DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Unleashed - Jet Li - October 11th, 2005 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/428379-unleashed-jet-li-october-11th-2005-a.html)

fryinpan1 06-27-05 05:24 AM

Unleashed - Jet Li - October 11th, 2005

I will probably pick this up as a blind buy:

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?...6991&n=1&burl=

Title: Unleashed
Starring: Jet Li
Released: 11th October 2005
SRP: $29.98

Further Details
Universal has sent over details on rated and unrated editions of Unleashed which stars Jet Li, Morgan Freeman and Bob Hoskins. The film, (also known as Danny the Dog), will be available to own from the 11th October this year, and should retail at around $29.98. Both rated and unrated discs will carry a 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer, along with English Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 Surround tracks. Extras will include an interview with director Louis Letterrier, deleted scenes, a Serve No Master featurette, a Collar Comes Off featurette, a "Atta Boy" Massive Attack Music Video, and "Unleash Me" - The RZA Music Video. Universal hasn't released the artwork for these yet, but we'll bring you that shortly.

joshualane 06-27-05 06:40 AM

I plan to do the same. I'm not sure what the "unrated" version will include, but should be good regardless.

ianholm 06-27-05 07:51 AM

Great news. :up: I wanted to see this in the theater, but it disappeared pretty quickly.

Cosmic Bus 06-27-05 08:02 AM

I had planned on grabbing the R3 release at the end of July, but now this unrated version has me wondering if it's genuinely better, or did they just offer up an edited version in US theaters to begin with? Wouldn't be the first time.

Geofferson 06-27-05 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by ianholm
Great news. :up: I wanted to see this in the theater, but it disappeared pretty quickly.

Same here. I heard great things about it, so will probably pick up the Unrated edition as a blind buy.

NatrlBornThrllr 06-27-05 08:37 AM

I actually saw the movie in theaters, and I'll be doing the exact opposite of everybody who hasn't: I'm definitely not buying this. I'd recommend a rental before a blind-buy.

-JP

scott shelton 06-27-05 09:38 AM

A great action film. Solid performances all around. Besson and Li are a fantastic team.

Big Worms 06-27-05 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Geofferson
Same here. I heard great things about it, so will probably pick up the Unrated edition as a blind buy.

Same goes for me.

Dan1boy 06-27-05 01:14 PM

Indeed. This film was outstanding...one of my favorite Jet Li performances. The fight scenes are fun and the story is interesting. Not your standard mindless-action fare. Definitely will be picking it up.

RyoHazuki 06-27-05 02:21 PM

This unrated crap is getting out of hand.

Giles 06-27-05 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by RyoHazuki
This unrated crap is getting out of hand.

I agree, why don't they just call it the European Theatrical cut.

Tarantino 06-27-05 02:40 PM

I have a hard time understanding why people would get mad at the 'unrated' thing. I mean, we on this forum know it's mostly marketing, so who cares?

= J

Big Worms 06-27-05 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tarantino
I have a hard time understanding why people would get mad at the 'unrated' thing. I mean, we on this forum know it's mostly marketing, so who cares?

= J

And at least it is offered right away. I would get more pissed off if they release a theatrical cut and then few months later release an unrated edition. Give me a choice from the start and I am happy.

fumanstan 06-27-05 03:14 PM

I enjoyed this quite a bit in the theater. I'll probably buy it on DVD.

Rammsteinfan 06-27-05 05:49 PM

I figured they would call the uncut one DANNY THE DOG like they did with LEON. BUt
guess not.

mrhan 06-27-05 06:17 PM

I can't wait for the R1 release and went ahead and ordered the R3 version; getting it probably by the end of next month.

Ianscloset 06-27-05 06:43 PM

This movie was SO good!!! Luc Besson is a GOD! I cant wait for this release on DVD...

SuckaMC 06-27-05 07:47 PM

unrated here will hopefully mean a little more violence. I saw this and really like even though I was iffy about seeing it. Good old school action and the family story comes of nice and doesn't get out of hand. Buying it

The Ferret 06-27-05 09:43 PM

Decent movie, definately not worth a buy in my eyes, but worth a view.

atari2600 06-27-05 10:35 PM

man i wanted to see this but i didnt even realize it came to the theaters and is done already! that was quick!

theneobez 06-27-05 10:57 PM

Very solid movie, too bad it didn't have greater success in the box office, looking forward to this release.

RocShemp 06-27-05 11:34 PM

Loved this movie and will be getting it. If the unrated version is, as I assume, the European theatrical cut, it wont have more violence as the director has stated that US cut was action oriented and the French cut was story oriented. So I'm sure the unrated cut will just have more scenes with the family and such.

That is sure to piss off those that get taken in by the hope of extra violence in an unrated cut.

LorenzoL 06-27-05 11:42 PM

I'm looking forward to watching this movie.

woofman 06-28-05 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I'm looking forward to watching this movie.

Ditto

RocShemp 06-29-05 12:34 AM

They have the artwork for the unrated version up. It's nothing special, though. Just the US theatrical poster with a big UNRATED label across it.