Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Sin City DVD for Sale Early (Central Long Island)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-05, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't know if these threads are still popular or allowed, but I noticed that Soundtraks Ltd. in Huntington Village Long Island had Sin City on sale. It's a bit pricey ($26.99) but if you REALLY want it, they have it.
Old 08-08-05, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bus
I don't know if these threads are still popular or allowed, but I noticed that Soundtraks Ltd. in Huntington Village Long Island had Sin City on sale. It's a bit pricey ($26.99) but if you REALLY want it, they have it.
Oh man. I'm dying for this DVD for some reason. Anyone find it in CA yet? Or if anyone in Long Island wants to help me out...

Last edited by Carcaridon; 08-08-05 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-08-05, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know, we don't talk about leaks and crap here because why? Because it's illegal. So are broken street dates, let's not point the finger at where everybody can rush to buy stuff.
Old 08-08-05, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by mzupeman2
You know, we don't talk about leaks and crap here because why? Because it's illegal. So are broken street dates, let's not point the finger at where everybody can rush to buy stuff.
This is new to me. I thought that street dates were imposed by the studio. I never knew that there were actual laws against this type of thing. I know there are fines against people, but I've never heard of someone going to jail, or the fines to be applied by state/federal. Something new, I guess.

Last edited by Carcaridon; 08-08-05 at 03:40 PM.
Old 08-09-05, 12:31 AM
Banned

It is available in California, and I have mentioned to people before where it is. However, I like keeping it as secret as possible. I will tell you its in North Orange County though.
Old 08-09-05, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

there is no law against it. Just heavy fines from the distributor, and loss of their product from store shelves...
Old 08-09-05, 06:26 AM

Not much to do with this but I did get a chance to watch the DVD as a friend works at Blockbuster and I must say even though this is barebones DVD, and I do mean BAREBONES that the DTS track and the picture are outstanding on my 51" WEGA HD TV and surround sound. The sound is nice, clear and loud and the picture from what I could see was perfect. Good stuff until we can get the Director's Edition who knows when...
Old 08-09-05, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Cameron
there is no law against it. Just heavy fines from the distributor, and loss of their product from store shelves...
That's what I thought. Discuss away.

DALVIN.

Hey. Sent you email. Wondering if it's in the same place as last time. If not, please point the way.

Thanks.
Old 08-09-05, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I do really want this dvd but there isn't anything on it. My double sense is going haywire.
Old 08-09-05, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
I do really want this dvd but there isn't anything on it. My double sense is going haywire.
There's a really fantastic looking movie. Sometimes that's enough. At least for me. This movie really pushed the boundries of visualization. At least for me. Granted, I was hoping for the promised super edition, but it will be along soon enough. I hope.
Old 08-09-05, 09:46 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Like the promised Kill Bill super-duper-edition, it'll be years before this one gets a rerelease. If ever.
Old 08-09-05, 09:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Carcaridon
That's what I thought. Discuss away.
Thanks.
On second thought.

DON'T.

That's not the way things work around here. We don't post people who break street dates because...well...we're kinda not interested in advertising that fact to get stores in trouble. If they break street date, fine. They won't be the only ones. But there's no reason to advertise it. It will only do more harm than good.
Old 08-09-05, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
On second thought.

DON'T.

That's not the way things work around here. We don't post people who break street dates because...well...we're kinda not interested in advertising that fact to get stores in trouble. If they break street date, fine. They won't be the only ones. But there's no reason to advertise it. It will only do more harm than good.
I'm not saying outright post the stores name, addess and phone number on here. Please don't take it like that. That stuff should be taken out of here and in email or off line elsewhere. But I don't see the harm in helping someone find a DVD that they're really wanting.
Old 08-09-05, 10:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Carcaridon
I'm not saying outright post the stores name, addess and phone number on here. Please don't take it like that. That stuff should be taken out of here and in email or off line elsewhere. But I don't see the harm in helping someone find a DVD that they're really wanting.
That's fine. But that's not the case here.
Old 08-09-05, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If they put it on their shelves for sale and sell it to us...we are not doing anything wrong. So WE can discuss it all we want.

On the other hand, yes, they will (and rightfully should) get in trouble. Usually the people who put them out early charge way too much for it, because they know a few people will pay that much. And it's only out 1 week early.

