Reload this Page >

New JOHN WAYNE 10-Movie Set???

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 08-04-05, 12:11 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all who had interest in this set. Please share any reviews you have on the discs in this set! I'm using my wife's account here at the forum because it's easier than making a new one (but who cares anyway, right?). I ordered this "EXCLUSIVE" Deluxe set from Amazon several weeks ago and it had a release date of 7/27 and as of today, they still have the order as open, uncharged on my credit card and not shipped!!! Of course, they always have this "expected ship date...yadda, yadda, yadda" but our orders are always long shipped before those dates. What I'm asking here...has anyone received their set yet and if so, when did you get it?

Were there any interesting extras not previously mentioned? Is the quality of the transfers exceptional? Anything at all to share with us owlhoots who are still waiting?
Old 08-04-05, 01:00 PM

I do not have the newly released 10-pack from Amazon, but I do own all these discs from when they were previously released. I'm pretty sure there is nothing new on the ones your getting, with the exception of the new artwork covers.

That being said, you can expect top-quality transfers from Paramount on all the films. Most, if not all, have the option of 5.1 stereo, and fantastic prints.
Old 08-04-05, 03:42 PM

Thanks Ken, I was hoping they would be as good as the recent Warner set.
Old 08-04-05, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nothing new...and as far as we know it doesn't even come with a slipcover (box) Its just all the titles packed and shipped at a bargain rate. I had asked about it in the The High and the Mighty, McLintock!, Island in the Sky, and more thread.

When you do finally get it check in with us and give us the lowdown on if it has a box or not.

the pic at amazon shows no box, and it also shows the old covers...this may be how paramount is dumping all the old artwork.

Old 08-04-05, 10:49 PM

Hmmm, no special box...standard releases. Wonder why it is taking so long to process and ship? I thought it was possible production problems.