DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   "Clarissa: Season 1" has the original opening on one episode (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/423723-clarissa-season-1-has-original-opening-one-episode.html)

YourOlympicHero 05-22-05 02:35 PM

"Clarissa: Season 1" has the original opening on one episode

The last episode on the set, "Sick Days", has the original opening sequence.

The reasoning behind this is that "Sick Days" was pulled from the air years ago after parents complained the episode would encourage kids to skip school.

When The N aired reruns up until last year, "Sick Days" wasn't part of the episode rotation and therefore the opening sequence wasn't replaced with the second season intro like they did with the rest of the first season episodes.

Thought you might find that interesting.

Gizmo 05-22-05 06:11 PM

Cool. Can you jog my memory (since I won't get Clarissa), what IS the original opening? All I remember is her and her family just kinda running in and out of the camera

nightwing82 05-22-05 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Cool. Can you jog my memory (since I won't get Clarissa), what IS the original opening? All I remember is her and her family just kinda running in and out of the camera

Check it out here:

http://www.obkb.com/media/tv/series/...g/f_openo.html

JP5683 05-22-05 07:15 PM

Thanks for the info... I forgot about that opening... I have the whole series on VHS, but I didn't record them, only watched a couple. I'll have to check to see if these have the original opening or not. Probably not, I think these were taped around 92-93.

tf50515 05-22-05 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by JP5683
Thanks for the info... I forgot about that opening... I have the whole series on VHS, but I didn't record them, only watched a couple. I'll have to check to see if these have the original opening or not. Probably not, I think these were taped around 92-93.

Yeah probably not. I remember when Nickelodeon began premiering new episodes Saturday nights on SNICK (I think around '92) and they put the new opening on all the previous episodes. I kinda got annoyed by that a bit. Its great though that at least one episode has the original opening.

critterdvd 05-22-05 09:36 PM

I was too young to see the first couple season the first time they aired, so this is pretty awesome to watch an opening I never knew exsisted.

BigDan 05-22-05 10:47 PM

I recall the original opening sequence, which makes me wonder why I was watching the show at all when I was 19 years-old.

Matthew Chmiel 05-22-05 11:07 PM

I remember watching the series on a regular basis when I was a child, but I NEVER remember seeing that opening. NEVER.

JP5683 05-23-05 02:49 AM

Ok. Watched parts of about 30 episodes. According to this site, not only did the first season have the different opening, all but one episode of season 2 did as well.

21 of the episodes that I have on tape contain the original opening.

Wow!

There is part of the opening missing on that page with the vidcaps. She puts on that monster costume Ferguson is carrying, along with oversized feet and strikes a pose. When Clarissa hugs her mother, you can see she is still wearing this costume, minus the head.

Supposedly, the first episode with the new opening is "Total TV" but in the cold open for this episode, Clarissa is wearing the ant PJ's.

I don't know when all the episodes were taped, the commercials are cut out, but there are a couple of mentions of Snick, and Fifteen in between eps.

I got these in trade about five years or so ago, and just checked each tape to make sure it worked and then boxed them and put them away.

I miss this show. Melissa was just shy of 15 when this show started. Hard to believe she's 29 now.

CTUK 05-23-05 05:31 AM

I clearly remember both intros. Do you think that the UK audience got to see the season 1 episodes with the costumes etc (as displayed in the link posted by nightwing82)?

The Bus 05-23-05 08:01 AM

I remember the original opening.

SWR 1 05-23-05 12:02 PM

I went to high school with Ferguson aka Jason Zimbler. Very funny guy.

The Monkees 05-23-05 08:21 PM

I totally forgot about that opening. That is so awesome. It's amazing that this is all bringing back some really great memories of my childhood.

coladar 05-23-05 11:39 PM

It's been so long I had forgotten that opening... But seeing those pictures brought it all back. Just reading the bit about the monster costume, I suddenly had her running around in it in my mind even without any screencaps of it on that site. Amazing the little things we remember after over a decade...

Neat bit of info, when I can actually find the Clarissa set at a B&M store, I'll check it out, thanks.

Gizmo 05-24-05 01:30 AM

Yep, I remember both intors as well. Can't really forget the ant pajamas and monster suit, lol.

Cameron 05-25-05 12:59 AM

thats a good thing to know...got pete & pete and now the wife wants clarrisa....

i think these Nick dvd's have more multiple threads for any title I have seen this year

SWR 1 05-25-05 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Cameron
thats a good thing to know...got pete & pete and now the wife wants clarrisa....

i think these Nick dvd's have more multiple threads for any title I have seen this year

How is the Pete & Pete transfer. I heard it looks like Crap. I hope they did a good transfer for Clarissa. I am probably going toget both titles eventually. Maybe when DDD has their 20% off sale.