DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Beware Suncoast Steamboy Bonus DVD (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/432354-beware-suncoast-steamboy-bonus-dvd.html)

Squall280 07-29-05 03:48 PM

Beware Suncoast Steamboy Bonus DVD

I bought the Steamboy DVD at Suncoast because it was the same price as Bestbuy and it was to include a bonus disk. I got home.......no bonus disk.

So just beware.
what is on the bonus disk? anyone?

Liquid Death 07-29-05 03:57 PM

I know awhile back Suncoast had a preview Steamboy freebie DVD - I picked one up, but it wasn't anything special (trailers, maybe a featurette or interview?).

Squall280 07-29-05 06:41 PM

it was a limited bonus dvd. does anyone know what was suppose to be on it?

Eric D. 07-30-05 12:05 AM

Did this come out when the film was going to theaters, or is it out with the DVD now? Thanks.

Cameron 07-30-05 01:09 AM

suncoast has an exclusive disc packed with the regular release of steamboy. It is in the case where the insert should be

Eric D. 07-30-05 02:34 AM

Thanks!

Fincher Fan 07-30-05 02:46 AM

My R4 version is a two-disc set. What are the difference in features between that and the R1 version?

ChrisP 07-30-05 09:06 AM

The bonus disc contains a Japanese 30m doc. on the making of the film which is different from the 10m trailer that was given away earlier. Pretty cool for the otaku but not a must-have.

milo bloom 07-30-05 01:06 PM

So what outlandish price is Suncoast asking for this?
While the big set with the book stuff is nice, it's still kinda expensive, I'd rather the $$ go towards an extra DVD.

Cameron 07-30-05 10:53 PM

for the one with the bonus disc it is 19.99....the gift set is 39.99

eau 08-01-05 04:09 AM

I take that only the regular edition have the bonus disc pack-in.

whotony 08-01-05 11:47 AM

squall, did the packaging say it contaned the extra dvd?

when i was in there the other day i noticed some said bonus dvd included and some didnt.

if yours did, why dont you go back for an exchange?

Cameron 08-01-05 11:55 PM

yah, i don't think you would have much trouble exchanging it for a copy with a bonus disc

CloudVader 08-02-05 04:45 PM

Is this still on sale this week, or was it $19.99 last week only? The nearest store is about an hour from me... grr... wish this was available online. :(

Cameron 08-02-05 10:47 PM

it is still 19.99

Eric D. 08-07-05 04:50 PM

My "Bonus Disc" is nothing more than a "bonus cd featuring songs from the Steamboy soundtrack". Are there two different bonus discs for this? One being the documentary mentioned above, and the other being this cd? Because the one I got did have a sticker on the box claiming to have an exclusive bonus disc. Strange.

xage 07-16-06 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Squall280
I bought the Steamboy DVD at Suncoast because it was the same price as Bestbuy and it was to include a bonus disk. I got home.......no bonus disk.

So just beware.
what is on the bonus disk? anyone?

I dont know what Steamboy you bought from Suncoast. But Im pretty sure that what you shared was false.

During that time, when I bought mine, I was handed this bonus "Excliusive/Limited Steamboy DVD".

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/xage00/steam.jpg

eau 07-23-06 04:39 PM

What's on that "Exclusive/Limited Steamboy DVD"?

Peep 07-23-06 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by xage
I dont know what Steamboy you bought from Suncoast. But Im pretty sure that what you shared was false.

During that time, when I bought mine, I was handed this bonus "Excliusive/Limited Steamboy DVD".

How was what he shared false? He opened his up - no bonus disk. You can't argue that. He didn't realize that the disc was packaged separately.

xage 07-23-06 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Peep
How was what he shared false? He opened his up - no bonus disk. You can't argue that. He didn't realize that the disc was packaged separately.

Look at his two posts in this thread... He is complaning about Suncoast not having Bonus disc, he even entitled the thread of a warning about Suncoast's Steamboy. Yet.. howcome he insist on asking what is with the bonus disc. Now.. have you seen him follow-up his post?

He directed his bent frustration in this forum without even going back and complain to suncoast. And if you are contesting that "he didnt realize the disc was packaged separately" then why did he post his conclusion (which goes back to my statement.. a FALSE info) immediately here?

cerial442 07-23-06 11:34 PM

This thread was started a year ago, why was this bumped?

Peep 07-24-06 12:27 AM

Look at his two posts in this thread... He is complaning about Suncoast not having Bonus disc, he even entitled the thread of a warning about Suncoast's Steamboy. Yet.. howcome he insist on asking what is with the bonus disc. Now.. have you seen him follow-up his post?

He directed his bent frustration in this forum without even going back and complain to suncoast. And if you are contesting that "he didnt realize the disc was packaged separately" then why did he post his conclusion (which goes back to my statement.. a FALSE info) immediately here?

There is nothing about his statements to lead me to believe that he didn't think that the disc was packaged inside the box. Then he goes on to ask if anybody knew what was "supposed" to be on it - still implying that he's not convince that it ever was produced.

Why do you insist to make him out to be a liar?

xage 07-24-06 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Peep
There is nothing about his statements to lead me to believe that he didn't think that the disc was packaged inside the box. Then he goes on to ask if anybody knew what was "supposed" to be on it - still implying that he's not convince that it ever was produced.

Why do you insist to make him out to be a liar?

If he is not convinced, or God knows what happened to his purchased steamboy.. he left the thread with a misconception that Suncoast does not provide any exclusive offer.. therefore he is a liar.

xage 07-24-06 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by cerial442
This thread was started a year ago, why was this bumped?

As long as a thread is open and not locked a member can respond and share his/her opinion.

Use your commonsense please..

Peep 07-24-06 01:35 AM

If he is not convinced, or God knows what happened to his purchased steamboy.. he left the thread with a misconception that Suncoast does not provide any exclusive offer.. therefore he is a liar.

Anybody with a misconception = liar

Dude, check out a dictionary.