film released on DVD, how do you make sure that your audience is satisfied with each of those iterations?

Rodriguez: Well, usually I just put out one. With this one, they are already putting out one that comes out [August 16] that is just bare bones. I had not put anything extra on that, because I didn't have time to finish my DVD extras. They will put that out four months later because of piracy and stuff like that, and they actually don't put anything on there so that they know, 'well, this isn't the real DVD.'

The real DVD should come out fairly quick, [and] it's the one that will be obviously the double-disc set with all of the goodies on it. I mean, it has all kinds of stuff on there - I have a 20-minute Film School, a new Cooking School, Sin City Breakfast Tacos, and my favorite feature: when people watch DVDs, they complain 'oh, the only thing about home entertainment is you miss that audience experience.' Well, the best audience is in Austin, especially for a movie that was made there. We showed the premiere with the actors there in a 1500-seat theater, and they would go crazy and Sin City got a big reaction. I recorded the audience in 5.1 so if you're watching the DVD and you want to see it with an Austin audience on premiere night, you just click a button and they're all there going 'aaaah!' so it's really cool.

Quentin, when he was directing his sequence, he just let the tape roll when we were shooting, and the sequence taped for an hour, so there are some 20-minute uninterrupted takes. You see him wander in front of the camera and talk to the actors, and [he's] directing and you hear the whole sound of the set. It's like you're sitting right there on the set seeing the movie being shot from the point of view of the camera that's shooting the movie, uninterrupted, and it's really cool. You feel like you're right there, and you get to see what it's like to work with Quentin and the actors and how the movie actually gets made. [And] he will do a commentary on his section.
I'm all over the SE of the flick, since we all knew it was coming anyway.
Old 08-11-05, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'll buy both and not feel bad about it....still waiting on that spy kids SE that has been finished up forever too...
Old 08-11-05, 07:21 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
We'll see if and when this comes out. He's been pimping it forever.
Old 08-11-05, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
When there's an ANNOUNCEMENT that there's a forthcoming SE, I don't mind double dipping. I'm sure i'll be able to find a "cheap" version of the barebones disc. But, i'm sure we'll be hearing bitching when the SE is finally released..
Old 08-11-05, 07:35 PM
Cool New Member

I'm definatly waiting for the SE now.
Old 08-11-05, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Screw waiting for the SE. I loved Sin City and I am going to pick it up next week. As long as the DVD has the movie (as well as a good DTS soundtrack), I'm all over it.
Old 08-11-05, 07:40 PM

its awesome that at least he's being honest about a SE coming soon, unlike other movie studios. I would hold off, but im still waiting for the KILL BILL SE, and in 4 months, im not gonna miss the $15.
Old 08-11-05, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Doesn't sound like much to interest me in this SE. Maybe I'll just get next week's release.
Old 08-11-05, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho
We'll see if and when this comes out. He's been pimping it forever.
since March on this forum

Rodriguez talks Sin City DVD...
Old 08-11-05, 09:54 PM
Cool New Member

SE sounds cool...I'll probably rent the 1st release and then buy the SE.
Old 08-11-05, 10:12 PM

All over the SE...
Old 08-11-05, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

trust me the special edition will NOT come out this year....since the second movie is being released next summer which is very quick...expect the special edition to come out around that time....

plus this barebones DVD is the only DVD that will have the theatrical cut.
Old 08-11-05, 11:21 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts
I'm buying the barebones disc, but only because there's no guarantee (yet) that the SE will have the DTS track and/or the theatrical cut of the film. Now, to decide which slip-cover to purchase...
Old 08-11-05, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm all over the SE. Loved the movie,and will eventually pick up the theatrical cut/bare bones release when I find it for cheap of can trade for it.
Old 08-12-05, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where are people getting that the theatrical version will not be included on the SE???

It seems he has mentioned the TC version being on the disc. Along with an option to watch all the stories uncut in extended form on a separate disc.

Regarding the Kill Bill SE. You impatient people should realise the Weinsteins still have'nt exactly got there new studio set up yet. Either sometime this month or next month is when they'll be fully away from Disney. Then you'll see your uncut Kill Bill SE. That was the whole plan anyway.

I know separate volume SEs were mentioned. But they may have been 'joking' about milking a film for all it's worth. So most likely we won't see separate Vol 1 & 2 SEs. But an uncut full 4 hour version SE of the film someday. Which is planned with the Weinsteins new studio.
Old 08-12-05, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
good news. I still will be buying the barebones release though. I really enjoyed the movie and it will keep me busy until the special edition comes out
Old 08-12-05, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Julie Walker
Where are people getting that the theatrical version will not be included on the SE???

It seems he has mentioned the TC version being on the disc. Along with an option to watch all the stories uncut in extended form on a separate disc.

No Shit. Is it defenite that the Theatrical wont be on the SE? If not, than I got no problem buying both. But I wont if they plan on putting it out again
Old 08-12-05, 04:58 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Animatedude you have a point about the studio maybe wanting to wait for the next movie to come out but, no. I don't think that's how it will happen. They want it out four months from now, and what's four months from now? Christmas! They'll capitalize on that BIG time.
Old 08-12-05, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mzupeman2
Animatedude you have a point about the studio maybe wanting to wait for the next movie to come out but, no. I don't think that's how it will happen. They want it out four months from now, and what's four months from now? Christmas! They'll capitalize on that BIG time.
let's hope so.
Old 08-12-05, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
when people watch DVDs, they complain 'oh, the only thing about home entertainment is you miss that audience experience.
That is so funny, because in the dozen "theater vs. home viewing" threads that we have here each month, people are always complaining that the that audience experience is what keeps them from going to theaters. Too many people talking, cell phones, blah blah blah.....
Old 08-12-05, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
That is so funny, because in the dozen "theater vs. home viewing" threads that we have here each month, people are always complaining that the that audience experience is what keeps them from going to theaters. Too many people talking, cell phones, blah blah blah.....
Yeah, he should put a button or track so you can occasionally hear in the surrond speaker some chick's cell phone ring and she starts yappin or some little 2 year old crying.
Old 08-12-05, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Ravenous
No Shit. Is it defenite that the Theatrical wont be on the SE? If not, than I got no problem buying both. But I wont if they plan on putting it out again
i agree. i still have not seen definitively whether or not the SE will include the TC.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.