Reload this Page >

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Limited Edition Complete Series Box Set: Nov. 15th

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Limited Edition Complete Series Box Set: Nov. 15th

Old 08-02-06, 01:50 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wergo
Yep. That's exsactly what it is. They did the same thing with the last few seasons of 'The Simpsons' and 'Angel.' Cheaper than printing entirely new covers, I guess.

If you want the bilingual cover, yuou can keep it. If you want the original monolingual cover, you can toss it in the trash along with the shrink-wrap and price sticker. Best of both worlds.
I don't know if I'll throw it out, but I doubt I'll keep it on the set. If it's not actually a part of the set then it's nothing to worry about (which is nice to hear.) I was worried about the damage to the slipcover, but I'm not anymore, due to the fact that it isn't an important thing.
Old 08-03-06, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by lizard
FWIW, like bboisvert, my set, purchased from DDD in November, had no slip cover. It was just shrink-wrapped.

(And I got it for US$111.89, so it was a screaming bargain!)
Same here. I'm actually wondering what the slip cover looked like. Does any body have any pics of it?
Old 08-03-06, 07:25 PM

Big day for DvDs...I'll be getting this set along with the Friends set since I don't have any seasons for either series. I don't understand why they'd be coming out on a wed. maybe it's the 14th that both sets are coming out? If so it'll be the same day as the extended King Kong.
Old 08-03-06, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Acting Up
Big day for DvDs...I'll be getting this set along with the Friends set since I don't have any seasons for either series. I don't understand why they'd be coming out on a wed. maybe it's the 14th that both sets are coming out? If so it'll be the same day as the extended King Kong.
Sorry to tell you this, but this is Nov 15 of 2005 when this came out. This is an old thread. This set came out last year and it is already out of print.
Old 08-03-06, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Here's a link to a really small picture of the front of the slipcover...
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...92&catid=11010
Old 08-04-06, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Acting Up
Yeah, sorry man, but you're just a little behind. I was lucky enough to pick up the Buffy Chosen Collection and Friends Boxset during the November DDD sale (Buffy was about $110, and the Friends boxset ended up being about the same after the $50 WB rebate). These are two of my more treasured collections and better DVD bargains.

The Buffy set is very hard to find now, although from recent posts there seem to be some on Canada. I still see the Friends set around occasionally, but it is pretty expensive.

I am slowly making my way through Buffy (for the first time as I didn't watch it on TV). I am almost done with Season 3, and love it so far. I have a ways to go though.
Old 08-04-06, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
The price went up to $284.99 at Future Shop for this set.
Old 08-04-06, 04:57 PM

Ouch..I just noticed how far behind I am..haha jeeze. Oh well.
Old 08-06-06, 10:46 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
The price went up to $284.99 at Future Shop for this set.
I'm glad I capitalized on the sale then!

I bought the Friends set when it was released. It was $250 CAD, or so.
Old 08-07-06, 01:23 AM
rmf
Cool New Member

Ok... Take a look at this...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

I'd seen it on another site but I consider Amazon to be pretty credible... If The Chosen Collection is making a return I'm not missing out this time...
Old 08-07-06, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rmf

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

I'd seen it on another site but I consider Amazon to be pretty credible... If The Chosen Collection is making a return I'm not missing out this time...

i really hope that happens too as i wouldn't want to miss out on it for the 2nd time...
Old 08-07-06, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by rmf

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

I'm right with you on that one man. If it's coming out again then I have my credit card in hand and ready. I won't be missing it like I did the DDD sale before last. I really do hope that this gets another print run. Any information coming from elsewhere like DVDactive or the other sites offering info? Anything from any other retailers?
Old 08-07-06, 03:00 AM

deepdiscountdvd has it too

http://search.deepdiscountdvd.com/se...t=score&srt=30

i missed it the first time. not this time. i went ahead and preordered it.
Old 08-07-06, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by historyavenger
deepdiscountdvd has it too

http://search.deepdiscountdvd.com/se...t=score&srt=30

i missed it the first time. not this time. i went ahead and preordered it.
Well, that's some more verification. Still, I wouldn't mind an outside source giving us info whether it is a reprint or what. Anyway, I think I'll just order it from Amazon now because I want it to come in pristine condition and don't want to risk it at DDD (even though they have been pretty good as of late.
Old 08-07-06, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by hiccup
Well, that's some more verification. Still, I wouldn't mind an outside source giving us info whether it is a reprint or what. Anyway, I think I'll just order it from Amazon now because I want it to come in pristine condition and don't want to risk it at DDD (even though they have been pretty good as of late.
Just my view, but for the $30 price difference, I'd go with DDD. Mine arrived in perfect condition during the sale, and I don't remember reading about any complaints about the packaging, etc. And it's not like Amazon is a guarante of perfect condition.

