DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   The Office season 1 (US version) 8/16/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/424986-office-season-1-us-version-8-16-05-a.html)

Geofferson 06-01-05 09:13 AM

The Office season 1 (US version) 8/16/05

According to TVShowsOnDVD, The Office season 1 will be released on August 16th.

Don't plan on taking a vacation August 16 because you're going to The Office. The American version of the hit BBC series has been announced by Universal Studios. This single disc release will include all 6 episodes (132 mins) for $29.98. The A/V specs include an Anamorphic Widescreen (1.78:1) transfer, and a Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo mix (English/Spanish subtitles). Extras include deleted scenes, outtakes and more.
http://www.mcnally95.com/graphics/ne...iceSeason1.jpg

darkside 06-01-05 09:33 AM

I liked the American version so I will definitely pick this one up.

Gizmo 06-01-05 10:23 AM

Sweet! Hopefully this will push the ratins of Seaon 2...

scoot95 06-01-05 10:50 AM

Awesome....I can't wait for this.......

If you haven't seen this show when it aired....it will be worth it to buy just for the Basketball episode alone.....

andicus 06-01-05 11:33 AM

If you haven't seen the original (British) version either, get that first. It's miles better.

That being said, I did like this version more than I thought I would, and I do hope there is a season 2. Has that been confirmed?

Spanky BananaPants 06-01-05 12:02 PM

Wow, six episodes for $29.98? Love the show, don't love the price. Seems a little steep to me. That said, I'll probably buy it anyway.

Michael Corvin 06-01-05 12:40 PM

I like mine better. :)

http://twilightzone.home.insightbb.com/office3d1.jpg

lotsofdvds 06-01-05 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

What the deuce is that?

GmoneyOwnsYou 06-01-05 12:54 PM

Yeah, what is that? ^ But yeah Im in, Steve Carell's great too.

LasVegasMichael 06-01-05 01:12 PM

Can finally erase my Tivo'd editions. Will definately pick this up (by pre-ordering from DDD for $21 and change).

My guess is the one above is a homemade copied from HD Tivo version.

JLyon1515 06-01-05 01:23 PM

My guess is that the image Michael Corvin posted is of a custom cover that he made himself.

Michael Corvin 06-01-05 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by JLyon1515
My guess is that the image Michael Corvin posted is of a custom cover that he made himself.

Tell the man what he has won! :lol:

PopcornTreeCt 06-01-05 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Spanky BananaPants
Wow, six episodes for $29.98? Love the show, don't love the price. Seems a little steep to me. That said, I'll probably buy it anyway.

Are you serious? That's the MSRP of a regular movie. It's a pretty good deal.

I'll be getting this as soon as it comes out. I've heard good things about the British version but I then remembered it was British. Sorry, but I must be in the minority of people that have never "got" British humor.

darkside 06-01-05 02:21 PM

I expect this to be under $20 in store ads when released. I don't think the price will be a big issue.

ArchibaldTuttle 06-01-05 02:22 PM

I didn't realize that this show was only 6 episodes, I mean what's the deal it wasn't produced by the BBC, or was it?

LasVegasMichael 06-01-05 02:26 PM

It was a mid season replacement. Much like Seinfeld, Moonlighting, etc, the first seasons are short, and the longer (full season), comes inthe fall.

Josh Z 06-01-05 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by andicus
That being said, I did like this version more than I thought I would, and I do hope there is a season 2. Has that been confirmed?

Yes, a second season is on the fall schedule. Even though NBC cancelled other shows that had better ratings, their rationale was that this show appealed to an "affluent" demographic that they want to go after, which is the same reason they kept Frasier around for so long.

UKingdom 06-01-05 09:08 PM

i'm glad to see that it got renewed; i was impressed how it wasn't a straight copy of the british version, like the US coupling miserably tried to do; there are similarities of course; but i think they cast the US version and steve carrell brings a interesting take on the annoying boss that is slightly different from the british version.

Duder 06-01-05 09:23 PM

The Office on DVD so soon = :up:
Season 2 being confirmed = :up: :up: :up:

I can't wait to watch these again, and I can't wait for some new episodes!

Breakfast with Girls 06-01-05 09:30 PM

I hated the first episode, but the other episodes were great, especially the last one.

Jonathan Little 06-01-05 11:43 PM

Nice. I think my favorite episode of the six was "Healthcare." The basketball episode was quite amusing as well. Definitely a buy.

Amel 06-02-05 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Z
Yes, a second season is on the fall schedule. Even though NBC cancelled other shows that had better ratings, their rationale was that this show appealed to an "affluent" demographic that they want to go after, which is the same reason they kept Frasier around for so long.

Awesome! Season 1 dvd, season 2 confirmed and I've learned that I'm part of the affluent demographic!! .....uh, what's affluent mean?

Good news on both ends. The show seemed like it could really work, the first season was hit & miss with me, but I definitely wanna see more. I think they can get something good going with this series.

MrBob 06-02-05 11:29 PM

eventhough I have most of the season on divix I will proably pick this up for the 20 it will likely be, to support good entertaining, creative shows. I am really glad that they decided to take this a different direction than what the brittish show went.

Walter Neff 06-04-05 04:44 PM

I guess I have a different take on this than everyone else. I enjoyed watching the American version on TV, and will watch the second season, but won't be picking up the DVD. I just don't think it has the rewatchability that the British one has...

Zombie67 06-04-05 05:40 PM

I heard that the first pressing comes with two tickets to the GUN SHOW.

I can't wait for this one!