Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Family Guy Straight-to-DVD Movie 9/27/05

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-05, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They premiered the movie at the Montreal Comedy Festival on Saturday, we went up for the Just for Laughs thing to see the Comedy Central Daily Show "Secrets Revealed" with Steven Colbert and Samantha Bee....While walking up the strip, I saw that they were premiering the movie along with commentary by Steve Callaghan and Mike Henry (the voice of Cleveland)....

...how awesome a suprise was this, there was a line of people at the place over 2 hours before it started! All and all it was a pretty good movie, not the best Family Guy material, but not the worst, we enjoyed it!

http://www.montrealmirror.com/2005/072105/film2.html
Old 07-25-05, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I watched the movie last night. Awesome. cant wait to buy it in Sept. The credits do show that its a 3 part show. There are 3 episode titles given during the credits.

Part 1: Stewie B Good
Part 2: Bango was His Name Oh!
Part 3: Stu and Stewie's Excellent Adventure
Old 07-25-05, 10:45 PM
Banned

watched it today, funny, not the best FG stuff, but its the best straight to dvd animated movie Ive seen, wow that narrows it down, but overall it was great

I also watched this, I enjoyed but it was different from what I was used to

Spoiler:

no long over exaggerated jokes and a diff feel. It also just didnt feel like a movie. Im not saying i didnt like it, I mean I loved it but does anyone get the same feeling. I know im going to get flamed especially since it IS Family Guy, but the plot wasnt strong and I really didnt like the whole before and after movie thing, but except for that I loved it
Old 07-26-05, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You know what really grinds my gears?

Those who have seen it will get it. I liked the SW jokes, Ferris Bueller homage, and the terrorist jokes.
Old 07-26-05, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Ferris Bueller bit was brilliant.

And while not a prude by any stretch of the imagination, I found it uncomfortable hearing Lois use the F-word.
Old 07-26-05, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Ferris Bueller bit was the best part of all three episodes.

While I thought it was hysterical, a good majority of the jokes they went with they could've gotten away with on network TV (and by network TV, I mean FOX). The only thing that seemed "outrageous" for me were the uses of the word "fuck." I wish they could've been a little more ballsier...
Old 07-26-05, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by SFranke
I'm surprised Fox doesn't put this movie in the theaters first. It would've been a great opportunity to make some money.
That probably tells us the quality of the flick if they're not going to put it into theatres first. Although itsn't a two hour movie, it still would make money.
Old 07-26-05, 08:01 PM
Premium Member

Received 695 Likes on 465 Posts
Originally Posted by Ben86
That probably tells us the quality of the flick if they're not going to put it into theatres first. Although itsn't a two hour movie, it still would make money.
Eh, whatever you wanna think. It's pretty good.
Old 07-26-05, 08:21 PM

How the heck did you all see this anyhow?
Old 07-26-05, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by The Cow
Eh, whatever you wanna think. It's pretty good.
Ah well, I guess I speak to soon. I should see it first.
Old 07-26-05, 08:36 PM
Banned

It really is not fit at all to be a movie. Feels like a long episode. And how did we all get it? umm cant say
Old 07-26-05, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by KissyFurNYC
How the heck did you all see this anyhow?
It was recently leaked
Old 07-27-05, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Originally Posted by Flave
And while not a prude by any stretch of the imagination, I found it uncomfortable hearing Lois use the F-word.
I felt the exact opposite. The timing and context of that F-bomb had me ROTFLMAO.

It was the quick throw-away lines that had be laughing the hardest
Spoiler:
Lois: "That's why I went back to men." and "That's why now I'm pro-choice."

For the sake of my children (4 and 6 y/o) who ADORE FG, I hope they have a 'sanitized' version available soon.........
Old 07-27-05, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Jobronie
For the sake of my children (4 and 6 y/o) who ADORE FG, I hope they have a 'sanitized' version available soon.........
Are there such? I wouldnt think this show would appeal to kids at all. The Simpsons does, but not this one.

I watched it too....Liked it alot, especially the appearances at the beginning of
Spoiler:
greased up deaf guy and the evil monkey
Old 07-27-05, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 250 Likes on 185 Posts
Ehh I honestly felt that this movie was kind of draining. It felt like a very good family guy episode stretched to an hour and a half. I will watch it again tho. **Knock Knock**
Old 07-27-05, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Ben86
The reason why it wasn't done to be a big huge theatrical film was because Seth and the boys are also currently working on a string of 35 complete episodes, 10 of which had already aired. It's much easier for them to do a DVD release than to put a lot of time into a big screen movie which would end up taking time away from him for publicity that he does'nt have time for. So as far as the 'quality' goes well, they are going to air three episodes as part of season 5, which I believe begins to air on September 11th? Saw a commercial saying they start a new season at that time. So anyways, they'll obviously be 'tv friendly' normal family guy episodes while this DVD should be just more offensive language wise. So, it was made to be able to be on TV as well. So, take it or leave it. But so far, most of the reviews from fans online say it's pretty good.
Old 07-27-05, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tubemen was the funniest part

This was good, but sort of petered out (no pun intended) towards the end.
Old 07-27-05, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

from home media retailing

'Family Guy' Pays Back DVD Biz
Author: THOMAS K. ARNOLD
[email protected]
Posted: June 20, 2005

Seth MacFarlane said he’s “very excited” about the long-awaited direct-to-DVD “Family Guy” feature he’s now preparing for a Sept. 27 release by Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment.

