DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   "Loaned" folder with DVD Aficionado (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/433508-loaned-folder-dvd-aficionado.html)

KillerQ 08-08-05 11:24 PM

"Loaned" folder with DVD Aficionado

Hey all,

I have used dvd profiler for the longest time -- i recently tried dvd aficionado. DVD AF was nice because there was no clunky software, and it's instantly posted online. It took me 25 minutes to manually import 315 titles over.... i don't know why some thought this took forever...

Anyway -- i want to create a LOANED OUT folder -- but i want to COPY the titles in there. That is, i created a loaned subfolder, but i could only MOVE titles in there. I want them to stay in my master list as well -- i just want a duplicate in the loaned folder....

can this be done?

Thanks,

Matt!

X 08-08-05 11:38 PM

This is probably a better forum for this question.

D-Ball 08-09-05 01:20 AM

There's no way to have the same title in more than one folder. But for right now, you could put a different version/region dvd of the same title in your "loaned" folder to keep track of it.

KillerQ 08-09-05 08:49 PM

Hey guys....

I figured out something even better -- at least to me.... If I go to "edit titles" I can just add a line to the comments section. This always shows on the dvd list page. So, i can see what's loaned that way.....i can just ctrl+f for "loaned" and find them instantly that way.... Look under the aficionado link in my signature and you'll see what I mean....

Try it!

KillerQ 08-09-05 08:51 PM

Also,

I beleive this is posted somewhere else, buy i can't find it... I know that with profiler, you could add ANY dvd that you wanted from scratch (even without the artwork). Can you do that with aficionado? I have a few Maic dvd's that aren't in the database.... even if it's a blank entry with no picture -- i just want the placeholder there in my OWNED list....

Thanks,

Matt!

conscience 08-10-05 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by KillerQ
Also,

I beleive this is posted somewhere else, buy i can't find it... I know that with profiler, you could add ANY dvd that you wanted from scratch (even without the artwork). Can you do that with aficionado? I have a few Maic dvd's that aren't in the database.... even if it's a blank entry with no picture -- i just want the placeholder there in my OWNED list....

Thanks,

Matt!

If you cannot find it in Quick Import then:

You have to go to <b>Advanced</b> towards the top of the page, let the scroll come down and hit <b>Submit New Title</b>.

From there - you fill in as much info as you can. I think the more info you put the better chance you have that it will be accepted by the people who review submissions. You also do not have to upload artwork unless you want to.

I have done this for two titles (one that I recently sold off that is no longer on my list - and it is still in the database).

It can be tough, I guess. But I like the format MUCH better than Dvd Pro.

Mike Lowrey 08-10-05 11:54 AM

The good thing about DVDAficionado is the relative speed at which one can submit new titles and update information on previously submitted ones. Usually, they'll review it and accept or reject it within hours, if not sooner. I once submitted a 22-part documentary series and they were accepting my titles before I could even go back and edit some (for consistance).

gutwrencher 08-10-05 04:51 PM

Any other DVDAF related questions...you can seek advice from the forum. If you have yet to donate a few $ to DVDAF, please do so when you can. The entire site is being restructered for the better....and loyal support is always welcome.:D

MEJHarrison 08-11-05 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by gutwrencher
....and loyal support is always welcome.:D

Ahhh....

That explains why they told me to go to hell when I sent in $20 with a note that says DVDProfiler kicks their ass. :blush:

gutwrencher 08-11-05 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by MEJHarrison
Ahhh....

That explains why they told me to go to hell when I sent in $20 with a note that says DVDProfiler kicks their ass. :blush:

Hardy fuckin' har. Profiler can't even kick their own ass.:lol:

MEJHarrison 08-11-05 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by gutwrencher
Profiler can't even kick their own ass.:lol:

Hmm... :scratch2:

I want to stay loyal to my team, but I'm having a hard time coming up with a counter argument. The product rocks, but the users have gone off the deep end. I thought the latest update would please even the most anal of them, but their analness has increased exponentially. The things I've seen argued on their site is amazing. -ohbfrank-

abintra 08-11-05 11:16 PM

Not that you were asking if there was a site that had this feature but http://www.dvdspot.com/ has a specific loaned section that fits your criteria.

KillerQ 08-12-05 07:10 AM

Abintra and others,

Thanks for the info. Dvdspot seems like dvdaficionado with a little more emphasis on the graphic interface -- however, the homepage is a bit busy. Any downsides to dvdspot?

Also, with DVDSPOT i think it's funny that if you send your kids or other young viewers a "movie night" email, they can look to the right of the page to see some "not for kids" dvd titles on display/sale....tacky! haha... look at someones collection, and go under "movie night", you'll see what i mean...

also, the dvd spot interface kinda reminds me of netflix.

Later,

Matt