Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Can't view an alternate ending

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-05, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't view an alternate ending

I noticed that the episode "Alpha" in my Season 6 X-Files set (I believe it was disc #4) has an alternate ending. But I can't just watch it by itself, I have to turn it on and go back and watch the episode to see it. It said that there would be an "X" in the corner to indicate that it was the alternate ending. So I selected the "on" option for it, then went back to the episode and fast-forwarded to the ending. I didn't see any "X" in the corner, and the ending was exactly the same as the normal ending. So it didn't work for some reason. So I went back to the bonus menu and selected "on" once again, and played the episode, fast forwarded to the end, and I still didn't see any "X" and it was still the same ending.

Why can't I watch the alternate ending? Is it a problem with the disc, or could it be a problem with my DVD player? I have a Norcent DP-220. Does anyone know of any other X-Files episodes (any season) that have alternate endings, so I can try to see if they work?
Old 07-30-05, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

All deleted scenes and alternate takes are also on the last disc in the set and can be viewed individually there.
Old 07-31-05, 12:30 PM

Do you have Season 6? I checked the last disc, and the alternate ending for "Alpha" wasn't listed amongst the bonus material on that disc.
Old 07-31-05, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, go here on the last disc:

Special Features-->season 6 special features-->Deleted Scenes-->select more until page 3
Old 07-31-05, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
I found that sometimes the "X" feature is disabled if you use fast-forward or rewind on certain DVD players. That may be the problem. As a poster already mentioned, all the X-Files DVDs repeat these deleted scenes on the final bonus disc.
Old 08-01-05, 12:12 AM

Oh ok thanks, I didn't think that an alternate ending was classified as a deleted scene.

This particular alternate ending didn't make any sense, given that they started it with Mulder putting up the poster, which was right after the dog/man had jumped out the window and landed with that pole thru his chest. The dog/man was supposed to have survived that?!

Also, I notice that Mulder's new poster is slightly different than his original poster.