DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Major Dundee pushed back to August? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/423343-major-dundee-pushed-back-august.html)

JOE29 05-19-05 03:18 PM

Major Dundee pushed back to August?

I just saw on Amazon that this title was pushed back to August 30th. That's terrible. I was ready to buy this on it's origional release date of May 31st. What happend?

ken_572002 05-19-05 03:41 PM

That stinks!

ernestrp 05-19-05 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by ken_572002
That stinks!

Yes, it does.

Giles 05-19-05 04:44 PM

when did it change, I always noted an August street date?

Geofferson 05-19-05 04:56 PM

Looks like it did indeed get pushed back from the initial 5/31 date.

Wooderson 05-19-05 05:26 PM

Is this movie about Crocadile Dundee joining the Army?

Cameron 05-19-05 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Wooderson
Is this movie about Crocadile Dundee joining the Army?

:mad:

RevKarl 05-20-05 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Geofferson
Looks like it did indeed get pushed back from the initial 5/31 date.

Hopefully, this isn't another Sony "film classic" that goes from "delayed" to "TBA" (such as the fate of A Matter of Life and Death, which was originally scheduled for release on 5/24/2004.)

John Hodson 05-20-05 07:20 AM

They're passing extras for an R2 release of this at the BBFC, and from the looks of those, plus the comments made by Sony's Grover Crisp to Robert Harris at The Bits, it looks like they made a late decision to bolt on a good deal of extras to make this a mouth-watering SE, hence the delay.

Geofferson 05-20-05 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by John Hodson
...it looks like they made a late decision to bolt on a good deal of extras to make this a mouth-watering SE, hence the delay.

Well in that case...

JOE29 05-20-05 01:42 PM

Yeah, I was mad that this was pushed back but if it comes back better, then that'll be ok, I guess. I'll just have to wait another 3 months for this Although waiting really sucks.

Geofferson 06-20-05 11:48 AM

According to DVDAnswers, this will be coming out on August 30th:

Columbia has re-announced the extended edition of Major Dundee, but this time with extra material! The Sam Peckinpah directed film, will be available to own from the 30th August, priced at around $14.94. The film itself will be presented in anamorphic widescreen along with both English Mono and English Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. Extras will include an all new extended version with fourteen minutes of never-before-seen footage, an audio commentary with four Peckinpah historians, deleted scenes, behind the scenes featurettes, a photo gallery with production stills and posters, and the films original theatrical trailer.

JOE29 06-20-05 03:03 PM

Sounds Great! This movie was on tv this weekend on AMC, so I caught a bit of it, didn't have time to catch it all though. It looks good. Now i'm really going nuts waiting for this release. I had to go to the Mall and buy The Professionals and The Undefeated yesterday just to take my mind off of it.

Scott Connors 06-20-05 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Geofferson
Well in that case...

For this I don't mind waiting. I am not, however, trading in my VHS copy just yet.

Scott Connors 08-09-05 02:34 AM

I see now that this release has been pushed back to September 20th. Any ideas as to why the delay? I sure hope that we're not going to see a repeat of the DUEL/ED WOOD situation!

ThatGuamGuy 08-09-05 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Scott Connors
I see now that this release has been pushed back to September 20th. Any ideas as to why the delay? I sure hope that we're not going to see a repeat of the DUEL/ED WOOD situation!

Yes, they're holding it back to remove the documentary dealing with tranvestites in the military.

Seriously, though, I believe it's still making the rounds theatrically through the ****ry, so they probably just don't want to eat into those profits.

Scott Connors 08-09-05 09:17 PM

[QUOTE=ThatGuamGuy]Yes, they're holding it back to remove the documentary dealing with tranvestites in the military.

I always thought Richard Harris was just a little too concerned about his appearance in the film.... And this would explain the tension between him and Charleton Heston. :eyebrow:

Geofferson 08-19-05 10:32 AM

Great R2 (R1 should be similar) review (with pics) of this extended edition: http://www.worldwidedvdforums.com/kb...=article&k=703