DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Scrubs Season 2 (Nov. 15th) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/429177-scrubs-season-2-nov-15th.html)

Perkinsun Dzees 07-24-05 03:56 PM

Tara Reid gave the show something it lacked -- sex appeal!

speedy1961 07-31-05 01:00 PM

Latest info:

Scrubs - 2nd Season Press Release Confirms Date, LOTS of Extras!
Posted by David Lambert (TVSHOWSONDVD.COM)
7/31/2005

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Emmy Award Nominated For Outstanding Comedy Series 2005
Zach Braff Nominated for 2005 Emmy Award, Outstanding Lead Actor In A Comedy Series

SCRUBS SEASON 2

Includes Outrageous Bonus Features and the Original, Unedited Music
On DVD November 15

BURBANK, Calif., July 29, 2005 - Experience every episode of the hilarious second season of TV's hottest comedy Scrubs with SCRUBS Season 2, the Emmy and Golden Globe nominated television show starring Zach Braff (Garden State), available in a collectible DVD box set on November 15. SCRUBS received four Emmy nominations in 2005, including Outstanding Comedy Series and Zach Braff for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series.

J.D. (Braff) returns for his second year at Sacred Heart Hospital, filled with new relationships, medical mistakes and the intimidating janitor. With guest stars galore and a line-up of never-before-seen, outrageous bonus features, SCRUBS Season 2 is a must-have DVD. The DVD box set is available for $39.99 (S.R.P.) from Touchstone Television and Buena Vista Home Entertainment.

SCRUBS SEASON 2 features all 22 episodes of the second season and includes the original and unedited music. Bonus features include: one on one interview with John C. McGinley, audio commentaries with cast and creator, deleted scenes, outtakes, featurette on the show's music, and much more.

Zach Braff stars as J.D., a medical resident at Sacred Heart Hospital. Joining the rumpled J.D. are fellow residents Turk (Donald Faison, Clueless), Elliot Reid (Sarah Chalke, TV's Roseanne). Dr. Cox (John C. McGinley, Office Space), the intimidating janitor (Neil Flynn, Mean Girls), Dr. Kelso (Ken Jenkins, The Sum of All Fears) and the feisty Nurse Carla (Judy Reyes, Oz). The second season features guest stars Heather Locklear (Spin City) as Dr. Cox's sexy girlfriend, Rick Schroder (NYPD Blue) as Elliot's handsome doctor friend, Tom Cavanagh (Ed) as J.D.'s brother, and the late, great John Ritter as J.D.'s father. Lela Lee (Curb Your Enthusiasm, Felicity) and legendary star Dick Van Dyke also have guest roles.

SCRUBS SEASON 2 BONUS FEATURES

JOHNNY C. KEEPS TALKING
One-on-one with John C. McGinley
SECRETS AND LIES
The truth about gossip, jokes and stories revealed
MUSICAL STYLINGS
Find out how songs are chosen and enhance the show
PRACTICE, PRACTICE, MALPRACTICE - OUTTAKES
IMAGINATION GONE WILD
The cast gives exclusive insights into dream sequences
SCRUBBED OUT - DELETED SCENES
ALTERNATE LINES: A SECOND OPINION
A RARE CONDITION
Behind the scenes on production design, wardrobe and stunts
STUNT CASTING
J.D.'S MOJO
AUDIO COMMENTARIES WITH CREATOR AND CAST

STREET DATE: November 15, 2005
Suggested retail price: $39.99 (3 Disc DVD)
Feature running time: Approximately 479 minutes
DVD aspect ratio: 1.33:1, formatted 4x3
Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
Language: English audio

onebyone 07-31-05 01:32 PM

Oh my that is a good assortment of extras. *Drool*

Bobou2 08-01-05 01:21 AM

and includes the original and unedited music
Why not for season 1????
Great news......Nov. can't come fast enough

Skoobooz 08-01-05 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Bobou2
Why not for season 1????

I know at least Five For Fighting didn't want their song used (though you can hear it pretty clearly on the commentary track, which is funny). As for any other changed songs, I don't know.

heavy liquid 08-01-05 09:38 AM

Can't wait for season 2. Extras sound great, and it'll be nice to have all of the original music for season 2 unlike the first season.

slightly off topic: I've been watching season 3 over, and has anyone else noticed that there's a lot of songs that were featured in Scrubs that turned up in Braff's Garden State? Just thought it was kind of interesting...

