Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Residents of Manchester/Nashua, NH Please Help!

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 07-28-05, 10:55 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?

My employer is sending me to the Manchester/Nashua, NH area for a week beginning this Sunday to help assist some of our company's retailers in the region. For anyone living in the area, can you provide some insight into any "can't miss" places for picking up cheap or rare (OOP) DVDs and autographed or otherwise rare merchandise from neighboring celebrity Stephen King? On the cheap angle, I'm looking for prices lower than Best Buy (DVDs) and Borders/Barnes and Noble (books); if it's something OOP, rare or autographed, then recommend it whether the place is cheap or not. Also, any other non-DVD/collectibles recommendations for a tourist to the area would be welcome. Thanks!
Old 07-28-05, 11:00 AM

Don't know about autographed items, but Newbury Comics is great for used DVD's. They have locations in Manchester and Nashua. http://newburycomics.com/
Old 07-28-05, 11:14 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
I'll check it out, but I have a knee-jerk revulsion to used DVDs. Hopefully some worthwhile retailers of factory-sealed DVDs are around...
Old 07-28-05, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd definitely recommend Newbury Comics -- in addition to a great used selection, they also have a lot of new titles, music, comic/pop culture-related merchandise, etc. It's worth stopping by. (Although, in fairness, I've never been to any of the NH locations.) In terms of OOP items, you may have good luck there. I've done a double-take more than once there after seeing something amazing sitting on the shelf.

I've lived in Maine and Massachusetts nearly my entire life and I'm not aware of any local stores that have anything King-related that you couldn't find anywhere else. If you're looking for King rarities, I'd recommend http://www.overlookconnection.com/
Old 07-28-05, 12:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bboisvert
I'd definitely recommend Newbury Comics -- in addition to a great used selection, they also have a lot of new titles, music, comic/pop culture-related merchandise, etc. It's worth stopping by. (Although, in fairness, I've never been to any of the NH locations.) In terms of OOP items, you may have good luck there. I've done a double-take more than once there after seeing something amazing sitting on the shelf.
Great! Will do!

Originally Posted by bboisvert
I've lived in Maine and Massachusetts nearly my entire life and I'm not aware of any local stores that have anything King-related that you couldn't find anywhere else.
How surprising, and disappointing...
Old 07-28-05, 12:09 PM
Banned

I just checked www.overlookconnection.com; Mother of God, I had no idea King's signature fetched those numbers! Looks like my hopes of tracking down an autographed book from him for less than $100 was a pipe dream, local region or not.