Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Limited Edition Complete Series Box Set: Nov. 15th

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-05, 06:45 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here are some more photos...couldnt do measurments cuz I have no ruler or tape measure...however I tried using an Angel DVD Set to show you dimensions...

Also...sorry about quality and angles...its my sisters camera and the viewscreen is broke so I had to wing it...here ya go!

Old 11-15-05, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That looks really sweet. Even better than I originally pictured -- really compact and well-organized. Thanks for the extremely detailed photos.

I'm just left with one final question. Is it numbered? I thought these sets were supposed to be numbered...
Old 11-15-05, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by bboisvert
I'm just left with one final question. Is it numbered? I thought these sets were supposed to be numbered...
No numbers. Unless I'm overlooking it on my copy.
Old 11-15-05, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the pics. The packaging is exactly the same as my R2 set, but with different artwork. The R2 ones are numbered on the back of the case.
Old 11-15-05, 08:15 PM

man those pics make the set completely worth the selling price
Old 11-15-05, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

the autographed letter is a reprint right?
Old 11-15-05, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by maingon
the autographed letter is a reprint right?
Of course it is...you dont think Whedon personally signed thousands of letters..
Old 11-15-05, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Preditor74
Of course it is...you dont think Whedon personally signed thousands of letters..
You mean yours doesn't include a personal letter from Joss, addressing you by name?

Loser.
Old 11-15-05, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mine is signed by Joss. You must have done something to make him mad.

By the way - welcome to DVD Talk. In the future, tone the sass down a notch when a Senior Member asks a valid question.

Last edited by BobDole42; 11-15-05 at 10:51 PM.
Old 11-15-05, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by BobDole42
Mine is signed by Joss. You must have done something to make him mad.

By the way - welcome to DVD Talk. In the future, tone the sass down a notch when a Senior Member asks a valid question.

These letters were not all personally signed...if you look at other photos of the letters the sig is in the exact same place with the exact same printing...

Yes these are reprints...all of ours were a reprinted signature from Joss.

And about the "sass" ... Didn't mean for it to come out sounding mean...I guess since I didn't put some smiley face in there it had to be taken seriously...if this is how some board members act then maybe I will just go and visit other boards with the pics...I mean honestly...if someone asks a silly question (which when you think about it, it is), you will get a silly answer back. Last time I checked this wasn't grade school with a teacher telling you, "There is no such thing as a stupid question." Like I said, I didn't intend to sound mean...just a little fun sarcasim...just wanted to come and give other board members who were questioning buying a set some answers to help them decide...that's all.
Old 11-15-05, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by uberjoe
You mean yours doesn't include a personal letter from Joss, addressing you by name?

Loser.
And last time I checked...I did not throw out any name calling in my post either. But I guess my sarcastic reply is worse than being insulted by being called a loser...
Old 11-15-05, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

These letters were not all personally signed...if you look at other photos of the letters the sig is in the exact same place with the exact same printing...

Yes these are reprints...all of ours were a reprinted signature from Joss.

And about the "sass" ... Didn't mean for it to come out sounding mean...I guess since I didn't put some smiley face in there it had to be taken seriously...if this is how some board members act then maybe I will just go and visit other boards with the pics...I mean honestly...if someone asks a silly question (which when you think about it, it is), you will get a silly answer back. Last time I checked this wasn't grade school with a teacher telling you, "There is no such thing as a stupid question." Like I said, I didn't intend to sound mean...just a little fun sarcasim...just wanted to come and give other board members who were questioning buying a set some answers to help them decide...that's all.
How was it a stupid question? Plenty of limited edition items are signed. I think it was a perfectly reasonable question asking for confirmation that the letters were not signed. Be nice to me and uberjoe. We have been with DVD Talk since before there was a forum. I (and everyone else) appreciate your posting the pics of the forums. Just be nice, that's all.
Old 11-16-05, 12:15 AM

i knew it was but i thought the letter was in just a few so thats why i wondered.
Old 11-16-05, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Saw this box set at BestBuy today and it looked pretty cool.
Old 11-16-05, 02:02 AM

To those who already have the set, do you think it's rather awkward getting the individual season folders in and out of the box, especially the later seasons? I have the R2 non-limited set, which has similar but not identical packaging, and I ended up taking all the folders out of the box and putting them directly on a CD-height shelf (in book-style orientation instead of stacked up) for easier access.
Old 11-16-05, 06:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MOD NOTE: Having "senority" doesn't give anyone the right to act like a jerk though. If you have a problem w/ someone's posting style please use the on the post. Please don't try to respond in kind or take matters into your own hands as that usually leds to flame wars and a posting style we generally don't support here at DVDtalk. Senior members should know this.

BTW Preditor74 welcome to DVDtalk Once you get to know us you'll see we're really not that bad. Just like everywhere else on the I'net we have our share of characters but we generally try to keep things under control here. When posting though it's always good to try and remember how the reader is going to perceive the post as well since text doesn't always convey emotion very well That's why these silly things were invented
Old 11-16-05, 11:34 AM

I think my brand of humor is lost on some people. Oh, balls.
Old 11-16-05, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i guess im stupid, i thought that each letter was gonna be hand signed/autographed. i guess i dont really see the attraction of it otherwise.
Old 11-16-05, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Arrggghhhh. Hate the new cases. Wish they had just filled the box up with those thin cases that Fox uses for a lot of other titles - like Futerama. That's my favorite type of packaging for TV sets. I hate having to drag out the whole season just to watch one disc!!!
Old 11-16-05, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by scarredgod
i guess im stupid, i thought that each letter was gonna be hand signed/autographed. i guess i dont really see the attraction of it otherwise.
Of the letter, or the set? How can a sale value of (in most cases) nearly $15-$20 per season, saved shelf space, and generally cooler packaging (debatable) be any more attractive? If you were just referring to the letter, then yes I agree, it's basically a pretty thank you note.
Old 11-16-05, 06:13 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
i had to gush. this set is so cool. looks great and everything is so accessible.

Old 11-16-05, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dvd182
Of the letter, or the set? How can a sale value of (in most cases) nearly $15-$20 per season, saved shelf space, and generally cooler packaging (debatable) be any more attractive? If you were just referring to the letter, then yes I agree, it's basically a pretty thank you note.
sorry, youre right, i should have been clearer, if i didnt already have this DVD set, I would have been all over it as well.
Old 11-17-05, 12:46 PM

Heads up. I just got this from Deep Discount Dvd and got 2 seasons sevens in place of my season six. I have to ship it back now. What a pain in the ass.
Old 11-17-05, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Eric D.
Heads up. I just got this from Deep Discount Dvd and got 2 seasons sevens in place of my season six. I have to ship it back now. What a pain in the ass.
Thanks for the heads-up...just checked mine, and all is good.
Old 11-17-05, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Mine's good too, thanks for the word though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.