DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   nightmare on elm street box set (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/432677-nightmare-elm-street-box-set.html)

lickyourelbow 08-01-05 08:16 PM

nightmare on elm street box set

i was wondering if anyone had any info ont eh nightmare on elm street box set. i was going to order it tonight but it has arelease date of 9-6-2005. i know fora fact that it was realsed years ago. does anyone know if this is a rerelease or not? of any other info would be great. thanks.

BILL

ReduxGuy 08-01-05 08:18 PM

What? Where did you see that?

GeoffreyL 08-01-05 08:19 PM

I believe it is scheduled for a price reduction. I'm glad I haven't picked it up yet. It will be mine if DDD has a sale this fall.

Mondo Kane 08-01-05 08:23 PM

Hope it's true. This is one of those sets that I've been waiting forever on for a price reduction.

lickyourelbow 08-01-05 08:23 PM

i saw it on deepdiscountdvd.com for 37 dollars. i'm also glad i hadn't picked it up yet if they are only scheduling a price reduction.

BILL

cajun_junky 08-01-05 08:31 PM

That is an awesome price. I have been holding off for a price reduction and my wish has been granted. Now for a DDD discount and it will be mine finally.

Leechboy 08-01-05 08:50 PM

I would rebuy it if they changed the packaging. I hate those snappers.

metalfan 08-01-05 09:38 PM

DDD is showing this as being full screen I believe. Hopefully it isn't.

caiman 08-01-05 10:12 PM

$37 for this set would be a fucking steal. I paid over twice that.

And I don't believe these movies are available in fullscreen. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Seantn 08-01-05 10:20 PM

DDD is showing this as being full screen I believe. Hopefully it isn't.
No, it says Letterbox AND fullscreen.

digitalfreaknyc 08-01-05 10:27 PM

Any change in them going from snappers to amaray?

Cameron 08-01-05 10:55 PM

it was listed in the latest price reduction thread

MasterofDVD 08-01-05 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Leechboy
I would rebuy it if they changed the packaging. I hate those snappers.

Normally I have no real issue with snappers but in this case I would agree with ya. I only paid about 27.00 for the set brand new way back when it first came out so buying it again wouldn't make me feel too bad.

pilot 08-01-05 11:59 PM

this is a great set.. I won mine from here at dvdtalk (autographed by Renny Harlin) before I became a mod/admin like 4 years ago or something..

yeldarb367 08-02-05 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
Any change in them going from snappers to amaray?

Maybe this is a price reduction and a re-release at the same time. Re-release meaning repackaged. One can only hope. I too dread snappers.

renaldow 08-02-05 12:59 AM

I ordered it. I've been eyeing this set forever, but it was always too much, IMHO. I don't care about the packaging so much, but if it was new packaging and they had the new style slim cases (are those Amaray?) like the F13th set, it would be quite the bonus.

Cameron 08-02-05 01:13 AM

and lose the freddy mural?

mndtrp 08-02-05 01:42 AM

I really like the set, and the cases aren't too big of a deal since it is in a boxed set.

Julie Walker 08-02-05 01:47 AM

This is an excellent deal for all those who have'nt picked it up yet:)

I paid $110 for this + tax back in 2000,and that was the lowest price I could find it at. Oh well,it was worth it at the time and I have no qualms about purchasing it:D

critterdvd 08-02-05 02:27 AM

This and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season One" are the reasons I bought a DVD player in the first place... I paid $90 for it orriginally... This is a steal!

renaldow 08-02-05 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by yeldarb367
Maybe this is a price reduction and a re-release at the same time. Re-release meaning repackaged. One can only hope. I too dread snappers.

I checked New Line's and the official NOES websites and neither of them mention anything about a new set being released. I'm assuming at this point it's the same set, just with a price reduction.

Anybody know if these discs are anamorphic? Not that it matters since I already put in my pre-order, but it would be nice to know.

speedyray 08-02-05 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by renaldow
I checked New Line's and the official NOES websites and neither of them mention anything about a new set being released. I'm assuming at this point it's the same set, just with a price reduction.

Anybody know if these discs are anamorphic? Not that it matters since I already put in my pre-order, but it would be nice to know.

The original set was.

rfduncan 08-02-05 11:41 AM

I got mine from Costco around last Halloween for about $35 IIRC.

Julie Walker 08-02-05 01:16 PM

I noticed the single disc releases were now retailed at $9.99 and can be found for $5 at most places.

It would be nice if they did attempt a rerelease with more extra features(deleted scenes for every film,commentaries etc). But I somehow doubt that will happen anytime soon.

The Lawnmower Man can now be found in the $5 bin(& has been in it for years). I have been hoping they would rerelease the film in the Directors Cut. Since it first came out at the dawn of the format with no suck luck yet. :(

But anyway for the price,and for the time the set came out. It was more than worth the money and I still love the films,which is what matters most:D

The Monkees 08-02-05 01:38 PM

I wish a new set would be released with new commentaries on parts 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 and include the deleted scenes from part 1 and any other deleted scenes they may have.

New Line calls themselves the "House that Freddy Built" but they gave the Jason movies better editions then the Freddy movies. I know this was back in 1999 but still they could have revisited the series last year for the 20th anniversary of the first film.