Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Limited Edition Complete Series Box Set: Nov. 15th

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Limited Edition Complete Series Box Set: Nov. 15th

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-05, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the three posters above me who ordered from DDD, did you all pay 1 day air shipping to get it so quick. Also my order on DDD is still open (in process) I ordered it on Tuesday and looking at the faq on their site it says that my order should be shipped out the next day since it was in stock. So my question is does DDD do like alot of other sites by shipping the item but not updating the online form. I only ask because I've ordered from other DVD sites and gotten the DVD in my home before they even said it shipped online.
Old 11-17-05, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No. I had mine pre-ordered from a while back.
Old 11-17-05, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Whoda
To the three posters above me who ordered from DDD, did you all pay 1 day air shipping to get it so quick. Also my order on DDD is still open (in process) I ordered it on Tuesday and looking at the faq on their site it says that my order should be shipped out the next day since it was in stock. So my question is does DDD do like alot of other sites by shipping the item but not updating the online form. I only ask because I've ordered from other DVD sites and gotten the DVD in my home before they even said it shipped online.
I did. I paid the extra $13 and recieved it on Friday...a few days before it even hit store shelves.
Old 11-17-05, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Mine was preordered online, and yeah, paid the extra $13. Got it on Friday.
Old 11-17-05, 06:18 PM

I ordered it Tuesday and had to call today because the order still said In Process. The guy said that it would be shipped either by tonight or tomorrow morning.
Old 11-17-05, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No problems with my DDD copy... it came today, I placed the order right after midnight late Monday, with UPS 2-day shipping for $6.95. Didn't mind paying the extra to get it early, most of that order was Tuesday new releases.
Old 11-20-05, 11:15 AM

I still hadn't gotten around to buying seasons five through seven, so I went ahead and bought the set. Cheaper than buying them individually with the DDD sale and ebaying the first four seasons on DVD will make buying the new box turn into me trading four seasons of the series in for seven and actually making a profit. Cool!
Old 11-20-05, 02:30 PM

Has anyone that has received this gotten a damaged one? I bought mine from amazon.com and it looks like it was repackaged there. Three of the cases have creases in the bottom of them. Ugh, returning stuff to amazon is a pain.
Old 11-20-05, 02:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SilverDreams
Has anyone that has received this gotten a damaged one? I bought mine from amazon.com and it looks like it was repackaged there. Three of the cases have creases in the bottom of them. Ugh, returning stuff to amazon is a pain.
Why is returning stuff to Amazon is a pain?
Old 11-20-05, 04:46 PM

The few times I did it, it just took forever. And going to the post office in Los Angeles is always a lot of fun!
Old 11-21-05, 05:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts
When I've had to return something to Amazon, I just go to their site and use the reply form.

They've always sent me a replacement immediately, and given me a pre-paid label to return the defective item.

This way, if it's a multi-disc set, I can swap out the good/bad discs between them so I don't have to re-watch the new one. Or do the same with damaged packaging.
Old 11-26-05, 11:04 AM

Bonus Disc

I was just wondering how the bonus disc was packaged. Can anyone maybe post a pic of the disc and how it's packaged?
Old 11-26-05, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by fivebyfivefvs
I was just wondering how the bonus disc was packaged. Can anyone maybe post a pic of the disc and how it's packaged?
The bonus disc comes in a cardboard sleeve and is on top of the stacked season sets.
Old 02-13-06, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So Ive been wanting to watch this show on DVD, but rather than going out and buying the whole series at once back in November, I decided to test it out first by picking up the first season since its usually pretty cheap. Well now I know I definitely want to watch the whole series, but apparently this "Limited Edition" was very limited. Is there any chance this will be released again? Will it be cheaper (both in price and quality) than this version? Am I better off just looking for a deal on the S2-7 sets?
Old 02-13-06, 05:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ENDContra, have you considered other regions?
Old 02-13-06, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hadnt, but I just did a search at http://www.dvdpricecheck.co.uk/ and discovered that it would be cheaper to just buy the R1 sets individually...best deal I saw was the complete set for 118 GBP, which is somewhere around $200 USD I believe.
Old 02-13-06, 06:39 AM

Barnes & Noble appears to have it in stock:
http://video.barnesandnoble.com/sear...=0024543212904

Here in the UK (region 2), we got an unlimited edition in slightly different packaging about a year after the limited edition. Amazon UK is currently the cheapest source:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...803230-1721203
Old 02-13-06, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by ENDContra
So Ive been wanting to watch this show on DVD, but rather than going out and buying the whole series at once back in November, I decided to test it out first by picking up the first season since its usually pretty cheap. Well now I know I definitely want to watch the whole series, but apparently this "Limited Edition" was very limited. Is there any chance this will be released again? Will it be cheaper (both in price and quality) than this version? Am I better off just looking for a deal on the S2-7 sets?
Try to get the set. It was easily findable for $111 back in November. Now, this is very difficult and probably impossible.