So I say discuss the store, who put it out? Some people are interested in it, and who cares if the store gets in trouble? Serves 'em right.
Old 08-09-05, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

MZUPERMAN2 and DIGITALFREAKNYC:

Give me a break about the illegalness. That's all relative what is illegal. Look at the Bush Administration. Everything they do to the world is ethically illegal. Just because they make a law about it, it does not make it right or legal. I don't think you should be worrying about keeping stores secret, because these stores may get in trouble, but they get a fine, and then they are back to selling bootlegs and DVDs early. These stores have balls and should be supported. Kim's Video in NYC just got raided by the government, got rid of some DVD bootlegs, probably got some fines, but they are back to their old ways. It's very naive to think that the government does not know about these stores. They know about these stores, but there is no Video Police and they have other crap to worry about such as searching the bags of trendy SoHo white girls to stop terrorism.

For you people that don't know where these stores are, just keep your eyes open and do a little research. Im not going to give the exact phone numbers or addresses too. That's the whole fun of searching for DVDs. Here ya go for early release DVD stores of NYC (which include Sin City DVDs).

Kims Video
Comic shops (but not video game stores)
Adult video stores that sell non-adult normal films
Small non-corporate DVD/CD stores scattered around NYC
Ethnic neighborhoods such as Brighton Beach or Chinatown DVD stores (yes, Region 1 early DVD releases)

Last edited by toddly6666; 08-09-05 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-09-05, 10:46 AM
Banned

Toddley,

You go boy. And fwiw, I never said it was illegal. It's not.

Sean,

I'm glad it's ok to take advantage of the store and be happy when they put it out early. And then at the same time, get them in trouble.
Old 08-09-05, 10:48 AM

Toddley,

Sean,

I'm glad it's ok to take advantage of the store and be happy when they put it out early. And then at the same time, get them in trouble.
Everyone. Please don't post the name of the store. If someone wants it, please take it off the forums.
Old 08-09-05, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The only store I mentioned was KIM'S VIDEO and they are famous for being the coolest video store in NYC and they are famous for breaking the rules too. But here in USA, the police/govt. "don't take bribes because USA is the most non-corrupt law-abiding country in the world", uh yeah right!....Don't worry CARCARIDON, the stores cannot get in trouble because someone has to supply the money for Krispy Kreme donuts to the cops...
Old 08-09-05, 01:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by toddly6666
The only store I mentioned was KIM'S VIDEO and they are famous for being the coolest video store in NYC and they are famous for breaking the rules too. But here in USA, the police/govt. "don't take bribes because USA is the most non-corrupt law-abiding country in the world", uh yeah right!....Don't worry CARCARIDON, the stores cannot get in trouble because someone has to supply the money for Krispy Kreme donuts to the cops...
ummm...tell me it was laced with something right?
Old 08-09-05, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Toddley,

Sean,

It's not like the stores aren't doing the same by charging a premium for putting it out early.
Old 08-09-05, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah, fuck those bastards who put their lives on the line day in and day out to protect you. Who needs them? There's the occassional crooked cop, so they should all be looked down upon, right?

On a side note, stick to the subject. No need for your societal rants in a thread about the Sin City DVD.

-JP
Old 08-09-05, 02:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fandango
It's not like the stores aren't doing the same by charging a premium for putting it out early.
I don't know where you're shopping but all the stores that I go to that sell early charge what is called the "suggested retail price." That's what it's SUPPOSED to be.

Personally, I've only done it on the titles that mattered, all 5 Star Wars, Indy and the Godfather. Everything else I can wait for. Sith will be the last time I "break street date" on a film. After that, I see no point.
Old 08-09-05, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,196 Likes on 1,501 Posts
The only store I mentioned was KIM'S VIDEO and they are famous for being the coolest video store in NYC and they are famous for breaking the rules too..
As previously stated, breaking street date is not anywhere near illegal, but Kim's has already gotten into trouble for breaking another rule, regarding selling bootlegs (which they likely still do). That one is illegal.
Old 08-09-05, 02:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cultshock
As previously stated, breaking street date is not anywhere near illegal, but Kim's has already gotten into trouble for breaking another rule, regarding selling bootlegs (which they likely still do). That one is illegal.
yah but, like, breaking the rules, and stuff, is like, cool. and shit.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.