Quack 08-02-05 05:32 PM

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/coverart.html

Cover art is there for the 2nd season of Scrubs.

speedy1961 08-03-05 08:34 AM

Scrubs - Package Art for 2nd Season: J.D. Gloves Up!
Posted by David Lambert
8/03/2005

A few days ago we brought you the press release for Scrubs - The Complete 2nd Season, due on November 15th (along with box sets of Friends, Charmed, Three's Company, The Flintstones, Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Home Movies...whew, did I forget any?). Thanks to two of our readers - Dean and Nick - who separately sent messages in overnight, we now have a look at the box art for this package. It comes to us courtesy of Amazon.com's pre-order listing, where you can lock in a price right away of $27.99 (that's 30% off the $39.99 SRP). Here's that picture:
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

PGHFlyer 10-23-05 08:34 AM

Of course, Best Buy has gotten another of their "exclusive" bonus discs for this set.........for the rip-off price of $34.99 (atleast right now).

Skoobooz 10-23-05 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by jkzahn
Of course, Best Buy has gotten another of their "exclusive" bonus discs for this set.........for the rip-off price of $34.99 (atleast right now).

What's on it? Link?

digitalfreaknyc 10-23-05 09:48 AM

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....cat74800050006

DJLinus 10-23-05 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by jkzahn

We're still a few weeks from the release date. I'd think that the price will be lowered on release week. BB sold season 1 for $29.99 when it first came out.

reubs82 10-23-05 12:46 PM

FYE is gonna have this at 22.99 after rebate...a steal if you ask me. I can't wait to get this season.

Comfort Eagle 10-23-05 05:02 PM

Hopefully there will be a combo deal on both seasons as Im late in picking up the first season.

0rac 11-03-05 04:45 PM

We posted 40+ images from the DVD, at zach-braff.com

also all the music on the dvd is the same as from when it aired on TV

any more questions, I'll try to answer cause I have a copy in my hand.

Snowmaker 11-14-05 07:56 AM

Anyone know what's going to be on the Best Buy bonus disk?

EdTheRipper 11-14-05 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Anyone know what's going to be on the Best Buy bonus disk?

According to Best Buy, there will be "20 minutes of extra footage, including "Marital Bliss" and "Alternate Lines."

Michael Corvin 11-14-05 08:21 AM

But is it worth the price trade-off? The set can be had at DDD for around $22 (no tax & free shipping) tomorrow. I'm looking at $32 in store with tax(6%). $10 for one of their bonus discs seems a bit high.

Is this disc sealed to the set again, or is it seperate?

EdTheRipper 11-14-05 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
But is it worth the price trade-off? The set can be had at DDD for around $22 (no tax & free shipping) tomorrow. I'm looking at $32 in store with tax(6%). $10 for one of their bonus discs seems a bit high.

Is this disc sealed to the set again, or is it seperate?

Judging from the image at Best Buy's website, it's sealed to the back of the box.

Michael Corvin 11-14-05 09:42 AM

BTW, I ordered the first set from the site and did not receive the bonus disc. It was the second time for me that it had happened. They advertise one thing and send you another. I filed a complaint with the BBB and BB (that is a lot of 'Bs') sent me a gift card. I just received it last week. Not sure how much is on it, as the apology letter did not say.

pinata242 11-14-05 10:04 AM

For the exact same reason, I'm going DDD for this. I can't justify $10 more after tax (8.5%) for a 20 minute bonus disc. It just doesn't make sense.

Giles 11-14-05 10:30 AM

I'm just gonna price match Circuit City price of 27.99 for the Best Buy version - the morons at the Tenleytown BB couldn't care less or recognize that there's a Best Buy exclusive bonus disc to not justify matching the price.

Giles 11-14-05 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees

yet her acting was sooo subpar.

kms_md 11-14-05 10:47 AM

i'm going with ddd as well (assuming there are no drastic price fluctuations overnight).

Michael Corvin 11-14-05 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees

I'll take TCW* over Tara Ried any day.

*Tasty Coma Wife - i.e. Amy Smart