Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Holy Cow! I need to replace my whole collection...

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Holy Cow! I need to replace my whole collection...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-07, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 436 Likes on 253 Posts
I rarely double-dip. The only time I'll consider it is if the new version is anamorphic and the old version wasn't. Even then, I'll wait until it is on sale for no more than $10.

The only exception I can remember is the 1st Lord of the Rings movie (because I bought the original without knowing an extended edition was coming and I felt there was enough value added by the extra scenes).

Last edited by Kevin Phillips; 09-16-07 at 07:11 AM.
Old 09-16-07, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
I do double dip on some, the movies that I really, really, like. But like other people have said, just because they come out with a SE later on after you have bought the first release, doesn't mean you have to buy every SE that comes out. I just limit myself to the ones that have extended scenes or improved sound and picture. But then again, I have to really love the movie first before I double dip on something. If you're not crazy about the movie there's no reason to do it.
Old 09-16-07, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I usually only Dip if they release an Unrated/Extended version later or a really feature packed multi-disc SE of a movie I love, other than that I usually stick with the original IF it's anamorphic. I don't even usually buy the 2-Disc SE's of movies that are released Day & date with a 1-Disc because I can get the 1-Disc so cheap a m onth or so later as an ex-rental (I hardly ever pay more than $8 for a dvd)
Old 09-16-07, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a fair amount of DVDs that I haven't watched yet, with newer versions that have come out. This is because I buy films that I want to watch when they reach my price point of