“It’s been an enormous undertaking, to juggle this with doing 35 new episodes of the show, but we think it turned out great,” MacFarlane said of the film, his first-ever full-length feature.

The 83-minute, unrated Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story ($29.98) is based on the animated “Family Guy” series MacFarlane created for Fox Television in the late 1990s. The irreverent series, aimed at adults rather than kids, went on the air in early 1999 and was canceled in 2002, only to be resurrected last month due to overwhelming demand for the show on DVD.

The first DVD set sold more than 2.5 million units, the second-highest sales tally of any TV DVD release save the first season of “Chappelle’s Show,” and two subsequent packages lifted the franchise’s total sales to an estimated 4.5 million units.

That prompted Fox to take the unprecedented step of bringing the show back on the air. The new season debuted in early May and has since featured a bevy of guest voice talent, including Drew Barrymore, Jessica Biel, Jennifer Tilly and the original “Batman,” Adam West.

Family Guy Presents is something of a “thank you” to the shows’ fans who bought so many DVDs, MacFarlane said. “Fox had such a great amount of success with the previous DVD releases that I think they felt there was a built-in, surefire market for a ‘Family Guy’ DVD,” he said. “It’s also a lot easier to put out a DVD release than it is a theatrical film while you’re doing a television series.”

Family Guy Presents finds Stewie, the maniacal baby genius, having a near-death experience that prompts him to change his ways. Instead of seeking to dominate the world, he sets out on a road trip to find his real dad.

Guest vocal talent includes Barrymore and Ron Livingston, as well as three cast members from “Beverly Hills 90210” — Jason Priestley, Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling — “in a special gag,” MacFarlane said.

The DVD will include several special features, such as deleted scenes, still galleries, animatics and a commentary MacFarlane plans on taping this week.

“We also sandwiched special features around the movie,” he said. “It begins with an animated movie premiere, with the family arriving to watch it, and then there’s an after-party at the end.”

Fox plans the biggest marketing campaign ever for a TV-spawned release, according to division worldwide president Mike Dunn. The release is a big deal for Fox, Dunn said. “It’s the first direct-to-video ever made off a TV franchise,” he noted.

Fans of “Family Guy” “have really gotten into the habit of buying it on DVD, and this is a prime opportunity to give it to them directly,” added Fox SVP of marketing communications Steve Feldstein.
Old 07-27-05, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Even though I downloaded it and watched it, I will be purchasing this on the release date.

I want to encourage studios to continue to reward fans like this.

Family Guy rocks and Im glad its back.
Old 07-27-05, 12:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Flave
I feel exactly the same way. I have not seen this “movie,” but I did buy the explicit version of the Family Guy Live in Las Vegas CD and she, as well as Stewie and others, curse quite a bit from song to song. Strange how Lois’s cursing on that CD bothers me more than infant Stewie’s cursing (which he does a lot). I heartily recommend this CD for those of you who haven’t bought it yet. It took a second listen for me to really appreciate it and now I can’t turn it off. Warning: Your driving may be impaired when listening to it behind the wheel.
Old 07-27-05, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I laughed very hard at this, it was hysterical? How the hell was it leaked so early? I was shocked when I found it online yesterday.

Either way, I'll probably pick it up if its at a good price to show my support for the show. Really funny feature film, with a ton of cussing.
Old 07-27-05, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jobronie
Old 07-27-05, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by RyoHazuki
I second that. Isn't 4 and 6 a bit young for Family Guy?
Old 07-27-05, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Yes, 4 and 6 year loving Family Guy? There's some great visual humor there but a lot of it is topical humor that a 4 or 6 year old wouldn't understand so well. Maybe I'm wrong, meh. We all started to like the Simpsons really young, right?
Old 07-27-05, 07:06 PM
Premium Member

Received 695 Likes on 465 Posts
Originally Posted by mzupeman2
Yes, 4 and 6 year loving Family Guy? There's some great visual humor there but a lot of it is topical humor that a 4 or 6 year old wouldn't understand so well. Maybe I'm wrong, meh. We all started to like the Simpsons really young, right?
This one goes to a whole new level.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.