DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   3rd Rock - Best Buy bonus disc? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/431889-3rd-rock-best-buy-bonus-disc.html)

dollfins1 08-01-05 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Liquid Death
Mine doesn't talk either - didn't bother to check in the store - but I don't think its worth an exchange. Mine had the booklet & ad, but it wasn't in the folder, it was between the voice panel and the digipak with the discs.

try pressing right by jane curtains knees. thats where the talking mechanism is on mine. took a while to find it without damaging the box.

sman113 08-01-05 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by yeldarb367
I didn't get a book and it doesn't talk. Is Best Buy cooperative in situations like this? Seems like they might try and accuse me of flat out losing it or something. Hopefully they will just let me open another one right in front of them.

Best Buy has always been pretty cooperative when i exchanged an open DVD b/c it was missing something. Its happened twice where i bought a movie that said it came with a movie ticket for something, but there was none in the box. With Xmen 1.5, the manager had to open three of them before he found with with the ticket for X2 (all had stickers saying a ticket was included). I guess they could have been dicks about it and said i must be tryign to screw them and get two tickets, but they were very helpful.

dvd-fanman 08-01-05 06:00 PM

The 3rd Rock Boxes that have the talking chips in them are thicker than the regular boxes. Turn the box to the side if you see about a 1 inch "box" to the left of the compartment that holds the DVD (when you are able to take the DVDs out of the box when it is facing you) then you have a chip version. If not, you don't. You should also have a sticker on the box that says, "I talk" or something to that effect. I found only 2 sets that talked and had the Bonus content at the BB I went to last Saturday.

yeldarb367 08-01-05 07:03 PM

I went to exchange my bookletless copy today and was told that the entire batch at my Best Buy came without them. Apparentely several people came in with the same problem. They said it was a manufacturer's defect and that I should just try back in a week or two, once the current batch has been sold. Any chance I could contact Anchor Bay and have them send me the booklet? That seems reasonable since the problem is widespread.

Eric D. 08-02-05 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by yeldarb367
I went to exchange my bookletless copy today and was told that the entire batch at my Best Buy came without them. Apparentely several people came in with the same problem. They said it was a manufacturer's defect and that I should just try back in a week or two, once the current batch has been sold. Any chance I could contact Anchor Bay and have them send me the booklet? That seems reasonable since the problem is widespread.

If it's that widespread, then I say go for it. Anchor Bay has always been really cool about returns in my experience, (I have done it about 4 times), and they never gave me a difficult time.

calhoun07 08-05-05 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by dvd-fanman
The 3rd Rock Boxes that have the talking chips in them are thicker than the regular boxes. Turn the box to the side if you see about a 1 inch "box" to the left of the compartment that holds the DVD (when you are able to take the DVDs out of the box when it is facing you) then you have a chip version. If not, you don't. You should also have a sticker on the box that says, "I talk" or something to that effect. I found only 2 sets that talked and had the Bonus content at the BB I went to last Saturday.

My set has a sticker that says it talks, but it does not. It's not a deal breaker for me, but if I have a defective box, I'd like a replacement. Do all the sets with the sticker have this chip>

stardork13 08-09-05 12:34 AM

My set I got at Best Buy did not include a booklet, and it does not talk. I didn't even know that any of them talked and it didn't say it talked, so I don't have a problem about that. I just e-mailed Anchor Bay earlier today about the booklet and am hoping for a reply soon.

darmok 08-11-05 02:54 PM

stardork, any reply from anchorbay yet? i'm in the same boat.

stardork13 08-11-05 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by darmok
stardork, any reply from anchorbay yet? i'm in the same boat.

Not yet. It said for a reply "2-4 days, depending on amount of e-mail traffic." Its day 3, so hopefully a reply by tomorrow.

stardork13 08-15-05 01:46 PM

To darmok and anyone else with the same problem.
I just got an e-mai from anchorbay today:

"Hello,

We at Anchor Bay entertainment sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. We would like to replace your copy as soon as possible. In order to do so we will need you home address.
"

So just e-mail anchorbay if your booklet was missing too and probably include your home address. Hope that helps some people out!

darmok 08-15-05 02:33 PM

hi stardork, thanks for the update! but does the booklet include the talking chip? i ask because my copy from bestbuy does not talk (no matter how hard i try to press all over the box), and i haven't opened it up yet for fear of not being able to exchange it.

stardork13 08-15-05 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by darmok
hi stardork, thanks for the update! but does the booklet include the talking chip? i ask because my copy from bestbuy does not talk (no matter how hard i try to press all over the box), and i haven't opened it up yet for fear of not being able to exchange it.

I don't know if it comes with the talking chip. I didn't ask them about it because mine didn't talk (it didn't have a sticker or anything). My box set didn't come with the talking chip. I didn't even know that any of them talked untill it was mentioned here. I guess you could tell them that yours was supposed to talk, but it doesn't. I don't know. Sorry.

stardork13 08-20-05 06:27 PM

Got the booklet in the mail yesterday. So it didn't take long at all. It came in a yellow envelope with only the booklet. It did not come with a soundchip or anything else.