And great news for those of you who missed out the first time. I think they underestimated the demand for a collection like this.
Old 08-07-06, 01:57 PM

I wish they would do something like this for Angel
Old 08-07-06, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 254 Likes on 180 Posts
Originally Posted by RedBull7&83
I wish they would do something like this for Angel
They undoubtedly will. Just be patient.
Old 08-07-06, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by jeffrey r
Just my view, but for the $30 price difference, I'd go with DDD. Mine arrived in perfect condition during the sale, and I don't remember reading about any complaints about the packaging, etc. And it's not like Amazon is a guarante of perfect condition.

And great news for those of you who missed out the first time. I think they underestimated the demand for a collection like this.
FWIW My first set from DDD was badley damaged and had two copies of the same season in it. I sent it back and the second copy the gave my arrived in perfect condition, no smashed box and no repeat seasons.
Old 08-07-06, 09:19 PM

Hopefully in time for the next DDD 20 percent off
Old 08-08-06, 12:26 AM
rmf
Cool New Member

Well, I guess it must be official... It's shown up on yet another vendor site - this time Buy.com...

Mod note: Please do not use referral/"commission" links, esp hidden as real links.

Who would have every thought a studio would re-release a title that was actually sought after without completely changing it? What a concept...

Last edited by nemein; 08-08-06 at 04:00 AM.
Old 08-08-06, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rmf
Well, I guess it must be official... It's shown up on yet another vendor site - this time Buy.com
Your post contains a broken link that redirects to a site that is NOT Buy.com. Here is a good link to the Buy.com page.
Old 08-08-06, 06:37 AM
rmf
Cool New Member

Thanks... Didn't realize I had a bad link...
Old 08-10-06, 11:41 AM
Cool New Member

How are they allowed to do this? This set with the "exclusive" bonus disc was made and went out of print. How are they allowed to rerelease a limited set with everything exclusive to the prior one? This can't be correct or legal. The sets were supposed to be limited and numbered and contain a bonus disc only available with those sets. Does this not defeat the purpose of being limited?
Old 08-10-06, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Divine_Trash
How are they allowed to do this? This set with the "exclusive" bonus disc was made and went out of print. How are they allowed to rerelease a limited set with everything exclusive to the prior one? This can't be correct or legal. The sets were supposed to be limited and numbered and contain a bonus disc only available with those sets. Does this not defeat the purpose of being limited?
While I do not like the idea of them re-releasing the set (if you wanted it, you should have bought it when it was available), your post is really nonsensical.

First off all, I don't believe that the set was numbered. I haven't seen a number on my set, at least.

Secondly, everything is limited. It might be limited to 2 billion copies, but that's the limit. Everything eventually will go out of print.

The only way this might not be "legal" would be if the first set was advertised as "get this now because we will never make any more of them after this print run" or "we're only making 10,000 copies, and we'll never make them again." Just throwing the tag "limited" on it means nothing.
Old 08-10-06, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine_Trash

While I do not like the idea of them re-releasing the set (if you wanted it, you should have bought it when it was available), your post is really nonsensical.

First off all, I don't believe that the set was numbered. I haven't seen a number on my set, at least.

Secondly, everything is limited. It might be limited to 2 billion copies, but that's the limit. Everything eventually will go out of print.

The only way this might not be "legal" would be if the first set was advertised as "get this now because we will never make any more of them after this print run" or "we're only making 10,000 copies, and we'll never make them again." Just throwing the tag "limited" on it means nothing.
The same thing happend in R2 a year before the set came stateside... They had the inital numbered box with additional goodies, and then about 9 months later they released a 'different' looking box without the goodies at a same price, but this box was to be mainstream... so the people that initially bought it didn't get screwed over in a sense, because they still got the exclusive stuff...

and I totally agree with the above poster, Angel definately needs his own box (my friends would like to shot me for this, but while I love Buffy, I still think 'Angel' was just a little bit better...)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.