If you can't find it, wait till May. The seasons are going to be re-released in slimmer packaging and at a price discount. You may not want the bulky packaging.

Right now you may want to pick up Season 2 or Netflix it though if you don't want to wait. It was a great season (the best for me) and worth the $39.

I thought the show excelled after Season 1, took a dive after Season 3, and completely fell into a mess after Season 5. But, thats just my opinion. For how good Season 2 is, Season 7 was the complete opposite.
Old 02-13-06, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^Thanks...didnt know they were rereleasing the sets, I may just wait...is there any other info on this? (specs, pics, etc). Id hate to wait just to get an inferior version, plus the current sets are available for ~$30...cant see FOX lowering full seasons much more than that.
Old 02-13-06, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by ENDContra
^Thanks...didnt know they were rereleasing the sets, I may just wait...is there any other info on this? (specs, pics, etc). Id hate to wait just to get an inferior version, plus the current sets are available for ~$30...cant see FOX lowering full seasons much more than that.
$30 isnt that bad. It's still pretty much more than the set was , but thats not bad per season. I remember when they were $50 a season. The low prices on the set were also a fluke due to a big sale. I didn't know the individual sets were on sale.

Even paying more for the set, you would still probably save money by getting a set instead of paying for each season individually.

If you only wanted a couple seasons, then you wouldn't. But, you seem to want them all.

I think the re-releases are going to be the season sets in slimmer packing, but without the bonus material. I am not positive on that though.

If your into bonus material, still try to get the set as it's the most complete version on this series available. If you don't care about bonus material, get the seperate sets.

The slimmer sets are going to cost around $29, so it's not much less than what you can get them for now. They are for those who want to save space and don't care about extras.

Last edited by AllHallowsEve; 02-13-06 at 07:07 AM.
Old 02-13-06, 07:11 AM

Seasons 2 and 3 were perhaps the best, but all the seasons have some great episodes. You have a rare treat in store, ENDContra, watching them for the first time. I envy you. (I'm currently watching them for the second time, and I'm half way through season 4.) I advise you to steer clear of any Buffy forums from now on, so you don't see any spoilers. Also, don't watch the featurettes until the end of the season. And don't listen to the commentaries until you've watched the next two seasons, as these were recorded a couple of years later and often include spoilers.

Personally I don't much like the packaging of the complete set. I think it's awkward getting the individual seasons in and out of the outer box. So, if there's little difference in price I would go for the separate season sets. On the other hand, the complete set does look pretty, and the fact that it's a limited edition will add to its resale value.
Old 02-13-06, 07:20 AM

I forgot to mention that the region 1 complete set has a bonus (40th) DVD, with new extra features. So that's a good reason for buying the complete set if you can get it. Other than that, the DVDs don't vary from one set to another (within a given region); it's only the packaging that varies.
Old 02-13-06, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by tichtich
Seasons 2 and 3 were perhaps the best, but all the seasons have some great episodes. You have a rare treat in store, ENDContra, watching them for the first time. I envy you. (I'm currently watching them for the second time, and I'm half way through season 4.) I advise you to steer clear of any Buffy forums from now on, so you don't see any spoilers. Also, don't watch the featurettes until the end of the season. And don't listen to the commentaries until you've watched the next two seasons, as these were recorded a couple of years later and often include spoilers.

Personally I don't much like the packaging of the complete set. I think it's awkward getting the individual seasons in and out of the outer box. So, if there's little difference in price I would go for the separate season sets. On the other hand, the complete set does look pretty, and the fact that it's a limited edition will add to its resale value.
I agree about the set. I think I am going to sell it and buy the slimmer sets when released in May. I only really want up to season 5 anyways. I own Season 6 and 7 now due to having the set, but I never ever watch them. Not because I am jaded against them (well maybe a little). I just always seem to go back to ealier seasons when I feel like watching an episode.

I also thought Angels final season was much better than Buffy's final season. But, of course thats once again only matter of opinion.
Old 02-13-06, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^ How much you want for it? (Although Im sure youre gonna want to sell it for some crazy high amount which is exactly what Id do if I was selling it .
Old 02-13-06, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by AllHallowsEve
I only really want up to season 5 anyways. I own Season 6 and 7 now due to having the set, but I never ever watch them. Not because I am jaded against them (well maybe a little). I just always seem to go back to ealier seasons when I feel like watching an episode.
Wild horses couldn't part me from my season 6.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.