DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Friends Season 10 date!

Old 07-27-05, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

From www.tvshowsondvd.com

Our friends over at Warner Bros have sent over information on the extras, and a shot at the collector's box which will hold all 10 seasons.

Season 10 extras include:
Commentary by Kevin S. Bright, Marta Kauffman and David Crane on "The One with the Late Thanksgiving"
Commentary by Kevin S. Bright, Marta Kauffman and David Crane on "The One Where the Stripper Cries"
Commentary by Kevin S. Bright, Marta Kauffman and David Crane on "The Last One" (part 1 & 2)
"Friends of Friends" part IV (includes Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd and Aisha Tyler)
"Joey Joey" music video (all new music video featuring Matt LeBlanc, directed by Kevin S. Bright)
"Friends Final Thoughts" (all new featurette that includes interviews w/ the cast and producers on the final days of Friends)
Over 42 minute Gag Reel (all new, includes Seasons 1-5 and Season 10)
Here's a look at the big box which will hold all 10 seasons of the show. It sounds like Warner Bros is trying to find a way to allow customers who have bought the previous sets to obtain the box. We're very happy to see a studio that is supporting the customers that have purchased the previous sets.

Link to box set photo: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3772

No theme song music video, and no cast commentaries. Not really surprised by that one. Very much looking forward to S10, though, and very glad that Warner is working on getting the boxes to those that have already bought 1-9 (like me and pretty much everyone else).

Last edited by LasVegasMichael; 07-27-05 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-27-05, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Glad to hear that WB is considering making the big box available to those who own the other Friends sets, though I hope they don't make it too difficult to obtain - I've used my POP tabs for the rebates.
Old 07-27-05, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They should just do like anime releases. Have 1 just be Season 10, and another item be Season 10 with Series Box.
Old 07-27-05, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Liquid Death
Glad to hear that WB is considering making the big box available to those who own the other Friends sets, though I hope they don't make it too difficult to obtain - I've used my POP tabs for the rebates.
There are more than just one tab in the season sets.
Old 07-27-05, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

well...i really don't see why it's hard for companies to find ways to release the box only for the fans who picked up the previous season sets.they don't have to bother to create a website for the boxes like new line did for the LOTR boxes.just attach the boxset with the final season! just likes animes! even if they have to price it for like 5$ more it would be ok.
Old 07-27-05, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I hope they find a way to let us get the box. I want that badly. Come on, hook us up please.
Old 07-27-05, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The box set case looks great. I want it. But very sad to hear that the Rembrandts theme song video is not being released. Why? Is it that hard to put on the season 10 set? Its on the Series Finale DVD. Doesn't make any sense.
Old 07-28-05, 01:04 AM

Holy fuck, that box looks great. I'm probably SOL even if they do let people who've bought all the sets have/buy it because I don't live in N. America
Old 08-19-05, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Why is this a bad thing? If you pick up S10 there will be a mail-in certificate. I'd rather have it this way than to set up a website where people who don't own any the series can buy up boxes to eBay or whatever.
well the problem is that i don't live in the US!!!
Old 08-19-05, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by QuikSilver
The box set case looks great. I want it. But very sad to hear that the Rembrandts theme song video is not being released. Why? Is it that hard to put on the season 10 set? Its on the Series Finale DVD. Doesn't make any sense.
Probably cause they figured they already put it on the Season Finale dvd. Its still out there for the folks that need that video. All in the marketing. Hoewever I'll be mailing in for that box just as I did with Homer's head