DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Inside the Actor's Studio ever coming to DVD? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/425052-inside-actors-studio-ever-coming-dvd.html)

NatrlBornThrllr 06-01-05 04:37 PM

Inside the Actor's Studio ever coming to DVD?

Has anybody heard any rumors or anything of the sort?

-JP

Filmmaker 06-01-05 04:45 PM

Very good question...I would love the ones with Spielberg, Harrison Ford, Tom Hanks and Spike Lee...

Geist 06-01-05 06:12 PM

Someone told me that early on, before the show or Bravo as a network really caught on, the old episodes ran longer than they do now. I'm not sure if they have since been edited down to an hour or if this person is nuts.

I do know that each taping is several hours long, so it is conceivable that they could release unedited interviews that double or triple the runtimes of the TV airings.

TomOpus 06-01-05 07:27 PM

Maybe they could unbleep the "What's your favorite curse word" segment :D

Cameron 06-01-05 08:11 PM

i had hoped that some of these would pop up as bonus disc or special features...the simpsons cast interview was great

andicus 06-01-05 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cameron
i had hoped that some of these would pop up as bonus disc or special features...the simpsons cast interview was great

That'd be a great idea. Similar to the Charlie Rose segment on the Fargo SE.

Yeah, the Simpsons cast was one of my favourites. Christopher Walken too.

Tigger 06-01-05 11:28 PM

I've inquired multiple times to Bravo regarding this and they always are polite but never admit to having any plans in the works. All I ask is that they do not do the "Best of" type gig and simply put 4 guests on one DVD. Don't go the way of "The Directors" series, unless they are just as cheap. Take a hint from the SNL's and focus on a whole episode of one guest or since each show is roughly 45 min, 4 guests at a time.

My personal favorites:
Paul Newman
Kevin Spacey
Christopher Walken (Heck, Darn)
Simpsons Cast

LucyMonostone 06-02-05 12:00 AM

chris walken was great... i love the story about being in a really tough area in new york and the kids approached him and he thought they were gonna lynch him and instead they were like "you're the coolest whiteboy" that sums up christopher walken right there.

also liked harvey keitels alot.

and who can resist one of the strangest men on the planet lipton he is one strange person.. the looks he gives is priceless that weird monkey face.

andicus 06-02-05 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Tigger
My personal favorites:
Paul Newman
Kevin Spacey
Christopher Walken (Heck, Darn)
Simpsons Cast

Yeah, Kevin Spacey was good too. Also Matthew Broderick was good, in particular discussing working with Christopher Walken in Biloxi Blues.

The more I think about it, this list could go on and on...

NatrlBornThrllr 06-02-05 02:50 AM

I'm glad to see I'm not the only person interested in some of these episodes on DVD.
I'm sad to see that it doesn't make a bit of difference to the folks at Bravo.

-JP

marty888 06-02-05 09:01 AM

One of TV's best series - maybe they could promote it as REAL reality TV. -wink-

Filmmaker 06-02-05 09:02 AM

I would like them to be expanded, too...you can always tell that some SERIOUS editing has taken place to shave the interviews down to an hour...

I've always wondered--did they really not bring up BALDE RUNNER at all to Harrison Ford, or was that section of the discussion just dropped from the broadcast, considering Ford's well-known and publicized dissatisfaction with how that role turned out.

digitalfreaknyc 06-02-05 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
I've always wondered--did they really not bring up BALDE RUNNER at all to Harrison Ford, or was that section of the discussion just dropped from the broadcast, considering Ford's well-known and publicized dissatisfaction with how that role turned out.

His was noted as being SEVERELY edited. I think the taping lasted about 3 hours...if not more.

Filmmaker 06-02-05 09:34 AM

he he...I said BALDE RUNNER...

Admiral7 06-02-05 10:03 AM

My all-time favorite was with Steven Spielberg. When Lipton asks his final question, "If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you enter the gates of Heaven?" Spielberg had just finished Amistad, which shows Cinque learning the Gospel message by looking at the pictures in a Bible and then walking outside and seeing three ships docked and their masts looking like three crosses at Golgotha (along with having recently done "Schindler's List"). Spielberg replied with one of the most profound answers I've ever heard . . . What would he like to hear God say? Answer: "Thanks for listening." I would love to have that moment on DVD.

vegasbaby 06-02-05 02:16 PM

I'll be first in line for the J. Lo interview ...

;)

lisadoris 06-02-05 03:01 PM

This would be such a great DVD. If memory serves there is a clip from Jack Lemmon's interview on the GlenGarry Glen Ross DVD where he admits to being an alcoholic and Lipton doesn't believe him at first. I would also like to see Morgan Freeman's again. They almost get into a discussion about how disapointed he is in the type of roles he's offered but Lipton just seems to cut him off. Ugh! Speilberg's was great so was Martin Landau's and Danny Glover's.

I would so buy these if they were released.

JoeyOhhhh 06-02-05 03:11 PM

It would be scrumtrelescent if these were released

Kevin599 06-02-05 04:38 PM

I was lucky enough to attend one of the shows live. The interview goes approximately three hours (and every one of the guest's movies is discussed). Following that, the guest spends roughly another TWO hours answering questions from the students!

So, obviously, the TV version is seriously edited.

digitalfreaknyc 06-02-05 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin599
I was lucky enough to attend one of the shows live. The interview goes approximately three hours (and every one of the guest's movies is discussed). Following that, the guest spends roughly another TWO hours answering questions from the students!

So, obviously, the TV version is seriously edited.

well which one??? :)

Kevin599 06-03-05 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
well which one??? :)

Alec Baldwin

digitalfreaknyc 06-03-05 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin599
Alec Baldwin

Did he talk about Harrison taking several of his roles (amongst them Jack Ryan and Richard Kimble)? :)