DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Carlito's Way Ultimate Edition - coming 9/20/05!!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/430658-carlitos-way-ultimate-edition-coming-9-20-05-a.html)

Mike Lowrey 07-15-05 01:41 PM

Carlito's Way Ultimate Edition - coming 9/20/05!!!

DVDAnswers reports that...

Universal has announced an ultimate edition of the Brian De Palma directed Carlito's Way which stars Al Pacino and Sean Penn. The disc will be available to own from the 20th September this year, and should retail at around $22.98. The film itself will be presented in 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen, along with both English DTS 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround tracks. Extras will include a Brian De Palma on Carlito's Way featurette, deleted scenes, a Making of Carlito's Way featurette, a photo and poster gallery, an original promotional featurette, and the theatrical trailer.
No cover artwork available yet, but there's a couple menu shots at the link.

Mr. Cinema 07-15-05 01:58 PM

No I can officially stop looking for the "Collector's Edition".

RyoHazuki 07-15-05 02:08 PM

Didn't this just get re-released a few months ago?

lotsofdvds 07-15-05 02:10 PM

That doesn't sound very ultimate. However since I never found that CE I'll have to pick this one up.

scott shelton 07-15-05 02:24 PM

Good lord...

ShagMan 07-15-05 02:25 PM

thanks for posting in an existing thread buddy.

lotsofdvds 07-15-05 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by ShagMan

Can you post in a nonexisting thread?

D-Ball 07-15-05 03:22 PM

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424920

Tarantino 07-15-05 03:42 PM

No need to be a dick, buddy.

= J

ShagMan 07-15-05 03:57 PM

normally I'd be nicer, but the OP has a bad habit of doing it, plus the "other thread" was already on the first page, front and center, with the release date in the title.

Joe Molotov 07-15-05 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
That doesn't sound very ultimate. However since I never found that CE I'll have to pick this one up.

Considering that the "Collector's Edition" contained a 35-minute Making-Of and a photo gallery (and forced trailers on the re-release -ohbfrank- ), this seems pretty "Ultimate" in comparison.

PixyJunket 07-15-05 04:01 PM

Now that's cool.

digitalfreaknyc 07-15-05 05:00 PM

I'd just like to say "fuck you, Universal and btw, here's my ass. Please kiss it."

Mike Lowrey 07-15-05 05:14 PM

normally I'd be nicer, but the OP has a bad habit of doing it, plus the "other thread" was already on the first page, front and center, with the release date in the title.

No it wasn't. I scanned the first page looking for a thread before I posted.

auto 07-15-05 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey
No it wasn't. I scanned the first page looking for a thread before I posted.

Well, that thread had a post at 2:23pm and you started this thread a little over 2 hours later. I guess it is hard to say whether or not it was on the first page or not. Either way, a SEARCH would have probably dug it up.

Man, I'm bored.

Fincher Fan 07-16-05 12:54 AM

I already have the current "special edition" so no commentary, no upgrade.

JZ1276 07-16-05 02:33 AM

who cares if he posted the same thread. Hes trying to give everyone a heads up on this release and people are bitching...take off the panties and stop being so sensitive nancy

nemein 07-16-05 02:57 AM

who cares if he posted the same thread.
There's a generally accepted rule here to not repost/start multiple threads on the exact same topic. Doing so keeps things more concise/makes it easier for people to get the info they need and know which thread to post in.